Getting the DLCs

jarms2018

In my case it wasn't worth it. Scorched Earth is ok but Aberration was a total bust for me. I'd only recommend them for the story/explorer notes or getting new creatures/items to The Island or the free Maps Ragnarok/The Center. There are too many restrictions and forced "waiting games" on these maps like earth quakes, sandstorms, superheat on the surface of Aberration during daytime, etc.

2 minutes ago, DomiDarko said:

In my case it wasn't worth it. Scorched Earth is ok but Aberration was a total bust for me. I'd only recommend them for the story/explorer notes or getting new creatures/items to The Island or the free Maps Ragnarok/The Center. There are too many restrictions and forced "waiting games" on these maps like earth quakes, sandstorms, superheat on the surface of Aberration during daytime, etc.

anything else you don't like about the DLCs

Ive been playing Ark from the start, when it was only based on The Island. I loved Scorched Earth when it came out because it incoprated Wyverns, Golems, Mantis, etc. also ofc a new map. It was a great new sensation and challenge. Today, having the chance, I would try my luck (against tame cap) on Ragnarok for a Wyvern or Golem, but, that said, I still really like Scorched Earth as a map. 

Aberation, when released last year was that fresh sensation again. I still play mostly on Aberation even today. The unique dinos and environments really give the game a varied touch, like I felt Scorched Earth did. Aberation dinos are still exclusive to that map and I feel that keeps its uniqueness.

I would say, if you like what Ark has offered you so far, give the devs a bit of gratitude and purchase their dlcs/seassons pass.

I personaly, already owned Scoreched Earth when I bought the season spass for Aberation and I dont regret doing so.

Its all in favour of new content for the future, even past Extinction.

Just my humble opinion ;)

Playing ark for 3 years, When SE came 1st time, I liked it very much, but later SE looses charm to me. After Ragnarok, I stopped visiting SE,  Ragnarok has everything what you find in SE. 2nd DLC, I found Aberration is very gloomy, sad and give me negative feeling. I really don't like theme of Aberration and sadly I found only one Aberration creature is usefull, that is Reaper  [PvP] rest are not worth or available in other map too. 

10 hours ago, jarms2018 said:

Just wondering if it is worth getting the DLCs or the season pass to play aberration, Scorched earth and Extinction.

Scorched Earth is in my opinion the best looking map in Ark, but you can get all its content short of the map for free with Ragnarok.  Aberration is interesting if you are looking for a change up and increased difficulty, but it gets old real fast. None of the DLC maps have anywhere near the content, caves, or bosses as the island so there isn’t much variance there.

DLC does help you have an easier time on the island. back when there wasn't scorched earth we had no free electricity in the form of wind turbine, no way of getting the dragon boss with rockets unless he lands, giga was a big problem since there wasn't any direct counter against it, titan is really difficult to kill on foot

right now with abb its easier to light up your base without running 10 genny, rock climbing in ice cave is a thing, zip line across dangerous ravine is a thing

I personlly enjoy all the maps SE introduced a few new creatures but it does fall flat after so long bc I played single player til I learned all there is to know about it. Then Ragnarok came out and SE was left behind even though I still play it for the skins. The Center is awesome has a few challenges I can enjoy still like artifact hunting there and the higher leveled dinos. Abb is my favorite paid DLC bc no flyers meaning you are on foot all the time but they give you climbing picks, glider suits, ziplines,and zipline motors. New ways to build or depending where you build you can expand your base with cliffplatforms. Personly make dino storage out of them on PVE but on PVP we made turret towers from them. The new creatures Ravagers are a great mount bc they can use ziplines to travel with you. Rol Rats are good at carrying 6 ppl and gathers fungal wood and wood and when saddled you can roll through rocks, trees, and metal nodes. All the glow pets are adorable and you can put helmets on them. There are bulbdogs, glowtails. shinehorns. and featherlights, and kinda sorta the lamprey. Rock Drakes harder to get but great when you have them you can go invisible climball over the place and jump and glide great on all the maps. The Karkinos my favorite tame bc I can carry 2 dinos one in each claw. The Basilisk takes rock drake eggs to tame just like titanaboas they have high weight. I love using them to transport base materials to different places. Then there is the Reaper trivial to get but a lot of fun to have and use in PVP. Hope this helps.

Archived