Is Buying Good Rex Eggs Wrong?

HunterB1313

A while ago I posted a thread about good Rex stats for boss fights and at the time I knew my Rexes hatching w/ 8k hp and 280 melee weren’t gonna cut it, but I have tamed 6 good level Rexes since then 1 130, 2 135, 2 145, and 1 150. None of them have had more than 9 k hp and 295 melee. I know it is just a roll of the dice based on what stats I’ll get but it seems that the hours I spend just to find a decent Rex is not worth it. 

With that said, I am thinking of buying good Rex eggs for eventually doing a boss fight, (ideally I would still go through the process of mutations whether or not it is needed, for the fun of it), but I would like to know whether this is immoral or an exploit by ark standards, because through my experience it isn’t worth the hours it will take to find more high level rexes.

i know boss fights are a very end game thing and they aren’t just for any player, but I have some serious time on this game and it seems my searches aren’t gonna cut it.

8 hours ago, HunterB1313 said:

A while ago I posted a thread about good Rex stats for boss fights and at the time I knew my Rexes hatching w/ 8k hp and 280 melee weren’t gonna cut it, but I have tamed 6 good level Rexes since then 1 130, 2 135, 2 145, and 1 150. None of them have had more than 9 k hp and 295 melee. I know it is just a roll of the dice based on what stats I’ll get but it seems that the hours I spend just to find a decent Rex is not worth it. 

With that said, I am thinking of buying good Rex eggs for eventually doing a boss fight, (ideally I would still go through the process of mutations whether or not it is needed, for the fun of it), but I would like to know whether this is immoral or an exploit by ark standards, because through my experience it isn’t worth the hours it will take to find more high level rexes.

i know boss fights are a very end game thing and they aren’t just for any player, but I have some serious time on this game and it seems my searches aren’t gonna cut it.

In game trades is a good thing and some people are both set up and so far ahead in stats depending on how you are playing the game it just makes sense. 

The main Rex seller on PS4 PvE (meaning most of the stats out there have come from his line) was hatching 400 eggs a week to push his stats. My tribe mate and myself were trying to do our own Rex line and we found some alright base stats (10.12k hp, 2226 stam, 940 weight, 385 melee) and got a few mutations but no way could we keep up with what he was doing. So eventually we dove into the egg market. 

here's the thing, while the stats keep climbing, and by all accounts it makes it easier, your saddle armor will really determine what kind of base stats you can get away with. I've been able to beat Alpha rag, Brood, and Monkey with 12.5k-13.6k hp and 449 melee. probably could of got away with less melee if i wanted to. 

Was able to use base 10.7k hp, 396 melee Rex's to do the gamma fights. I was able to get my hands on a 92.1 armor saddle BP though and with a crafter most of my dino's had 100+ armor saddles. So try to really invest in that. 

You just have to find the thing you are good at and make that work for you for the Ark market place. Whether it be finding fantastic bp's, or raising unique dino's, different high end dino's, or just being a grind king. 

1 hour ago, Globy said:

Questions about bosses. I'm actually making baby from my Tek Rexes.
I have one with 10120 health and another with 396.3 atck (without imprinting/leveling).

Are they good rexes ? Or should I find for others before breeding ? (Mainly for the health, looks "bad/average" for a tek rex no ?)

You'll be able to do at least the gamma Brood, Monkey, and rag fight with those Rex's with a good enough saddle. However, there are definitely better Tek Rex stats out there so as long as you don't feel a rush I'd keep hunting. Muting from 396 melee isn't a bad starting point but I'd definitely look for higher hp before I start pushing mutes on that hard. 

I know of tamed (on official PvE PS4) 13.2k hp, 2600+ stamina, 1k+ weight, and 437 melee. 

26 minutes ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

In game trades is a good thing and some people are both set up and so far ahead in stats depending on how you are playing the game it just makes sense. 

