Is there any effective way to prevent offline raiding?

Soulgure

Hey y'all, so i've been pretty much wiped offline today and i found it really unfair as i didn't stand a chance to defend my base... The guys that raided us offline tried to do it online about 6 times no joke, i can say that they lost about 10 griffins and 2 wyverns just in the attempt while we did not lose a thing, then the moment i go to bed they come and wipe us. So is there any way? Asking the pros here.

Edit: Small tribe btw

24 minutes ago, Soulgure said:

Hey y'all, so i've been pretty much wiped offline today and i found it really unfair as i didn't stand a chance to defend my base... The guys that raided us offline tried to do it online about 6 times no joke, i can say that they lost about 10 griffins and 2 wyverns just in the attempt while we did not lose a thing, then the moment i go to bed they come and wipe us. So is there any way? Asking the pros here.

Edit: Small tribe btw

Find a server with offline raid protection.  When turret limits combine their power with somebody that is unemployed there’s little you can do to stop them from wiping your stuff.  You could use purlovia to hide your good loot, but that won’t stop your base and tamed from getting killed.

There is no way to stop people wiping you while you sleep because soakers in this game are very very unbalanced in comparison to structures and turrets. 4,000 turrets wouldn't stop an offline raid. It needs to by like conan to be honest. Raiding only aloud from 4-11pm.atleast that way everyone is happy and pvp then actually becomes pvp not pve, because no matter what anyone says, it ain't pvp when your enemy is asleep.. 

22 minutes ago, Ronson12 said:

There is no way to stop people wiping you while you sleep because soakers in this game are very very unbalanced in comparison to structures and turrets. 4,000 turrets wouldn't stop an offline raid. It needs to by like conan to be honest. Raiding only aloud from 4-11pm.atleast that way everyone is happy and pvp then actually becomes pvp not pve, because no matter what anyone says, it ain't pvp when your enemy is asleep.. 

mind telling me what the raiding meta atm is? I heard its trikes

The Devs are just not playing ther game. Its easy to fix it realy:

If you are offline Turrets should no use up ammo for 12h and autodecaytimer has to be hidden until 10 days are left.

People can still flakrun or use blindspots aswell as rocketruning just no Offlineraiding Soakcancer Wipebullpoop. 

I have a Pearlcave on Center its so op. 100 Turrets 1 Door no Soakers... 35+ People tryed to offline it haha so sad. If you play on PS4 let me know.

i've had this convo a hundred times. "stay online" is my answer to trigger people. when i post suggestions to actually counter and help the situation, i don't see any feedback. mostly good ideas get dismissed or rejected and the god-awful thoughts echo like thunder. like, can any of you actually point out why pvp needs a visible decay timer? i don't mind the code running in the back but it's really hurting the pvp community when there's a freaking clock revealing your activity. people are more eased to attack when they see the counter has run down. also, i've suggested a modded offline-raid-protection system that wouldn't make you invincible. just gives you slight benefits. my example was 3x turret dmg and 3x structure resistance to dmg. i think it would be rather easy to implement as most of the code has already been written and is in use. 

8 hours ago, Soulgure said:

mind telling me what the raiding meta atm is? I heard its trikes

Trikes took the place of stegos after they patched stegos so the rider can get hit but it was futile. Pretty much anything with good hp will drain you, i used to do it with 17k-19k argies and that was before the tlc gave them heal abilitie. 

Golem, paracer, drake, reaper, trike, stego, argy, reaper, bronto,pachy, squid, basi, dunky, spino, flak, riot, sheild. The list is endless 

You want to have turrets, bear traps, spikes obslviously to make the raiders take longer which gives a better chance of someone getting on. You also want to have foreign tribe members that are on at different times. You want a decent amount of tribe members. And you want a tribe group chat on some sort of app with alerts so everyone that can get on will when gettin raided. Good luck man.

9 hours ago, Ronson12 said:

Using Conan as an example of good PVP is a very bad idea. In that game players put all theur best loot on their bodies and log out when they get raided. The body disappears upon logout making it pointless to raid. Then there is the issue of players building on giant pillars where the only way to raid them is with gods or building a giant tower next to it since siege weapons don't reach that far., Even individual combat is boring always boiling down to who has the better high stat weapons/armor where as in ARK at least you still stand a reasonable chance to beat someone with better gear.

Conan is overall a terrible PVP game.

11 hours ago, RipRavage said:

Find a server with offline raid protection.  When turret limits combine their power with somebody that is unemployed there’s little you can do to stop them from wiping your stuff.  You could use purlovia to hide your good loot, but that won’t stop your base and tamed from getting killed.

ORP isn't the answer. If anything the low popularity of ORP servers shows that ORP is entirely a failure. It introduces more exploits and issues then it solves. 

24 minutes ago, Spooneriscool said:

You want to have turrets, bear traps, spikes obslviously to make the raiders take longer which gives a better chance of someone getting on. You also want to have foreign tribe members that are on at different times. You want a decent amount of tribe members. And you want a tribe group chat on some sort of app with alerts so everyone that can get on will when gettin raided. Good luck man.

Considering how somebody managed to make it so that Discord can message in-game players and in-game to Discord. Sure why not.

