Unconscious dino disappeared?

MackTheKnife

I KOd an Argy and had a good mix of cooked prime and regular meat. The cooked prime lasted to about 55%, and then I actively hunted for fresh prime, using my yellow pick and crossbow.

The bird had about 200 Biotoxin in there, and 30 filled up the bar completely. I left it alone for 40 minutes before and it didn't wake up. Left to find more prime, now it's at 80%.

I find an alpha raptor, full of prime, and harvest about 20 from it. Knowing this is more than enough, I head back to..An EMPTY SPACE? My bird seems to have disappeared out of thin air! It was not killed, nor did it wake up, because I was back in 20 minutes. It just wasn't there. 

Any idea as to what this is? Just a glitch? Because that would suck. How do i know it won't happen next time? I heard a "bird noise" right  before it disappeared while I was killing the alpha raptor, but dismissed it as nothing. Did it actually wake up somehow or did it just *poof*?

Edit - It never woke up because the creature would be there, since it was trapped in a cage the whole time. Too tightly built to escape from it.

17 minutes ago, MackTheKnife said:

I KOd an Argy and had a good mix of cooked prime and regular meat. The cooked prime lasted to about 55%, and then I actively hunted for fresh prime, using my yellow pick and crossbow.

The bird had about 200 Biotoxin in there, and 30 filled up the bar completely. I left it alone for 40 minutes before and it didn't wake up. Left to find more prime, now it's at 80%.

I find an alpha raptor, full of prime, and harvest about 20 from it. Knowing this is more than enough, I head back to..An EMPTY SPACE? My bird seems to have disappeared out of thin air! It was not killed, nor did it wake up, because I was back in 20 minutes. It just wasn't there. 

Any idea as to what this is? Just a glitch? Because that would suck. How do i know it won't happen next time? I heard a "bird noise" right  before it disappeared while I was killing the alpha raptor, but dismissed it as nothing. Did it actually wake up somehow or did it just *poof*?

Edit - It never woke up because the creature would be there, since it was trapped in a cage the whole time. Too tightly built to escape from it.

I had thus happen before with a Giganotosaurus I was taming on the Center.  I spammed a thousand or so narcotics in it and threw the super expensive quetzal kibble on it.  I flew away for an hour and when I came back if had despawned along with the kibble.  I was beyond pissed.  It seems like some creatures either despawn or fall through the map when you leave render distance.

Was trying to tame a unicorn on official. Then server update message pop up, so I ko-ed it first and let the server update.When I came back, the unicorn is still there sleeping. Managed to tamed it perfect.

On the same server,  saw a 145 dire bear, so I lead it to taming pen. Shoot it with tranq arrows. Checking with magnifying glass, almost knocked out. Then poof, it's gone, just gone, leaving behind the arrows in its butt in the air.

Creatures tend to despawn if they are too stuck with something, if their hitbox collide with something long and been tranq or fed at that time, they disappear.

29 minutes ago, Famine said:

Wild dinos in the process of being tamed do not show up in the tribe log until the taming process has been completed. That’s when you’ll get a message. 

I’m positive that it was a glitch and that it fell through the ground. No one was online and it was fully KOd. 

It doesn’t matter now because I tamed a 120 argy and kept killing alphas to feed it. Tamed in less than an hour! So more than made up for it. 

33 minutes ago, MackTheKnife said:

I’m positive that it was a glitch and that it fell through the ground. No one was online and it was fully KOd. 

It doesn’t matter now because I tamed a 120 argy and kept killing alphas to feed it. Tamed in less than an hour! So more than made up for it. 

It didnt need to be a player, it could have been killed by another wild dino ? 

Edit: just seen the thing about argy been in a cage. Maybe not a wild dino then.

30 minutes ago, Cowgirl said:

I have had dinos slowly fall through the world, the more times they were rendered in and out the farther they slid into the ground, I had to stop going out of render.

Ehh the weird part is that I lured an alpha raptor to a cage almost right beside mine with the argy, and I killed the raptor, turned around, and my bird was gone. So it wasn’t render distance.

41 minutes ago, MackTheKnife said:

Ehh the weird part is that I lured an alpha raptor to a cage almost right beside mine with the argy, and I killed the raptor, turned around, and my bird was gone. So it wasn’t render distance.

Is it possible that during the fight you or the raptor killed and ate the argent? Then again if that were the case there should be a bag, that sucks!

Archived