The main Rex seller on PS4 PvE (meaning most of the stats out there have come from his line) was hatching 400 eggs a week to push his stats. My tribe mate and myself were trying to do our own Rex line and we found some alright base stats (10.12k hp, 2226 stam, 940 weight, 385 melee) and got a few mutations but no way could we keep up with what he was doing. So eventually we dove into the egg market. 

here's the thing, while the stats keep climbing, and by all accounts it makes it easier, your saddle armor will really determine what kind of base stats you can get away with. I've been able to beat Alpha rag, Brood, and Monkey with 12.5k-13.6k hp and 449 melee. probably could of got away with less melee if i wanted to. 

Was able to use base 10.7k hp, 396 melee Rex's to do the gamma fights. I was able to get my hands on a 92.1 armor saddle BP though and with a crafter most of my dino's had 100+ armor saddles. So try to really invest in that. 

You just have to find the thing you are good at and make that work for you for the Ark market place. Whether it be finding fantastic bp's, or raising unique dino's, different high end dino's, or just being a grind king. 

Perfect this text. Rex for Boss is a set of HP + Melee + Saddle. But the secret to getting this in the saddle BP you get. A good BP is possible to fight the BOSS on the Gamma difficulty and already start your element farm. Good luck.

56 minutes ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

You'll be able to do at least the gamma Brood, Monkey, and rag fight with those Rex's with a good enough saddle. However, there are definitely better Tek Rex stats out there so as long as you don't feel a rush I'd keep hunting. Muting from 396 melee isn't a bad starting point but I'd definitely look for higher hp before I start pushing mutes on that hard. 

I know of tamed (on official PvE PS4) 13.2k hp, 2600+ stamina, 1k+ weight, and 437 melee. 

To which I assume this is the result of months and months worth of breeding?

Like the OP, you have no idea how many hours I've spent searching and taming high level rexes, never ti find anything over 10k hp and 300+ melee, let alone anything close to what you posted lol. 

1 minute ago, Globy said:

Thanks !
Gonna look for more HP ?

Found 3 300+ armor saddle, but only a 96 on BP ^^'

Did you ever kill the Overseer ? (actually I only killed Manticore (any difficulty) with Wyverns, and Rockwell (any difficulty) with 2 players on rockwell + mass spino/reapers. But never did any boss on "normal" map)

We have done Gamma overseer twice. We used same rex's as other bosses but actually more throw away's (less imprints, weaker saddles) as a test run. we actually had a few different dino's. i rode a theri. We lost some rex's in that first fight and a bulbdog (my tribe mate was clowning) but the Yuty, most of the Rex's, and my Theri made it. The second time we went with Rex's, a Yuty, two Theri's, and then in the actual arena I and my tribe mate used sabers so we could fire a shotgun off the back of them. 

Not solo mind you. We had several riders (think 5 first time, 5 or 6 second time)

I believe we are now ready for beta tek/overseer. We'll be using some of our better breed Rex's and Theri's. I'll probably ride the same saber though during the actual fight (6400 hp, 640 melee) as long as he traverses the tek cave fine. 

1 hour ago, Corrigan said:

To which I assume this is the result of months and months worth of breeding?

Like the OP, you have no idea how many hours I've spent searching and taming high level rexes, never ti find anything over 10k hp and 300+ melee, let alone anything close to what you posted lol. 

No, unmutated off of the new Tek Rex. They spawn in at a higher level (up to 180) and get more level's distributed when tamed. Those are each individual stats pulled off single dino's. Different people own them. My alliance on a personal level has tamed 12.3k that has since muted to 12.7k, 2500+ stamina, 990 weight, and 425 melee.

Yeah on normal Rex's you'd be hard pressed to find those stats, would need a very fortunate roll but on the new Tek Rex I am sure at some point someone will tame one with 14k hp and 500+ melee. 

Edit: Update. My ally just ss me the newest hp mutation.

