Alpha manticore

ZeroSeconds

Did any of you who do the alpha manticore for boss fights noticed any changes lately? 

We've been using lightning wyverns for manticore (550-790 dmg) but in the past week we actually failed due to all the wyverns landing over and over again in stead of attacking. When they land they get stuck in the "land, fly, land, fly, land" motion. Yesterday we did beta manticore with our second boss squad (500-755 dmg) and they did the exact same thing. We did manage to finish the fight as we took some measures beforehand to be safe. 

We did find the problem but I was just curious if others had the same issue. 

Edit: We did 2x beta fight with 8 minutes and 6 minutes left in the boss fight, the boss fights before that we did alpha with 16 minutes left. its to big of a difference for it to be a "bad run", deviation shoudn't be more than 2 minutes at extreme. 

1 hour ago, Demerus said:

This has been happening since patch v279.275

- Improved Flyer AI so that they no longer do circles into the air when attacking each other

Yeah that was my suspicion too. Typical Wild Card update. Solve the problem of them flying circles by making them not fly at all. 

Where is the logic in that -.-'

Doesn't matter really I've only been coming online to refresh and feed every once in a while, I spend more time here on forum than in game lol

I stopped using wyverns for Manticore a long time ago. If I’m running Beta I’ll just use some half assed Rex’s (13.5k HP, 450 melee base) with a yuty and complete it in 8 minutes. As for Alpha I’ll either run my best line of Rex’s and bring a maxed shotty in case of landing problems or ill use battle argentativs as I find they have better flying AI against manticore than wyverns.

9 hours ago, TurtleRusher said:

I stopped using wyverns for Manticore a long time ago. If I’m running Beta I’ll just use some half assed Rex’s (13.5k HP, 450 melee base) with a yuty and complete it in 8 minutes. As for Alpha I’ll either run my best line of Rex’s and bring a maxed shotty in case of landing problems or ill use battle argentativs as I find they have better flying AI against manticore than wyverns.

Tapejara has a better AI vs manticore too. Problem with argies are is you can't do several runs in a row (I believe). For wyverns we (used to) do 3 alpha runs in a row without healing/forcefeeding or w/e. 

Problem with bringing in shotty is that we are at a maximum of 3 players and usually are solo or duo in manticore, so not enough dps with the shotgun to rely on that. 

Quite funny how first day flyers are better against boss than end game flyers..

What stats do u use for ur argies for alpha? I might give that a try soon too

1 hour ago, Weiss said:

We have the same problem... 

It's usually 3-4 out of 15 wyverns that get stuck in the animation. 

I vidded the whole fight where our wyverns died, its 6-9 that are constant stuck in the animation. I can't place the vid on forum yet because I was swearing quite a lot xD When I remove the audio and put some music or w/e as audio I'll post it.

After 8 mins fighting alpha the wyverns didn't even do 25% damage, whilst it should've been dead

6 hours ago, ZeroSeconds said:

Tapejara has a better AI vs manticore too. Problem with argies are is you can't do several runs in a row (I believe). For wyverns we (used to) do 3 alpha runs in a row without healing/forcefeeding or w/e. 

Problem with bringing in shotty is that we are at a maximum of 3 players and usually are solo or duo in manticore, so not enough dps with the shotgun to rely on that. 

Quite funny how first day flyers are better against boss than end game flyers..

What stats do u use for ur argies for alpha? I might give that a try soon too

Our base stats on the argys are roughly 4.2k hp, 1.5k stam and 455 dmg. The shotgun isn't for reliable dps btw, it's used to help the landing mechanic as dismounting from your dino seems to pull it's aggro at you while the weapon helps get a bit extra dmg whilst you wait.

Archived