This game... WOW!

GUTZnPAPERCUTZ

I played the Beta for ARK on Xbox some years ago, 640p, 10-20fps, Rocks and Dinos popping in around 20' from me all while looking like a 360 game lol.

I recently bought this game for my GF since she is obsessed with Dinosaurs and Minecraft and after watching a few Neebs Gaming (I know them from BF Friends) I knew she really really wanted it. I downloaded the game on my X in the Living room instead of the OG in the Bed room to see if the game looked any better on X and all I can say is WOW! Not only does the game run 1440p, solid 30fps (or 60fps @ 1080p) and the graphics are really close to what we have been watching on Neebs PC gameplay. So with the game in a much better state than I remember I decided to jump in with her on split screen and see what it is all about.

I rented a PVE Server and 52 levels later I am really impressed with this games depth and now hooked! I love Open World RPG's like The Witcher 3 and Skyrim and this reminded me of that but even better! I made my OG Xbox my Home Xbox so I only had to buy one copy of the game and I can play on my X and she can play on my OG which is awesome (first time testing this) and I even convinced a friend who JUST bought the game on Steam to get his refund back since he didn't play it yet and re-purchased it on Windows so now we can cross play which is pretty cool.

We have a Raft/Base and an actual base built up on a cliff top overlooking a cove in the S3 zone and only 1 Trike, 2 Parasaurs, 1 Raptor and 1 Pteradon tamed so we are still getting our feet wet but just wanted to share what an Awesome game this is and I kick myself for not playing it earlier even if it was borderline unplayable in the Beta. Even the OG xbox looks and performs much better than it did years ago but it really Shines on the X with the HDR :)

Archived