1024365118_2hpmutetekrex.thumb.jpg.4acda67c054acae5cb1a742a300fbbae.jpg

As you can see, the hp and melee have been combined on this one before I curtailed that and told them we need to keep the melee separate and run its own mutation line. Luckily it's an unmute melee so it doesn't affect mutation count. So we'll get this new hp onto a male and then he'll become our new, 2 mute only, top breeding male. This Rex right here though can already do several of the boss fights with a good saddle and Tek Rex's aren't even a month old.

2 hours ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

As you can see, the hp and melee have been combined on this one before I curtailed that and told them we need to keep the melee separate and run its own mutation line. Luckily it's an unmute melee so it doesn't affect mutation count. So we'll get this new hp onto a male and then he'll become our new, 2 mute only, top breeding male. This Rex right here though can already do several of the boss fights with a good saddle and Tek Rex's aren't even a month old.

Can you tell me more about mutation ? I don't know much how it works (except it is random, that it gives "bonus" point on a stats and a color)
2 days ago I had 2 mutations at the same time, both from Dad, both on food (lol). Can we have 3-4 mutations at same time ? (I really mean same time, not through 3-4 generations)

1 minute ago, Globy said:

Can you tell me more about mutation ? I don't know much how it works (except it is random, that it gives "bonus" point on a stats and a color)

Probably my favorite video to reference. One switch up I do. While it is easier to track if all the females have the same unmute stats (what I have done with my Quetzal's to be honest) it does take longer as you have to hatch and raise each of them. 

You can just use raised clean/tamed females as well (what I do with my Argy's). 

So what's the difference? Currently my clean female Quetzal's have the same stats and are level 233, my current top male breeder with 2 weight mutations is 237. So when I hatch an egg if I don't see level 239 it means I can kill the hatchling and move on to the next egg without having to check its stats first.

With the Argy's, since they are all different level's, I have to check the stats each time to see if there is a sought after mutation. 

More clean females means more chances to mutate the desired stat so you just breed as often as you can and replace your main male breeder. Lot of hatching and a lot of killing. With this you go until your satisfied but it takes quite a bit of time on official rates. On my Quetzal mutations with the time frame I have to hatch (maybe 36 eggs every two weeks) it took me about 3 months to go from 1680 weight to 1712, 200+ eggs and that was considered fairly fast. It probably took me closer to 500 eggs to get that first weight mute on both my Argy (768 to 784) and Quetzal (1648 to 1680). 

There are several informative discussions on both this site and youtube that can help you grasp mutations even better. 

1 hour ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

There are several informative discussions on both this site and youtube that can help you grasp mutations even better. 

Thanks a lot for all theses infos ! Gonna watch it ! ?

Anyway, w didn't find a new HP rex yet (terribly hard to find a high level ? )
BUT we just tamed a awesome a ttack one :D 
431.6% !
And he's beautiful ?

rex.thumb.JPG.8c43ef225b6d35986d80e8eafde4430c.JPG

14 minutes ago, Globy said:

Thanks a lot for all theses infos ! Gonna watch it ! ?

Anyway, w didn't find a new HP rex yet (terribly hard to find a high level ? )
BUT we just tamed a awesome a ttack one :D 
431.6% !
And he's beautiful ?

Wow, he is beautiful!

My forays into tek rex breeding/taming has gotten me a really good stat in food. So it's a work in progress.

15 hours ago, HunterB1313 said:

There's absolutely nothing wrong with buying high end Rexes or dinos alltogether. Breeding, and especially breeding for stats and mutations takes a lot of time - you want to use tames with one high stat each and may end up taming 100 specimens or even more just to get those together. While, on the other hand, Rexes are probably THE most bred species, many have been breeding them for months, they already have the stats and most are happy to sell or trade. Even more, there's quite a number of species worth breeding, so different tribes concentrate on different dinos and buy/trade for those they need and don't breed themselves.

The only thing I'm not a fan of personally is if someone just buys high end tames or eggs, then keeps mass raising their babies and claims to be a breeder when really they don't do anything but raising others' hard work. Especially when they start giving away eggs for cheap.

