Small tribes,the mode that doesn't quite know what it is

Ronson12

Hi all

I am currently playing on the small tribe servers.i am enjoying it,its a refreshing change from being in a mega alliance and being bored to death.

now with that out of the way i just want to make my opinion heard on the small tribe servers.unclaiming dinos has been removed,which is a good thing,it means bigger tribes cannot pass on stronger tames to their friends/other tribes helping them bypass all the hard work it takes to get to that point.tribes aren't aloud to ally on these servers clearly due to alliance being removed and the new code of conduct that states you are not to team up with other tribes in any way.now my gripe here is that it's pointless to remove claiming dinos if you can just pass on eggs making tribes your not supposed to be working with in anyway bypass months of hard work and letting them skip the whole taming and searching for the best pairs to breed etc.

With this said,why is trading on these servers even a thing? it's either a free for all game mode or it's not.

P.s the majority of small tribes servers i have played has people lending each others prints.helping each other with ovis,teaming up vs other tribes etc etc.they all seem to think they can "verbally" alliance.i've had a support ticket in for over 5 days now due to multiple tribes teaming up to wipe us and basicly setting us back to the point where we can't come back because they are all in bed together and work together.the last time i contacted wildcard it took 4 weeks to get a responce,4 weeks in ark is a lifetime..

50 minutes ago, Ronson12 said:

Hi all

I am currently playing on the small tribe servers.i am enjoying it,its a refreshing change from being in a mega alliance and being bored to death.

now with that out of the way i just want to make my opinion heard on the small tribe servers.unclaiming dinos has been removed,which is a good thing,it means bigger tribes cannot pass on stronger tames to their friends/other tribes helping them bypass all the hard work it takes to get to that point.tribes aren't aloud to ally on these servers clearly due to alliance being removed and the new code of conduct that states you are not to team up with other tribes in any way.now my gripe here is that it's pointless to remove claiming dinos if you can just pass on eggs making tribes your not supposed to be working with in anyway bypass months of hard work and letting them skip the whole taming and searching for the best pairs to breed etc.

With this said,why is trading on these servers even a thing? it's either a free for all game mode or it's not.

P.s the majority of small tribes servers i have played has people lending each others prints.helping each other with ovis,teaming up vs other tribes etc etc.they all seem to think they can "verbally" alliance.i've had a support ticket in for over 5 days now due to multiple tribes teaming up to wipe us and basicly setting us back to the point where we can't come back because they are all in bed together and work together.the last time i contacted wildcard it took 4 weeks to get a responce,4 weeks in ark is a lifetime..

I think the concept is great, but when I read the rules of conduct about not teaming up it really made me laugh.  How the heck can they possibly think this is something that can be policed?  So my theory is it's not.  They put that rule in there just as a possible if not really low possibility deterant.  So they tell people it's agaist the rules but not a chance they actually intend on enforcing it.  So while it's I guess against the spirit of what they were trying to do here don't take it with any sort of hard line ruling because you will be greatly disapointed.

In regards to trading fert eggs, I'd hate to see them take that out because in normal PVP and PVE servers fert eggs are one of the best currencies in the game.  If tribes want to give them away, whatever but I don't think that's a particularly huge issue IMO.  Not like raising eggs is super easy because it's not.

17 minutes ago, Aylana314159 said:

Wouldn't trading be teaming?

No because the 6 tribe team concept is't about all other tribes are hostile, it's about trying to keep the total limit of the tribe at 6 and the hope of not having tribes team up together making them in essence larger than they should be.  Trading is a concept that can certainly exist and IMO should exist since it enriches the game.

3 hours ago, Melcreif said:

I think the concept is great, but when I read the rules of conduct about not teaming up it really made me laugh.  How the heck can they possibly think this is something that can be policed?  So my theory is it's not.  They put that rule in there just as a possible if not really low possibility deterant.  So they tell people it's agaist the rules but not a chance they actually intend on enforcing it.  So while it's I guess against the spirit of what they were trying to do here don't take it with any sort of hard line ruling because you will be greatly disapointed.

In regards to trading fert eggs, I'd hate to see them take that out because in normal PVP and PVE servers fert eggs are one of the best currencies in the game.  If tribes want to give them away, whatever but I don't think that's a particularly huge issue IMO.  Not like raising eggs is super easy because it's not.

well someone mentioned here on the forums global chat should be disabled which i agree with and would make it harder for people to team up and communicate with each other.global is pretty much used for allies and abusive people who talk some of the stupidest/sickest stuff i've heard in a game in all my years of gaming so IMO it wouldn't be a great loss purely for this game mode.all though eggs are used as currency in vanilla ark it would be much better to leave it in vanilla so we can have other varied modes instead of the same old same,for me personally anyways.

43 minutes ago, Ronson12 said:

well someone mentioned here on the forums global chat should be disabled which i agree with and would make it harder for people to team up and communicate with each other.global is pretty much used for allies and abusive people who talk some of the stupidest/sickest stuff i've heard in a game in all my years of gaming so IMO it wouldn't be a great loss purely for this game mode.all though eggs are used as currency in vanilla ark it would be much better to leave it in vanilla so we can have other varied modes instead of the same old same,for me personally anyways.