As mentioned, this topic has been discussed thousend times before. There is no way to protect your base from offline raiding, even the all mighty pearl cave can be raided with in hours just by tanking with shields. Only thing you can do about it is make it last longer by making millions of turret towers around your base or make it cost more to enemy by making base which is just empty vaults around map.

Reason why ORP does not work is that people who cry about offline raiding are same people who drop all loot before enemy gets inside base when being online raided. And there is currently no way to prevent item dropping atm.

But best ORP would be just set servers PVE for 8 hours at night time.

2 minutes ago, TangoOsmo said:

As mentioned, this topic has been discussed thousend times before. There is no way to protect your base from offline raiding, even the all mighty pearl cave can be raided with in hours just by tanking with shields. Only thing you can do about it is make it last longer by making millions of turret towers around your base or make it cost more to enemy by making base which is just empty vaults around map.

Reason why ORP does not work is that people who cry about offline raiding are same people who drop all loot before enemy gets inside base when being online raided. And there is currently no way to prevent item dropping atm.

Yes ORP is really a flawed concept but making servers PVE would just disadvantage players from different time zones and those that work night shifts. 

14 minutes ago, TangoOsmo said:

What almighty pearl cave we talking about here? 

Ark is a PVE game and not PVP. Many say that in essence it is PVP ... they are wrong. Ark has so many things to explore on PVE that I left PVP. I played PVP and my days basically boiled down to making ammunition for turrets. Today I play PVE in official server, and I am much happier with this game because I finished all the boss, complete ascension, dominate all the maps and now I only lack the last DLC Extinction.

1 minute ago, arrojado1200 said:

Ark is a PVE game and not PVP. Many say that in essence it is PVP ... they are wrong. Ark has so many things to explore on PVE that I left PVP. I played PVP and my days basically boiled down to making ammunition for turrets. Today I play PVE in official server, and I am much happier with this game because I finished all the boss, complete ascension, dominate all the maps and now I only lack the last DLC Extinction.

No ARK was designed from the ground up specially as PVP game. PVE as a mode wasn't even in the game for the first month or so.

You say that all you did in PVP was make turret bullets and then got bored, I have to ask why didn't you go and attack your enemy. Why wait for them to strike first? 

8 minutes ago, ForzaProiettile said:

No ARK was designed from the ground up specially as PVP game. PVE as a mode wasn't even in the game for the first month or so.

You say that all you did in PVP was make turret bullets and then got bored, I have to ask why didn't you go and attack your enemy. Why wait for them to strike first? 

Of course I attacked my enemies. Obviously, you did not have to ask. But unlike you pertaining to a mega tribe, the time spent actually crafting ammo is enormous.

You're right, Ark was created to be a PVP game, but not even far from it can be played as a PVP. As I said here in this topic ... raid offline is not pvp.

LoL is more PVP than Ark ... kkkk

6 minutes ago, arrojado1200 said:

Of course I attacked my enemies. Obviously, you did not have to ask. But unlike you pertaining to a mega tribe, the time spent actually crafting ammo is enormous.

You're right, Ark was created to be a PVP game, but not even far from it can be played as a PVP. As I said here in this topic ... raid offline is not pvp.

LoL is more PVP than Ark ... kkkk

I've been in 3 mega tribes over the years and I know how it works. Most of them will try and recruit you with promises of PVP but they really just intend to turn you into another worker. In these large tribes typically the base building/farming jobs always went to the newest recruits, the worst PVPers and the PVE players in the tribe and unless you were a bit forceful with the leadership it was easy to end up spending your days gathering thatch.

In each of the mega tribes that we joined I had it as part of our joining contract an agreement that we were there strictly for PVP purposes and that we would farm our own weapons/explosives to do PVP. Two of those tribes eventually tried to make us into generic farmers for them almost upon joining and as a result we ended up basically doing our own thing and pretty much acted as a separate tribe almost.

The third tribe though honoured our agreement. They were a large Asian Tribe called Hong Xing that controlled several servers.. They were trying to invade/take over the server we were currently playing on and were having difficulty in a war against the current alpha tribe called Dolphin Club. They had formed a sub tribe called Heaven which so the story goes was their Warrior Branch and which now was being used to take over this server - OC 133.

The timing of all this quite fortunate to us because ironically this other tribe Dolphin Club had kicked us out a week prior for "raiding too much". We'd gone around the server and wiped a whole bunch of tribes one day and supposedly that was against tribe rules. So with our reputation cemented we went and joined their enemy the Chinese who needed proven killers to help them in their fight. Less then a week later we wiped the base of Dolphin Club and they quit the server for good.

I know a lot players on here say a lot of bad stuff about the Chinese players but one thing I have found with them is they are reliable. You can count on them to not mess you around. In my time in this Chinese tribe it truly was PVP paradise  at least as far as one could have it within a large mega tribe. They had their army of workers tending to the fields while we went around server hopping blowing the crap of bases and tribes and returning with scores of ascendant BPs which they very much loved. The only farming I ever had to do was for C4 and ingots for new guns. They stuck to their word which is more then I can say for the other two tribes.

Archived