Solo play and Taming - Official

Skorpa

Question for the experienced Ark survivors out there... if you are playing solo on official (all my friends quit) is there any way to tame efficiently?   I don’t know how you can possibly get any kibble going because crops and egg Dino’s are constantly killed.   

Mutton/prime seems like the best option but can still be tricky.   Mainly just curious as I love the game but taming seems to be a real bottle neck without help.  

Appreciate any advice but also understand not wanting to share secrets.

Thanks all! 

7 minutes ago, FadedGalaxys said:

Best bet is to find a tribe and join this game solo is just terrible and pretty much impossible there are many tribes you can join out there!

I definitely can see that fact.  The issue is I want to sort of see what I can do and explore the game from the bottom up before going that route.  If I just jump into a tribe I won’t understand a lot of what it took to get where they are now.   You sort of miss that grind and relationship building of going through the build up phase and end up being a gopher 

1 hour ago, Skorpa said:

Question for the experienced Ark survivors out there... if you are playing solo on official (all my friends quit) is there any way to tame efficiently?   I don’t know how you can possibly get any kibble going because crops and egg Dino’s are constantly killed.   

Mutton/prime seems like the best option but can still be tricky.   Mainly just curious as I love the game but taming seems to be a real bottle neck without help.  

Appreciate any advice but also understand not wanting to share secrets.

Thanks all! 

official pvp u talking cuz in pve its a walk in the park.

7 hours ago, Skorpa said:

I definitely can see that fact.  The issue is I want to sort of see what I can do and explore the game from the bottom up before going that route.  If I just jump into a tribe I won’t understand a lot of what it took to get where they are now.   You sort of miss that grind and relationship building of going through the build up phase and end up being a gopher 

Not really 

even if you join an alpha their will all ways be the continuous grind of raising gigas and other stuff

grinding bullets wepons armor and saddles.

being in a tribe takes nothing away but only adds fun to it

34 minutes ago, KnightRider89 said:

Not really 

even if you join an alpha their will all ways be the continuous grind of raising gigas and other stuff

grinding bullets wepons armor and saddles.

being in a tribe takes nothing away but only adds fun to it

And you are only a part time slave. But you start to have a skewed vision of difficulty, killing/losing a rock drake becomes trivial, having several bases on several server wiped to the ground is not that big of a deal, 3-4 days and you are back on top. 

However if you join a small tribe, don't worry, you will live that grinding from 0 all the time. It's just much more tolerable to grind with buddies.

Archived