What's a good Tek-Rex ?

Globy

What are your best stats on Tek Rexes actually ? (Legacy servers doesn't count ofc).
Stats need to be before imprinted/leveled/mutationed ?

I recently found a 12.900 hp (is it good ?)

2352 on stamina (looks average, not good not bad)

And a 431.6% dmg (good ?)
(3 different rexes ofc, I actually found around 25-30 HL tek rexes)

As Tek Rexes are pretty rare (high levels rarer and good stats rarest), I would like to know what's the best/good stats on them, and if mines are good or not.

8 hours ago, Globy said:

What are your best stats on Tek Rexes actually ? (Legacy servers doesn't count ofc).
Stats need to be before imprinted/leveled/mutationed ?

I recently found a 12.900 hp (is it good ?)

2352 on stamina (looks average, not good not bad)

And a 431.6% dmg (good ?)
(3 different rexes ofc, I actually found around 25-30 HL tek rexes)

As Tek Rexes are pretty rare (high levels rarer and good stats rarest), I would like to know what's the best/good stats on them, and if mines are good or not.

Looks like a decent Rex, I would say your observations are pretty spot on. The HP is good, you can level that up to 30-50k. As for the Melee I wished I had a 400%+ myself, as my current is on the high 300%. 

Depending how far along you are, my advice would be to breed it (no imprinting required) to get the 100% taming effectiveness, this would give up a small bump on the stats. 

You could use it as a cloning template, but if you clone it be sure not to level the original, as the cloning cost scales with the level of the creature.  

Finally, my Rex with highest stamina is at 3k, I can chew thru the entire island with ease, but there are some rare situations which can lead to extended combat (like having to engage another animal after the original target), so my guess is that 6k stamina would be more than enough to handle all situations, non boss at least.

Grats!

8 minutes ago, Globy said:

Even Dragon ?

No, I meant the bosses that you would normally do rexes with. I don't recommend island dragon with rexes no matter the stats. So manticore, megapithecus, center, broodmother and ragnarok (the dragon on ragnarok is doable with rexes, just pump as much melee on them as possible)

7 hours ago, Globy said:

I didn't understand this part :/

When you tame an animal in Ark, you never ever have 100% taming effectiveness. As they eat berries/meat or even their designated kibbles the taming effectiveness drops, if the tame gets hit during the taming process, it drops even further. So far so good.

When you breed two animals, in this case a male and a female Rex (both tamed, not bred), the offspring they produce will have 100% taming effectiveness right out of the egg. So provided the baby inherits the stats you want from each parent, if it is the first bred generation, the baby will have 100% and therefore may gain a few more levels and be automatically distributed among the stats. Obviously this only works with the first generation you breed, all subsequent babies wont have that boost, they may gain mutations which gives levels, but not additional taming effectiveness.

Please let me know if it helps, I saw a video to actually understand this process. ? 

11 hours ago, Martellus said:

When you tame an animal in Ark, you never ever have 100% taming effectiveness. As they eat berries/meat or even their designated kibbles the taming effectiveness drops, if the tame gets hit during the taming process, it drops even further. So far so good.

When you breed two animals, in this case a male and a female Rex (both tamed, not bred), the offspring they produce will have 100% taming effectiveness right out of the egg. So provided the baby inherits the stats you want from each parent, if it is the first bred generation, the baby will have 100% and therefore may gain a few more levels and be automatically distributed among the stats. Obviously this only works with the first generation you breed, all subsequent babies wont have that boost, they may gain mutations which gives levels, but not additional taming effectiveness.

Please let me know if it helps, I saw a video to actually understand this process. ? 

The baby doesn't really gain level
It gets the stats from the parent

If the mother has 10k HP and the dad 8k HP
The son will have 10K or 8K
Nothing else possible (except mutation)

On 7/13/2018 at 5:07 PM, Globy said:

Thanks for the tips
And Overseer ? ?

If you have 10 people riding them I am sure it's doable.

We used higher tier rexes but the damage we took was minimal and with plenty of time to spare. Although you might wanna invest in a theri or two to distract the dragon form while you shoot it.

1 minute ago, Wazzamaniac said:

If you have 10 people riding them I am sure it's doable.

We used higher tier rexes but the damage we took was minimal and with plenty of time to spare. Although you might wanna invest in a theri or two to distract the dragon form while you shoot it.

Mehhhhhh, we're actually 3 in the tribe...
While you shoot it, you stand on your rexes ?

Archived