Sign in to follow this  
Promiseheart

Alpha raptor bug?

Alright, so for the first time i'm playing without playing primitive.  i thought i would always do alright in this game.  i started over at the island but keep running into Alpha raptors responding in a certain 2 areas in the easy part of the map.  i full understand that they are alpha, bigger, badder, faster, etc.  it started with an alpha raptor level 7.  it killed me multiple times while doing simple things like trying to retrieve a bag, it's killed many of my tames.  here's he glitch, i haven't been able to kill one, nor knock it (if you can).  after it kills me, or anything for that matter, it takes at least 1/2 a game day for it to stop attacking the carcass.  i can sit back and launch arrows at it, and it never gets phased.  i literally had to attack it from a boat, drag it all the way out to the border in there ocean, and leave it there.  now, i have a level 34 alpha, and don't know where it came from, bit it of course, killed me and my tame, but i can't go back because it's still trying to kill my body.  very frustrating.  

A), can narcotic arrows not hurt an alpha raptor?  

b), is harvesting a body for a half a game day normal for alpha?

Thanks.

Uh, I'll answer what I can but from what I understand is trying to tranq an alpha is like trying to do so against a 100+ rex or trike when you're shooting its head (it takes far more than its worth), it's harder still cause you're being dogged the entire time by it unlike a normal one.

As for he body eating, I can't answer this cause I see it myself and have no clue why its doing so. I haven't seen it on any other alpha types at all.

I've never seen anyone successfully knock out an alpha raptor, and I'm pretty sure it's simply not possible. 

Alpha raptors will continue to attack a downed person until the body decomposes, which just takes a few minutes.  This gives a player a small window of opportunity to get prepared and go back and kill it, assuming they were simply caught unprepared during the initial attack.

Now if memory serves there is a setting (and certain mods) that can extend the length of time before your body decays.  If that has been adjusted that may explain things if it's taking a long period of time before the Alpha raptor moves on.  The more I think about it though that may just affect a person's loot bag, so take that with a grain of salt (I've never adjusted that setting myself).

yeah its virtually impossible to knock out a alpha and as for arrows hurting it yes they do but think about this if you was riding a lvl 330 rex with 800% melee it takes a good 10 plus bites to kill a med lvl alpha now arrows take very little damage it would take way to many arrows to even notice a difference to the raptor as for the carcass eating idk they just seem to do that no clue why.

I would've thought the alpha raptors were invincible. I shot a level 3 alpha with at least 70 stone arrows with a crossbow to the head and body. It never died and I experienced the same bug where it just kept eating the carcass. It made me quit the game when I had a whole squad of all my dinosaurs and an alpha raptor, that was level three, killed 4 of my raptors, my allo and my other dinosaurs without even taking any damage to see it blood stained. I find the alpha raptor to be unnecessarily over powered. Encountering one is an instant kill for most of my dinos.