32 minutes ago, Eanaya said:

The only thing I'm not a fan of personally is if someone just buys high end tames or eggs, then keeps mass raising their babies and claims to be a breeder when really they don't do anything but raising others' hard work. Especially when they start giving away eggs for cheap.

This is what ended up happening to the main rex breeder for PvE on PS4 (at least the one selling to the public). he eventually was getting undercut by the people he originally sold too but with no new stats and even though he was at least 2 levels ahead of what was being marketed the most he just stopped pushing the stats to sell. Started breeding for himself and his allies only. 

Finally someone else has caught up to where he left off but they are at least 2 months behind. 

I do the same with my Quetzal's. I started with 1648 weight and still sell that. I'll start selling 1680 when I hit 1744. I want to put that buffer in there but I know several people who bought 1648 from me just bred them a few times and started selling them at prices below where I was selling them. There is probably better weight on PvE for PS4 (I'm not obtuse to the fact that the best are rarely marketed) but  no one else really sells them. I know one other Quetzal breeder who has 1680 (again PvE and PS4, I'm not trying to compare to what the PvP folks and Xbox and PC folks have) and he trumps everywhere else but again he doesn't really sell his best line or at least doesn't openly market it. 

Trying to be the best on the market is one of the joys of the game but it's a fine line to make sure you don't just sell to someone who is going to mass produce at a fraction of your price. That takes the joy away. 

always remember only game currency, other forms of payments can be seen as outlaw situation.

here we love to play, so buying game items is not our goal, we played since december 2017 on pve servers

I particularly bought a couple of high-level adult rex, and then I started my line mixing with rex of scenarios and color of events.

sometimes we exchange eggs like other players, to change the level of mutations

What about the statistics?

well the ideal and you alone discover the ideal value.

I think not only arenas of bosses is the ARK,

I really like to tame, have tried to take down a rex without traps?

or the challenge of taming a Tuso down with a carbonem, then you have a lot of fun before you waste hours trading metal or crystal to buy a rex do not you think?

13 hours ago, ishootpaint said:

The current "standard" so to speak with rexs are 16.9k hp and 584 melee before imprint. I dont even want to think about how long that breeder worked on them stacking mutations.

16.9k and 584 ?

How do they find that stats ? Lots of mutation or lucky AF ?

5 hours ago, doceproce said:

or the challenge of taming a Tuso down with a carbonem, then you have a lot of fun before you waste hours trading metal or crystal to buy a rex do not you think?

People still using carbo to tame Tuso ? I actually use mosa, it's really faster / easier ^^

1 hour ago, Zzaacchh said:

i have been recently breeding on legacy and have some rex that are over 24k and 700% born it has taken months of breeding to get them to this point just from 22k 600% that i purcased from another player to continue breeding, and i think everyone uses shark or mosa now 

I heard that legacy has better stast dino, it's a dupe land, lots of people has 25k health/750+ attack on it. Or a 400+ attack rex (which is impossible on fresh server).
24k or 700% on fresh server without imprint looks pretty impossible too IMO ?

38 minutes ago, Globy said:

I heard that legacy has better stast dino, it's a dupe land, lots of people has 25k health/750+ attack on it. Or a 400+ attack rex (which is impossible on fresh server).
24k or 700% on fresh server without imprint looks pretty impossible too IMO ?

yes i heard that the rexes of these stats are from a tamed baby :( however i do know that 420% on a rex is quite achievable for a fresh tame and with tek rex variants avaliable ATM 500% with 16k hp is achievable without mutations this is why i stated legacy 

21 minutes ago, Zzaacchh said:

yes i heard that the rexes of these stats are from a tamed baby :( however i do know that 420% on a rex is quite achievable for a fresh tame and with tek rex variants avaliable ATM 500% with 16k hp is achievable without mutations this is why i stated legacy 

500 looks high, especially cuz' Tek Rexes are very rare.
But it shoudn't be impossible with tones of luck ^_^

Archived