5 minutes to enter tek cave.

FoolishF0X97

Am I the only one who thinks the timer to move all your Dino's into the tek cave is just ridiculous? We did the tek cave last night with 2 other allies ... we have roughly 30 Dino's all together ... it just went downhill from there. We were getting stuck on each other Dino's, there were Rex's swimming around in the lava because there wasn't enough space and when the panic set it with only 2 minutes left we were whistling Dino's in aswell ... 10 people loading in and out of that cave plus lots of Dino's made the whole server crash! As a result we got 5-10 minute roll back which unfortunately wasn't long enough as we spawned back in dead and all our stuff and Dino's were still in the cave ... we have no Dino's dead in the log and are yet to check the volcano again after the failure we called a boss fight xD but it could have all been avoided if there was atleast 10 minutes to prepare and move everything into the cave ... we managed to get 17 out of 30 Dino's in ... what if we had wanted to bring the full 50? 

I do agree the staging area is a bit of a nightmare. Although, trust me, you don't need that many dinos especially if you use rexes or theris.

Funny thing, one of our runs my daeodon got snagged on a rock and was left behind in the museum area before the boss. Strangely enough, it didn't die, and when we did the cave again it was still there, alive and well :D So I hope the same happened to your dinos and that they are safe in the entrance.

1 hour ago, GGSDubSt3pz said:

technically you dont need a single dino to beat the tek cave. We did it with 3 players minimum on foot and max 8 players. 2 players might work too but time could be your enemy then.

But... why? How do you deal with the gigas and high level dinos in the cave? I know you can sneak by but with that amount of people and the purlovias its pretty hit or miss. Way easier with dinos.

13 hours ago, Wazzamaniac said:

But... why? How do you deal with the gigas and high level dinos in the cave? I know you can sneak by but with that amount of people and the purlovias its pretty hit or miss. Way easier with dinos.

We use a parachute/glider combo to fly through. Fastest i did to terminal was in under 2min.

12 minutes ago, GGSDubSt3pz said:

We use a parachute/glider combo to fly through. Fastest i did to terminal was in under 2min.

Ok, but you still have a boss to do.

Not to mention, the parachute strategy can royally screw up on laggy servers. When there is a server stall you lose all lift and plummet into the lava like a rock. On legacy we were losing people every time we attempted it.

I personally don't see the point of not bringing a dino.

6 minutes ago, Wazzamaniac said:

Not to mention, the parachute strategy can royally screw up on laggy servers. When there is a server stall you lose all lift and plummet into the lava like a rock. On legacy we were losing people every time we attempted it.

yea, lag can screw it up, but we usually only do it at non prime times, so there are less players online. The boss is easy too with a jetpack hovering above it.

in the end its a personal Preference. Some use rex, some, theri, others both and what not. We just use a glider, jetpack and shotgun. And we are mostly faster than the dino strategy. With 8 players we beat the overseer with 40min left on timer. But it is way riskier than dinos.

Just now, GGSDubSt3pz said:

yea, lag can screw it up, but we usually only do it at non prime times, so there are less players online. The boss is easy too with a jetpack hovering above it.

in the end its a personal Preference. Some use rex, some, theri, others both and what not. We just use a glider, jetpack and shotgun. And we are mostly faster than the dino strategy. With 8 players we beat the overseer with 40min left on timer. But it is way riskier than dinos.

I guess it's kinda cool if you give yourself a challenge!

Too bad element if lost upon ascension. Kinda wish they would let you keep what you loot off the drones as an added reward for those who ascended already.

5 minutes ago, Wazzamaniac said:

I guess it's kinda cool if you give yourself a challenge!

Too bad element if lost upon ascension. Kinda wish they would let you keep what you loot off the drones as an added reward for those who ascended already.

i agree, would give that cave more replay value. As of now, you do it once and dont need it again, unless you do it with several characters or help out other tribes.

4 hours ago, Vaculity said:

The extras are possibly just for backups if they lose their main dino.

1 per person with maybe 2 daeodons on follow on the yuti (I've never found them useful, just raw meat healing in front of boss arena was always enough with how much time you have to spare)... That should be more than enough. Just make a line and enter one by one. 

12 hours ago, Wazzamaniac said:

Especially if the server saves. I mean, on my server, I have the save file saving at 5 GB/s, and yet everything still freezes for a total 3 seconds. Best the host can do is set the save to something longer, but eventually it will happen.

And yeah 3 seconds, because there are a few alpha tribes on my server cluster, and they like parking their army on The Island server.

5 hours ago, Paroxyde said:

1 per person with maybe 2 daeodons on follow on the yuti (I've never found them useful, just raw meat healing in front of boss arena was always enough with how much time you have to spare)... That should be more than enough. Just make a line and enter one by one. 

Someone I know tried this method before. The entire crew got obliterated while en route to the Overseer portal (No idea which part of cave though, I assume its Giga and they borked the lure).

3 minutes ago, Vaculity said:

Someone I know tried this method before. The entire crew got obliterated while en route to the Overseer portal (No idea which part of cave though, I assume its Giga and they borked the lure).

Giga is actually the easiest part. It gets chew through in less than 60s. While it has impressive level, its hp and damage are both capped and thus much weaker than what its level implies. 

The main problem lies in allosaur bleed. Which are priority targets. 

4 hours ago, Paroxyde said:

Giga is actually the easiest part. It gets chew through in less than 60s. While it has impressive level, its hp and damage are both capped and thus much weaker than what its level implies. 

The main problem lies in allosaur bleed. Which are priority targets. 

From my experience the giga actually gets a two digit level instead of the lv 620 or so other dinos get

Archived