The Elephant in the room

Hopesthief

I have no doubt that everyone is over this topic, I would put money down that it comes up again and again and again. . .

What is being done (if anything) about the crippling lag issues? 

Pre-full release, way back when in the dark days. . . there was some lag, and just before full release came out it got  worse, so much worse myself and a large number of people walked away from ARK  a game we had all invested thousands of hour building, breeding, raiding and every ones favourite past time. . . farming. 

But, this is no longer PRE-release, this is a "fully developed" game (one would have to assume that otherwise it shouldn't have left beta) and now the problems of Lag and even server capping(??)

If this was a free to play game - so be it, you get what you pay for in life, but ARK does not fall under a free game. Thousands of people have PAID for the right/privilege to play this game and enjoy it for what it was supposed to be a grind, but it's lost that appeal. This is longer a grind, because a grind has a light at the end of the tunnel, at the end of this tunnel. . . is lag, server disconnections, pillar bombing and server capping.     

For the next DLC trailer realised to try and obscure the still prevalent  issues  I personally would love to see an honest disclaimer at the end, "Better buy this DLC now so you can actually get the creatures and have the game-play advertised here"  

This is Wildcard Studios. The "Studio" that was so abhorrently against fixing their own game that they had some other random company in China make a spinoff of it. Wildcard will never EVER fix their game. They will forever ignore and deny all the performance issues and continue to spit out incomplete expansions that get more and more unrefined. That's Wildcard.

Guest DJRone89

Many of the performance issues lie with their chosen server provider, Nitrado. Upgrading hardware costs money and since you play on their servers for free, they can’t afford it. Buying the game or paid DLC does not pay for ongoing server costs, why do you think Wildcard need to repurpose old legacy servers instead of just buying new one’s.

Now, from the complaints I’ve heard from Nitrado in general, Wildcard would be better off going with someone else, but are there any server providers that could improve server performance (in this case the lag) or is Wildcard’s best choice of action to create and optimise their own servers?

I play on Centre, The Island, Scorched Earth, Aberration and Ragnarok. They ALL lag and roll back a few seconds at every Server Save. It's normal now.. You can't single out Rag when it actually happens worse on Aberration. Taking back-end infrastructure in to consideration, it would actually depend on each servers make-up for it to be less or more of an issue on said server. If they are using AWS (Kappa) then the plan that they're on would be elastic... meaning the infrastructure grows with requirement. Legacy infrastructure was better imho.

3 hours ago, DJRone89 said:

Many of the performance issues lie with their chosen server provider, Nitrado. Upgrading hardware costs money and since you play on their servers for free, they can’t afford it. Buying the game or paid DLC does not pay for ongoing server costs, why do you think Wildcard need to repurpose old legacy servers instead of just buying new one’s.

Now, from the complaints I’ve heard from Nitrado in general, Wildcard would be better off going with someone else, but are there any server providers that could improve server performance (in this case the lag) or is Wildcard’s best choice of action to create and optimise their own servers?

So the performance issues may be a result of Nitrado, but WildCard have employed them to provide a service on their behalf.

WC would be paying a contract to ensure the safety and performance of the servers. 

The servers aren't free. you pay for the game, there for you have paid for the right to use the servers at will.

Its great to try and shift blame to the service provider but the fact still stands people pay wildcard to play the game so the responsibility falls to them to provide a game that is actually playable.  

Yeah it's a joke. I hate to say it to you but... Ark will never be "fixed". This game was built upon too many flaws. The game is a mess. You'd have a better chance of them creating a new game (Ark 2) on a new engine and reworking all the issues Ark has, such as the massive lag, undermeshing etc. But yeah, even if they did make an Ark 2... I am sceptical that they will learn from the mistakes of their first game.

Archived