Why are Spinos so bad?

Pekka

On 7/8/2018 at 4:21 PM, RipRavage said:

Be careful if you try anything higher than gamma since the Spinos have less attack when not ridden.  They switch between quadrupedal and bipedal stance as they fight lowering damage output.

Been a while ✌?Recently kicked beta monkeys butt with 16 spinos, 2 Rex and 1 yuty ... all spinos averaged 20k hp and 500-550 Melee damage  . Intact they hardly took any damage ... maybe losing 4-8k hp on none ridden ... and the rex surprising lost a very large amount of hp considering the monkey really doesn't do a large amount of damage ... I would of had a full boss team of spinos enter (19 spinos 1yuty) but unfortunately I could only fit 16 around the terminal ? Probably get 19 in if it wasn't for our red ob being surrounded by other people's boss teams ? HAPPY ? I think alpha is a possibility... gamma brood is definitely a possibility... not sure about beta ... probably at a push but definitely not alpha brood nor any dragons haha ... GO SPINOS !!!!

On 7/8/2018 at 1:08 AM, FlashBeat said:

Yo! Pekka

Flash here :) I believe you are highly underestimating Spinos! My Spino Lyro is an absolute beast and i don't think there is anything on Aberration that he cannot handle! For stats here they are! He has 35k total Experience so far!

Saddle Armor: 124

Health: 10,183.3

Stamina: 1050

Oxygen: 3380

Food: 12153.8

Weight: 680.4

Melee Damage: 803.3%

Movement Speed: 120%

Torpidity: 15586.1

The Spino is a pretty versatile Dino and is a great solo player mount to have. It is fast on land and even faster in the water. With's it's quad stance it has a higher attack speed but once the spino go bipedal it's damage out put vastly improves! Also the extra movement speed in water and damage boot are pretty nice! With a 100% imprint a great saddle and a mate boost, i am not sure their are many things in PVE that can rival them besides Gigas and Titans.

(>^.^)> Flash <(^.^<) 
Tribe: Glowboys 
Servers: NA-PVE-OfficialtheIsland 342, NA-PVE-ScorchedEarth 370, NA-PVE-Ragnarok 81, NA-PVE-Aberration 277

What are base stats? I love spinos and play ark mainly to breed them!!! I'm on crossplay with my current base hp, Stam and melee being 

HP 6700

STAM 1950

MELEE 361

My newest breed is full blue body, belly, spine mutations, XP Roughtly around 20-30k, HP 22,000, MELEE 550, this is by far my best so far as it has a lot of levels to go!! I absolutely love them .. it's quite sad really ... being so attatched to pixels ? I'd honestly cry if I lost them ❤️ my collection stands at around 40-50 spinos ??

More dangerous?  I'm tired of that nonsense being spouted everywhere.  Spinos may have been longer, but they weighed significantly less than tyrannosaurus.  A large Spinosaur would've capped out at 6-7 tons, while a large tyrannosaurus would be 9 tons easily, with individuals over 10 tons being likely to have existed.  They did not have nearly the muscle mass a tyrannosaur would have, nor the bite pressure.  Tyrannosaurs have heavy reinforced jawbones and their rostrum is fused, where as in other dinosaurs the rostrum is separated into 2 separate plates.  it also has gigantic muscle attachment points and scars, hinting that its bones could not only withstand more pressure, but its jaw muscles could provide such pressure.  Ontop of this, it's just more muscular overall and has thicker bones than most other large theropods proportionally.  Spinosaurus ate fish.

that being said, spinos in game are just fine.  Their hp is pretty mediocre, especially since annoyingly, some smaller creatures like thylas easily match or pass them, but they're evasion tanks.  The insane dps and knockback means you'll very rarely get hit by anything other than a boss or giga. They're not particularly easy to tame either.  If they're in a river you need quite a fast dino to chase them once they start running, and their torper loss is so fast that a moment of missing shots could reset a lot of progress.  They also chew through narcotics like paper when down.  Low levels of anything are easy to tame, a level 20 on a low level base means nothing.  As soon as I get a bow and tranqs I could tame a 150 rex if I wanted.

Spinos are one of my favorite tames and a pretty hard one to tame , I can do 3 rexes a night and only one spino cause rexes are slow and are generally in the open or in cliffs they can easily be duped and dont normally need to be trapped, spinos are quick and when they run away they go straight for the river making them difficult to tame out in the open a trap is almost essential for them (much like a yuty) and the knockback has a ridiculous range before you know it your flying off your mount and your chest piece is broken 

And once tamed are amazing , yes the rex has more brute force and kinda essential for bosses but in every day ark spinos are where it's at plus they're beautiful and walk like a dog lmao

• 2 weeks later...

Archived