My crops are not growing while offline. Is there a server setting for this?

I have already submitted a bug report for this, but I would like to hear your opinion on it:

I play on a dedicated server (Nitrado) with my friends. The map is Ragnarok and we use no mods.

I realized after some fairly extensive testing that my crops (Narcoberries, Mejos, Veggies) are not growing (up) or producing any berries/veggies while I am offline. The same would presumably be the case if I were to walk far enough away, although I have not tested that.

Has anyone else noticed this as of late?

I would greatly appreciate anyones feedback on this.

I have always relied on this aspect of farming because it means I can get some resources even though I don't always have time to play. Therefore I immediately noticed this change.

There is a small chance that it has always been this way and my memory is completely betraying me. This is why I am making this post in addition to submitting a bug report.

Thanks in advance to anyone who answers.

• Volunteer Moderator
9 hours ago, MajorNr01 said:

Ok? How does this belong in "Server Advertisements"?

We have no more support section since it is a dedicated server discussion its moved here so you can discuss it or it would be locked. But it doesnt belong in general discussion as it would be a bug or support item. If you wish We can lock it up to you or you can discuss it here. 

Merged it with a similar topic. 

If you feel something was moved in error please feel free to make a ticket and have it reviewed .

https://support.survivetheark.com/hc/en-us

18 hours ago, Captnmorgan said:

We have no more support section since it is a dedicated server discussion its moved here so you can discuss it or it would be locked. But it doesnt belong in general discussion as it would be a bug or support item. If you wish We can lock it up to you or you can discuss it here. 

Merged it with a similar topic. 

If you feel something was moved in error please feel free to make a ticket and have it reviewed .

https://support.survivetheark.com/hc/en-us

Alright. Thanks for the explanation.

2 hours ago, JDawg35 said:

Dedicated server here and I'm having the same issue. I thought it might be a mod issue but since you tested it without mods, that is obviously not the case. It's also not a map issue since someone posted that it's a problem on The Island as well. I hope this gets addressed, it's pretty frustrating and game breaking.

Thanks for your reply.

I don't mean to annoy the Devs but I want to make sure they know about this issue, so the more people talk about it the better.

8 hours ago, Firestorm672 said:

also having this issue as well on my server, I did notice that some of my plants are growing when I am online, but no berry or advance crop growth when offline, this needs to be looked at, also on rag, no mods, on a private server as well. this seemed to occur as soon as the newest update came out 

1 hour ago, BDHamp said:

On my server, they stop they stop growing both when offline and when out of render distance.   This start happening after the 280.132 update.

I have only started playing again after the 280.130 update, so I don't know when it started occuring. If the issue was introduced in the latest update, as you guys say, then hopefully the Devs are already aware of it and it's going to be fixed as soon as they manage.

Two player on my server said about this problem also with their Plant X's. I thought it just the same bug that comes sometimes with breeding, when babies are just not growing even they consume food as much as they would have when they're growing normally. I dunno if we have this problem with crops now since I have "accidentally" wipe on my server so we started from the start. Didn't know this was a larger problem.

• 7 months later...

I would like to apologise first and foremost about thread necromancy however it appears this issue is not fixed. 

For about 2 weeks now I have noticed my crops not growing unless I am online within render range. 

I have 13x plant Y seeds in a Greenhouse with 300% efficiency for feeding to the dust Gacha. 
We have a stack mod that causes the plant Y traps to stack to 500, and the S+ mod with the gardener to collect the traps. 

I go inactive for a couple days because life happens and come online to find the only traps that have spawns is that which has had enough time to grow between the time it takes me to leave my sleeping pod and get to the gardener (13 traps). 

I go to my other greenhouse full of advanced crops and berries and likewise, they do not grow unless you are in render range. 

Archived