I use global chat so I can get the gamer tags of people that annoy/wipe me. I know a guy who knows another guy that knows another guy. Cages are a wonderful thing.

19 hours ago, MackTheKnife said:

I use global chat so I can get the gamer tags of people that annoy/wipe me. I know a guy who knows another guy that knows another guy. Cages are a wonderful thing.

Agreed, global chat is the best way to see who is who. If some jerk is mouthing off in chat, get his GT and make sure he pays for his indiscretions...

On 7/9/2018 at 12:37 PM, Ronson12 said:

Removing global chat just stacks the deck in the favor of the informal alliances, since none of the actual small tribes can learn about the political landscape of the server except by word of mouth. IE: You may never learn that X and Y tribe are right beside one another and raiding everyone except one another unless you have access to global. By contrast, an organized group of players are almost certainly communicating using VOIP or a 3rd party application- they absolutely do not need global to function.

If someone whines in global about being raided, and someone else comes to their defense, that is a completely insignificant breaking of the "no alliances" rule (if it can be called breaking it at all) than two or three tribes coordinating surreptitiously, effectively as a 12 or 18-man metatribe to control the server. In other words, servers with "multiple alphas".

In any case, there need to be greater clarification on what the rules mean- the spirit is clear, but I can't help but feel like some things are too gray. Our tribe is effectively 3 people, and if someone parks a couple rock golems and arthropleuras outside my base, and asks for our best fert eggs, am I supposed to say no because that's against the rules? It certainly doesn't feel like I'm breaking the spirit of the rules- just like how helping someone that's being attacked doesn't really break the spirit of the rules either- circumventing the 6-man limit.

In an environment where they want no alliances,  i think removing global chat would be a smart idea.   Let people attack others without worrying about it becoming the entire servers business in an instant.  

Along with that,  i wonder id they could put some sort of party chat block (on console anyway) so you had to use game chat.  Be fun to have to finally use those radios...... 

On 7/9/2018 at 11:31 AM, Bark said:

I'm not getting into the which is better ect ect  but one must remember to check some basic facts before you present a one sided opinion.

I've played Ark since day one on official PVE servers so Ark was never 'strictly PVP for the first months'  nor was a watered down version created for those of us that couldn't handle the full experience. 

On 7/9/2018 at 8:37 PM, Ronson12 said:

3 hours ago, Kennejm said:

In an environment where they want no alliances,  i think removing global chat would be a smart idea.   Let people attack others without worrying about it becoming the entire servers business in an instant.  

Along with that,  i wonder id they could put some sort of party chat block (on console anyway) so you had to use game chat.  Be fun to have to finally use those radios...... 

I am honestly tired of getting wiped by alpha tribeS (yes plural), as they are all in a massive orgie and bum lick each other if you kill their level 20 anky on the edge of the map come and foundation wipe you, it is an absurd.

Therefore global chat should be desabled, aswel as being able to see gamertag or steam account etc...

Also as mentioned it will give a new dynamic to the game 

DELETE GLOBAL CHAT AND BEING ABLE TO PICK UP FERT EGGS, IT IS AN ABSURD OF 3 TRIBES VERBALLY ALLIANCED AND B

WIPING EVERYONE

7 hours ago, Brutal69 said:

I am honestly tired of getting wiped by alpha tribeS (yes plural), as they are all in a massive orgie and bum lick each other if you kill their level 20 anky on the edge of the map come and foundation wipe you, it is an absurd.

Therefore global chat should be desabled, aswel as being able to see gamertag or steam account etc...

Also as mentioned it will give a new dynamic to the game 

DELETE GLOBAL CHAT AND BEING ABLE TO PICK UP FERT EGGS, IT IS AN ABSURD OF 3 TRIBES VERBALLY ALLIANCED AND B

WIPING EVERYONE

Global chat doesn't matter. They will just communicate via discord or steam.

I would really love for a live stream Q&A for the rules so that we can make some clear cut no wiggle room rules.

My tribe have arguments about the rules all the time due to them "Having wiggle room". Example of an argument we have had.

Sharing tame breeding lines between tribes

My tribe mates believe that trading breed lines is different to Sharing. I believe their is no difference, If you give someone your Trike Egg for their Theri egg that is still sharing. However like i said They believe that is trading and is perfectly acceptable and with in the rules hence why i used the wording wiggle room. Their reasoning behind this is that after you raid a server you have so many different tribes dinos that the enforcement team could never tell if someone was trading or not.

People have so many different interpretations of the rules that i am getting over having arguments with friends/ Seeing Youtube/Twitch videos of people finding wiggle room between the rules.

We need more clarification maybe getting some Youtube/Twitch players to do a life Q&A on Twitch in the survive the ark channel to clarify the rules spend 2 hours or so really making up these rules for the server Obviously if the dev team can spare the time to set these up.

Archived