So I have been a fan of Ark mobile for a while now, and with the singleplayer gameplay, there are a few annoyances that occur, some of them regarding death, and a few regarding respawning with a beacon.  Now, I do understand that the game is still relatively new to mobile, so I get that things are not fully up to par with the other devices/platforms.  That being said, there is one thing that annoys me above all else currently.

it is not so much the aspect OF having died, but rather when one gets back to their corpse after having died.  There are some things that I am more than annoyed with, and other times am glad to have occured, but most of the time, it doesn’t ever stay there.  What I am talking about in particular is when you die and have a Creature implant on you, or at times an Artifact, the moment you get back to your body after respawning, the creature (any green ones) implants disappear.  And it isn’t always gone either.  Very rarely they actually stay, but what causes it is unknown to me.

The regards to artifacts and dying, I can understand having to repeat a cave, but just like the creature implant issue, they sometimes stay, but rarely.  Almost always they disappear from the inventory.  

Now, I have noticed that death has two ways of leaving your body.  One is just as a sleeping replica of you/your last survivor.  The other is just a item cache, similar as if you fast travelled/but hered a corpse.  Again, this is random on when it occurs.  There is no real consistency to any of these being one way or the other.

Now, something that REALLY irritates me, asides from the creature implant loss on death of your character, is that when you ENTER a cave, and have spawned with a respawn beacon active, the directional arrow, similar to the note pointer on the upper left, disappears.  I have two theories as to what causes this.  One is the fact that upon entering a cave, the pursuit involving the artifact starts, and you cannot abandon it.   This theory is void as long as you took the artifact to one of the three arks and put it in the tribute terminal.  The OTHER theory is that it is something with the way the game is coded, so you lose any arrows/directional compass indicators upon entering a cave.  This doubles for pursuits.  The way the respawn beacon marker (arrow) is used, it follows the same access that a pursuit does.  So either it’s due to the pursuit of the artifact FOR the cave, or it is treating the respawn beacon arrow as a pursuit arrow, and erasing it upon entering a cave.

Now while on the topic of caves and singleplayer, I want to also bring to attention that any pursuit progress PRIOR to entering a cave, is immediately nulled.  So you have to start from square one.  This also holds true for dying.  It resets that entire pursuit, unless it is a note pursuit.  But simply dying for any other pursuit, even if it was as simple as a hunt pursuit or a building pursuit, the progress currently earned is set to 0 upon death, so you have to do it ALL over again.

One of the best examples for the pursuit reset on death, is the Mammoth hunting pursuit, Rofflingac (Might have misspelt).  Your tasked to kill 10 Mammoths, and they hurt.. a LOT, even with 50-60% damage reduction due to armor.  But if one has killed 8/10 and then dies to either wolves, a sabertooth, or another mammoth, you have to restart the pursuit to retrigger it as active, and it then puts your hunt total to 0/10.  This is extremely frustrating when each Mammoth has at least 800+ hp, and takes 3 shotgun shots (if using the NON-PUMP and primitives are all you have), which the reload is a long process.  And considering shooting or hitting a mammoth triggers all other mammoths in proximity, you almost always will have a bad time.

I did state, and will state again, that I understand the game was recently added to mobile, but there are some quality of life changes or consistency changes that could be altered.

I am unsure how long a item cache for a players body lasts on singleplayer after death.  I know it is at least 15 minutes, but not anywhere near 45 minutes.  If one has an artifact and dies, simply changing the artifact so it stays in the item cache of your dead corpse until about 50% of the decompose time passes, would be a nice change.  I should mention that ANY and ALL of the Orange (Players) Implants, stay there upon death, even if carrying multiples of any one persons implant.  So only the creature ones disappear, but none of the player ones.  This is frustrating in of itself.  I could understand the implant being lost if the creature/dino corpse was eaten, but that usually is not the case when you have a creature/dino implant in your inventory.  If your body decomposed/was eaten, I can understand losing any dino implants, but the other implants and items stay, making it hard to believe that the body was eaten.

These are frustrations and inconsistencies and minor gripes I have with the game in singleplayer.  But there are things that are extremely detrimental when dying in a cave, dying in general, or upon entering a cave at all.

Archived