So... when will player dedicated hosts get as much freedom as Nitrado servers?

It really does suck that player dedicated hosts cannot fully customize the setting like Nitrado servers. I understand they need to make money but jeez, the least we could have is alot more control over what we host. I feel the with clusters alone Nitrado servers are good. The least I ask for more customization that Nitrado servers have.

I really dont like relying on someone whos PAYING to keep a server up and worrying about that person deciding to not pay anymore and 2-3 month of work down the drain.

would be cool to have a tool like ASM on win10 version like my servers on the steam version. i just feel like no one ever plays on traditional dedicated servers because Nitrado offers things like clusters. I really would love to use the full power of my PC and host amazing servers for Xbox crossplay but it seems this isnt Wildcards vision..

3 hours ago, V0lumeZer0 said:

You actually can access the config files for your server as long as your hosting the server on the windows 10 xbox cross play version. With access to these config files you can do everything a Nitrado Server can like custom drops.

The Nitrado host version is different than the Win10 Play Anywhere version of the game.  There are things that just don’t work on the Play Anywhere version.  For example, bAutoUnlockAllEngrams=true does not work.

12 minutes ago, SubjeqtZero said:

The Nitrado host version is different than the Win10 Play Anywhere version of the game.  There are things that just don’t work on the Play Anywhere version.  For example, bAutoUnlockAllEngrams=true does not work.

Ohhh okay. i keep my server basically vanilla 5x  so i dont change to many things. Btw are you even able to launch your windows 10 play anywhere at the moment?? Mine keeps crashing after the chronicles 2 update today.

• 3 months later...

Try placing the command under different headers in the game ini. Im sure you probably already tried but might be worth to try several spots and see if it works. I was reading other forums and thats basically all people do to eventually get stuff working for win10 version. Im currently preparing my server on hyper v for the upcoming dlc so ill be messing with this stuff more in-depth here yet again in the next few days. Following this post lemme kno if u find a solution. 

Archived