WOOLLY RHINO - BOSS FIGHT

arrojado1200

Hello everyone.
I wonder if anyone has ever used the Woolly Rhino in the BOSS fights, on the island map or the center.

I already watched several videos of this dino being used in Ragnarok to place against the BOSS.

I know that the herbivores used for BOSS fights would be Therezinos and Stegos. But the Rhino I still have not seen.

I've been wondering if 1 Yuti + 19 Rhinos would be able to kill the island's BOSS or the center. ¬¬

not originally. but ever since giga got the enrage nerfs, people started breeding rhinos and now their babies are stated enough to find them multipurpose. like, you know there's loads of waste when you get another sought after mutation. all the earlier generation breeds need "exterminating". we did that with our bears against hard rag boss. obviously cakes make the difference whenever you do get hit but was easy. i'd imagine the same applies to rhinos if you have them extra

6 hours ago, arrojado1200 said:

Hello everyone.
I wonder if anyone has ever used the Woolly Rhino in the BOSS fights, on the island map or the center.

I already watched several videos of this dino being used in Ragnarok to place against the BOSS.

I know that the herbivores used for BOSS fights would be Therezinos and Stegos. But the Rhino I still have not seen.

I've been wondering if 1 Yuti + 19 Rhinos would be able to kill the island's BOSS or the center. ¬¬

I bred some 350 base damage before imprinting rhinos with the intention of trying one against the broodmother, but when I realized my Megatheriums were doing 1600 Damage per ground pound I kinda felt like the rhino gimmick was a bit pointless.  It’s not that you can’t use other tames like rhinos against the bosses, it’s just other creatures can do it better.  You can kill the gamma broodmother with all Allosaurus, but why would you when the Rex is all around better.

8 hours ago, RipRavage said:

I bred some 350 base damage before imprinting rhinos with the intention of trying one against the broodmother, but when I realized my Megatheriums were doing 1600 Damage per ground pound I kinda felt like the rhino gimmick was a bit pointless.  It’s not that you can’t use other tames like rhinos against the bosses, it’s just other creatures can do it better.  You can kill the gamma broodmother with all Allosaurus, but why would you when the Rex is all around better.

Thanks for sharing your experience with the Rhinos. :P

Yes, I know there are far better duels to fight the bosses, and we know that Rex is the "king" in this battle.

One of the impediments to using the Rhino would also be the cost of your saddles, because it consumes a lot of cement.

However, if the Rhino had really high damage, this would be acceptable.

14 hours ago, eESTlane said:

not originally. but ever since giga got the enrage nerfs, people started breeding rhinos and now their babies are stated enough to find them multipurpose. like, you know there's loads of waste when you get another sought after mutation. all the earlier generation breeds need "exterminating". we did that with our bears against hard rag boss. obviously cakes make the difference whenever you do get hit but was easy. i'd imagine the same applies to rhinos if you have them extra

The advantage of herbivores is actually on the cake.

So I was thinking of Rhino as an alternative. The advantages I see of the Rhino against the Thererizos for example, would be the maturation time. Practically 3x less.

The downside, would be the cost of the saddle ... goes a lot of cement to craft.

But if the Rhino has stamina and high damage, this detail of the saddle would be just a detail.

3 hours ago, arrojado1200 said:

Thanks for sharing your experience with the Rhinos. :P

Yes, I know there are far better duels to fight the bosses, and we know that Rex is the "king" in this battle.

One of the impediments to using the Rhino would also be the cost of your saddles, because it consumes a lot of cement.

However, if the Rhino had really high damage, this would be acceptable.

Cementing paste shouldn’t be a problem if you get a frog and run the swamp cave a few times.  I generally have concerns when taking any creature into a boss fight that has less than 700 base HP, and the Rhinos only have 500.  If you are just taking on gamma bosses it’s more understandable, but I imagine Beta Broodmother would make short work of any Rhinos.  I’m a person that runs 30k HP Rexes instead of 20k because I like to have the safety net there just Incase they take too much damage.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Archived