pve Novemia Server Cluster-5 servers, Great community!

Wikumos

Steam Group Page https://steamcommunity.com/groups/NOVARK

WE WILL HAVE EXTINCTION DLC CLUSTERED IN ON RELEASE DAY!

5x taming, 3x exp, 3x gather, 5x maturation

Mods: Structures+, Platforms+, SteamPunk, Backpack mod, Balanced Kibble mod, Eco Trees, Eco Rp Decor, Eco Shoppe Decor, Eco Stables decor, Eco Garden decor, Eco Tek Decor, Eco Aberration Decor, Awesome Teleporters, Super Spyglass, Ticket Mod, Castles Keeps and Medieval Architecture, and Rare Sightings Mod.

The Volcano Map    216.52.25.75:27060
Ragnarok Map   216.52.25.75:27051
Scorched Earth Map   216.52.25.75:27054
The Island Map   216.52.25.75:27057
Aberration 216.52.25.75:27018

Last map reset:  March 29, 2018.

Join now and claim your base area!

Visit our Group Page at http://steamcommunity.com/groups/NOVARK

We have very carefully scrutinized our mod selections. We have alot of Eco's mods because they add alot to the PvE building experience. When first joining, the most time taken downloading & installing TheVolcano and SteamPunk mods, those are the 2 biggest. We try to minimize the number of mods on the server, but the ones we have REALLY are worth the initial time to install them.

Also, feel free to join our Discord channel at:
 https://discord.gg/rjZDM7Y

Tip: To shorten your initial load time when joining for the first subscribe and install The Volcano map before joining.

The Volcano https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=715028562

A little history about Novemia Cluster.....

We started our first server November 12, 2012. It was a Minecraft Realms server, then after about 1-2 years we outgrew Realms and needed a REAL server to host Novemia on. I ran the Novemia Minecraft server up until June 2017 (5 years), it was up consistently the entire time. June 2017, I decided to pass on the Minecraft server to one of my admins named Falyrion who runs the Novemia Minecraft server to this day!

At that time, June 2017, I decided I instead wanted to expand Novemia to Ark. We started out with 1 PvE Island map server and a few mods. After about 2 months, we decided we wanted to add SE and Ragnarok (which had just become an official map), so we added them. We kept adjusting mods and settings, and then in December 2017 we added Aberration, Volcano, and Crystal Isles maps to the cluster (7 maps /servers in the cluster at that time). Then in January 2018, we added Shigo Islands map to the cluster (8 servers in the cluster).

At that time Rare Sightings mod was new, and I had been adjusting the settings on that mod, so our breeding was a little out of whack cause I had Rare Sightings stuff spawning at lvl 225, where our wild max lvl was 150. We were quickly realizing that it was screwing up our breeding, making taming wild creatures (not rare sightings) was pointless. But we lived with it till about Easter of 2018, for Easter of 2018 we decided we wanted to run the Egg Roulette mod. By that time, plenty of players had done all the bosses and were using the mutater to mutate for their breeds, and quite a few had some lvl 700+ dinos. Well, with the egg roulette mod, their dinos were laying lvl 700 eggs of pretty much every type of dino in the game, due to the Egg Roulette mod. We quickly realized that the current map was truly ruined, breeding was pointless, no one would have any reason to tame anything wild at all.

March 29th, 2018..

Majority of the active players on Novemia, about 15 or so, all gathered with me in Discord, and we decided we had to do a full map wipe of all maps. For about 3-4 hours we discussed every setting, even ones we weren't using, every mod that we used and suggestions on any we should consider adding, and every map. We quickly realized that we needed to get rid of Upgrade Station mod, simply because it made things too easy (can make primitive blueprints for items with max armor/dmg/durability) for anything and they costed next to nothing to make, not to mention having gear that good , made bosses super easy! We also realized that we had to get rid of Crystal Isles map, because at that time there were element nodes that you could harvest and in about 10-15 minutes (with good anky) could have 5k worth of element.

In that meeting, we decided to go from 8 maps to 4 maps. The Volcano, since you could do all bosses and ascension on that map, didn't need The Island, also since last time hardly anyone played on The Island map, Scorched Earth, The Center (great for getting high lvl dinos), and Ragnarok. And to create motivation, we said that we wouldn't have Aberration until someone, anyone on the server, ascends!

Well, on July 8th 2018, the first group ascended! On July 9th, we added another server to the cluster with Aberration, making it 5 servers in the cluster, and also added Castles Keeps and Medieval Architecture mod to add some new things , to also freshen things up a little!

If you took the time to read this, I applaud you! But if you'd like to be a part of our history, please join us, we can always use more good people!

Hey, we were wondering about this server and after reading through your post we were a little confused. So you decided to keep the Rare Sightings mod? Were you able to come up with a solution to keep the mod and I'm assuming that you just had it not spawn anything over 150? The mod itself seems nice to have a variation in dino colors but having the mod give a clear advantage to taming rare-sight-only over wild dinos would make things very unappealing. Anyways, good luck on the server and thanks for reading my reply. ^^

Rare Sightings is an incredible mod! But, it has to be properly configured , so it doesn't throw off the balance of things on a server. For example, if you have it spawn things too high in lvl, then there's no point in taming a max lvl wild tame for breeding, since the rare sightings dino will be much better.

On our server, we have it set to spawn things level 140-160, with our max wild level being 150. Having rare 155's and 160's spawn on the map, doesn't make the 150's not worth taming, since the 155 or 160's are pretty much the same statwise, and a 150 can still spawn better than a 160 statwise, depending where the stats randomly go. We also wanted the Rare Sightings dinos to feel special and fun, so set like that, it does add to the game.

The toughest thing to do, especially in PvE, is to ensure all mods and settings don't change core mechanics of Ark too much. Most players enjoy the core Ark experience, and quite often ask for things to be put on the server that seem cool at first, but for a longterm server are very detrimental, and cause a map wipe, due to severe imbalance issues.

A great example would be spawning in level 400 dinos for players to hunt down and tame. Sure, is fun to do, but once you do that, you erase the hard work a player has done with breeding, to get his breeding line to that point.

On a longterm server, a key goal is to not erase too much of the grind, because the grind is what keeps players there for the longterm and helps keep overall number of active players up, on the server. Make it too easy, and players quickly get everything built, tamed, bred and bosses all killed multiple times and then get bored and run out of things to do in game and move onto another server or another game.

Sorry Skorpa it took me so long to reply, usually tons faster1. We don't have any of that at all! There are a couple modest sized bases, but nothing all that big really, people have been really considerate! Also, there may be a couple unusual colored dinos, but not that many, from the Easter Event and the Arkaology Event.

Archived