Changing seats on a Tapejara

TroyParry

I saw a video on how to tame a Quetzel using a Tapejara.

Ride the Tapejara, set it to target the Quetzel, then change to the front seat and use tranq arrows/darts to knock it unconscious.

I spent many many hours finding and taking the Tapejara, only to discover there’s no obvious way to change between the 3 seating positions (I always seem to be in the middle).

How am I supposed to change seats on mobile? Failing that, what methods are people using to tame Quetzel? I’m seeing many tamed ones on my server, but they are  by Chinese speaking players and cannot help me.

I don't know how much help I can assist you with but as far as I know and I experienced on Ark mobile while playing on the ipad, there's no key or swipe that allows you to change seats on the Tapejara. 

However yesterday I tamed my second Tapejara because my first one got killed, I set it on follow while I'm on my Pteranadon, and when I reached my base I whistled stop and it kept ignoring I checked if It has ignore whistle on and it wasn't the case , so I went and crafted and saddle and manage to put it on while my Tapejara still flying in circles around my Pteranadon, while trying to mount I accidentally went into the rear seat and I was able to use weapons and all but the Tapejara kept turning around in circles while I'm in the passenger seat. I jumped off and whistle follow then stop and it worked , but now can't figure out how to switch seats but at least I can confirm that it can be done on mobile. Now for your Quetzal, I play single player and I pretty much consider myself a noob because I play the game from little over a month, but my way to tame one was to go to the red obelisk, mastercrafted rifle or better, land your Pteranadon on one of the big half circle-like rocks around the obelisk ( land on top be careful it might be chalenging not to fall down sometimes when dismounting ) if the Quetzal is relatively low level you should be able to put 2-3 heads hot on him and get him down, mine was level 2, I don't care I can use it to tame higher levels, you can try it if you want, but again as I said I'm not experienced and this way worked for me, beside I play single player so highest level Dino I've seen is 30.

Good luck and hopefully I was able to slightly help 

Yeah they do, I've tamed 4 quetzals so far on single player and the hard part is actually finding them. Basically you have to tame a pteradon and another flying creature, ride whatever flying creature you have and make the pteradon follow you. Then when you find a quetzal whistle assist to all and hit the quetzal once with your flying Dino. This causes the pteradon to attack it and because it's very fast the quetzal can't do anything. Just make sure to stay within render distance because if not the pteradon will stop attacking the quetzal. After the quetzal dies (make sure victim item collection is off for the pteradon) get its essence and trap an obelisk or revival platform. Then when you revive it it can't escape and now you can knock it down and tame it. Sorry if you don't understand this it's early for me and I'm really tired.

Yes you can use the essence, but keep in mind it's kinda expensive to do it too often, craft or get a reviving platform as a reward most likely from the easy cave in the snow biome, you can run the cave 10 times in les's than 15-20 min, get the artifact and go to the obelisk it's really fast and close to each others, put the reviving platform in 3×3 stone structure, preferably 3 walls high and close it, reviving the creature will cost you 18 ancient amber I guess, if you don't like to pay or keep watching videos, try the way I did it, we'll it worked for me, I mean I used both.

Wow thanks all for the valuable information! Very clever idea of killing it and reviving/trapping it, I’ll give that a go. I have very high level flyers already so it won’t be a problem. I don’t seem to have troubles finding Quetzals, I just wasn’t able to get it in a location where my tranq arrows could reach it.

On 7/13/2018 at 6:00 AM, Orangeo said:

After the quetzal dies (make sure victim item collection is off for the pteradon) get its essence and trap an obelisk or revival platform. Then when you revive it it can't escape and now you can knock it down and tame it. Sorry if you don't understand this it's early for me and I'm really tired.

I built a really big 6x7 revival room on stone foundation, but I cannot place the revival platform on it. It says “no ground or snap point”. How can I keep the Quetzal trapped on the platform if I can’t place the platform on a foundation? Need a foundation in order to place a roof over it, otherwise I have to resort to a 4x4 with pillars and roof, and that still might not fit. I’m getting tired of experimenting with the building portion, and I only get half the resources back when demolishing, it’s a LOT to build!

Archived