Is Buying Good Rex Eggs Wrong?

HunterB1313

8 hours ago, Globy said:

16.9k e 584  ?

Como eles acham que as estatísticas  ?  Muita mutação ou AF afortunada?

As pessoas ainda usam carbo para domar o Tuso? Eu realmente uso mosa, é muito mais rápido / fácil ^^

Who wants something easy in ark?

It's not funny to take a mosa, try new things ...
Do you find it easier to buy the rexes but you tried to go to the boss with rexes that you even knocked over?
I have seen wild rex status that I believe would be enough for the average boss on the island.

I believe that the grace of playing ARK is to be noob, so I am and always will be a noob

1 hour ago, ilaia said:

Eu acho que ajuda jogadores com pouco tempo de jogo, então é bom vender ovos 

the players buy for various reasons, but I believe that the goal of the game is not only to overthrow the boss, there is a lot of fun and many hours of pleasurable activities, if you observe there are many activities that we do without having relation with the boss.

Buy as in rmt ? real money trading ?

(Imo on a PVE server, people should help each other and give breeder egg for free. Your hard work will be useful to you and to other people, and vice versa, it's Player versus Environment afterall, while the player should all help each other. If this becomes the norm, people can speed up their progress faster because they help each other out. Compare [if each and everyone works alone for the best dino] with [if everyone put their best dino for combining each other's effort for best of the best dino], ppl will win against RNG much faster.)

1 hour ago, DonaldDuck said:

Buy as in rmt ? real money trading ?

(Imo on a PVE server, people should help each other and give breeder egg for free. Your hard work will be useful to you and to other people, and vice versa, it's Player versus Environment afterall, while the player should all help each other. If this becomes the norm, people can speed up their progress faster because they help each other out. Compare [if each and everyone works alone for the best dino] with [if everyone put their best dino for combining each other's effort for best of the best dino], ppl will win against RNG much faster.)

Not real money. in game trading. using game currency (ingots, poly, crystal, other dino stats, etc.)

As to your second part I disagree with that opinion. Some one who has invested the amount of time to produce those stats should be rewarded with something else in game for investing that time. Player vs environment does not mean all player's work together harmoniously. I fail to see how giving someone a free egg that has so much time invested in it, benefits everybody. 

What benefits everybody is the grinder grinds for what is asked for while the breeder breeds and trades that time investment. That benefits everyone as the breeder can use that time they would need to grind to tame and breed and raise. The grinder still wins out but at least it helps the breeder out a little. 

23 hours ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

Not real money. in game trading. using game currency (ingots, poly, crystal, other dino stats, etc.)

As to your second part I disagree with that opinion. Some one who has invested the amount of time to produce those stats should be rewarded with something else in game for investing that time. Player vs environment does not mean all player's work together harmoniously. I fail to see how giving someone a free egg that has so much time invested in it, benefits everybody. 

What benefits everybody is the grinder grinds for what is asked for while the breeder breeds and trades that time investment. That benefits everyone as the breeder can use that time they would need to grind to tame and breed and raise. The grinder still wins out but at least it helps the breeder out a little. 

I said that because I've seen two tribes who both already have everything in the game and they wanted something from each other but couldn't get to an agreement for a fair price and ended up griefing each other. One had mastercraft rex saddle bp, and the other had Rex with high HP the other needs. In the end they griefed each other blocking cave/resources.

I also have seen ppl working together harmoniously giving each other what they need, and it worked too. My neighbour in the game ever gave me eggs/baby dino for free, because when breeding several at once for stats, dino with unwanted stats can come out and be killed anyway, so he gave it to me, or gave it to other ppl on the server who wanted it. When there was a lv 150 Rex fell into my trap, I let them use my trap and tame it and when they needed stego kibbles I gave 25 eggs for free. Sometimes we already have what we need in abundant that it actually has no value anymore.

Ppl can also be both grinders and breeders, it just depends on who has what the other wants, so yea trading works too. But it'd be even better if ppl also work together. So in PvP killing is the name of the game while in PvE we can play by helping each other, and it can benefit everybody, if you fail to see how that can work then I have to disagree with your opinion.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you so much for this info, i've been looking to start mutating Rex for a while, thank you for posting the video

On 7/12/2018 at 8:02 AM, yekrucifixion187 said:

Probably my favorite video to reference. One switch up I do. While it is easier to track if all the females have the same unmute stats (what I have done with my Quetzal's to be honest) it does take longer as you have to hatch and raise each of them. 

You can just use raised clean/tamed females as well (what I do with my Argy's). 

So what's the difference? Currently my clean female Quetzal's have the same stats and are level 233, my current top male breeder with 2 weight mutations is 237. So when I hatch an egg if I don't see level 239 it means I can kill the hatchling and move on to the next egg without having to check its stats first.

With the Argy's, since they are all different level's, I have to check the stats each time to see if there is a sought after mutation. 

More clean females means more chances to mutate the desired stat so you just breed as often as you can and replace your main male breeder. Lot of hatching and a lot of killing. With this you go until your satisfied but it takes quite a bit of time on official rates. On my Quetzal mutations with the time frame I have to hatch (maybe 36 eggs every two weeks) it took me about 3 months to go from 1680 weight to 1712, 200+ eggs and that was considered fairly fast. It probably took me closer to 500 eggs to get that first weight mute on both my Argy (768 to 784) and Quetzal (1648 to 1680). 

There are several informative discussions on both this site and youtube that can help you grasp mutations even better. 

• 4 months later...

Archived