?Best starting tame when you begin?!?

Brutal69

horse if you are on Ragnarok. Since you can tame it lv 1 

Horse for berry/stone less weight/Portable pestle and move fast

2 hours ago, Melcreif said:

Dodo's then a trike. Once I have my first trike getting narcotics is so much easier...

Trike is actually not suppose to be a early tame since it for tanking turret and its very slow. I actually think that Parasaur are really good now since the update. Having a parasaur inside your base on turret mode to detect player on a hostile server is very good. 

Am actually not sure if you should go berry farmer to carnivore or berry farmer to flyer. Depend what you want to do.  Argy def can be use as a carnivore now with the way they heal after kill. 

One time on official rag i tame a Giga lv 140 at lv 40 i only ad a horse and a couple of ptera. Trapped him used 4 crossbow with about 600 tranq arrow. This giga really helped me and other tribe respected me for my initiative. But they could have seen this as a treat. 

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've figured that the easiest and most adequate way to start on official is to follow the natural tamming tree.

1 - I would tame a parasaur, super quick and amazing for early game narcotics 

2 - raptor / carno for prime meat gathering made easier, especially on small tribes which is 3x harvesting makes other tames so much faster

3 - tame a ptrenadon just for basic travel and early game pvp

4 - argie, super easy with crossbow and now portable smithy becomes very useful in raids

And that is how you should tame your fiest dinos in order, in my opinnion.

On 7/5/2018 at 3:05 AM, Ronson12 said:

Make club, hit level 20 iguanadon until sleepy time, feed 50 mejo,name it, then 6 minutes later you have 1200 narc berries...

dont need majos, you can put any berries, taming time is almost the same but it will gain less levels and since its low level tame you dont care about levels

well iguanodon is best start tame on any servers. unlimited stamina when run on all four, even low level animals can carry nice weight, collect berries and super easy to tame. but to be honest, on small tribes servers, i would even skip iguano and go for argentavis since you can tame up to level 85 without any narcos on raw meat (3x taming rates)

On 7/5/2018 at 4:45 AM, invincibleqc said:

What does the game mode have to do with how the taming mechanic works? In my book, if you are camping a tame, you are doing it wrong and wasting your time no matter the game mode. His concern was that you need to camp it otherwise it will wake up; which is technically not the case. Now saying that someone will mess with it if you are not around, could also be an argument on PvE saying that someone might just kite something to your tame to mess its effectiveness or get it killed. Unless it is an insane pre-stat that you absolutely want to roll, camping any tame is simply a waste of time in my opinion.

it has a lot. people on small tribe servers are one of most toxic people i ever seen. they will try to do what ever they can to mess with your tame if you dont protect it

On 7/5/2018 at 5:12 AM, ForzaProiettile said:

Pretty much. If I can't bring it back to base I will build spiked walls around it and even then I won't leave it for then 5 minutes because I know what happens in PVP. I do it myself I will run around and if I see someone taming something even if I am naked I will make a determined effort to disrupt or kill it be it with a spear or bow or stealing its kibbe/narcotics. Even if I see the tamer standing next to it in flak armor and armed I'll make a run at it and most of the time I'll succeed in doing enough damage to make it worthless even if I don't kill it.

people with right mindset would help them tame and become friends

4 hours ago, OttoGrunf said:

pvp doesnt mean "let me be as***le to everybody", that means you can resolve conflicts with violence if needed. good server community can help everybody is safe from crossark raiders and griefers

Violence and lots of violence on a regular basis is the bread and butter of PVP servers. Anything less is not a real PVP server. Your community nonsense is what existed prior to the introduction of Small Tribe servers - entire PVP servers where no one ever attacked anyone. PVP servers in name only.

There is a reason why those safe zone servers are very much dead and why Small Tribe servers are flourishing. It is because people are sick of this peace loving community crap and hand holding they want action and blood and lots of it.

The player base of ARK have wanted true PVP for quite some time and finally the floodgates have been opened. There can be no going back.

On 7/4/2018 at 6:20 PM, Brutal69 said:

I am starting fresh on small tribe servers and I was wondering what is your guys oppinion on a starting mount that is versitile and able to hold its own weight?!

1)Ptrenadons - are amazing when bred but little weight and stam become very tiedious to use

2)Argies - are super useful especially with the smithy saddle however slow and difficult to store and stay under the radar

3)Iguanadons - not so popular to find however no stam and can put up a fight

4)Dire bears - amazing stats can hold its weigjt but very hard for an early tame

Whats your suggestions!? Let me know your oppinions

Brutal69

Baryonyx, Baryonyx, and Baryonyx.  If you can find a leeds to get prime fish meat easily you should pick up a Baryonyx as fast as possible.  Best cave runner since it fits in most of them, has no oxygen stat, and all the same stats as a carno.  The water stun is super useful too.

On 7/6/2018 at 3:08 PM, Carcajou said:

horse if you are on Ragnarok. Since you can tame it lv 1 

Horse for berry/stone less weight/Portable pestle and move fast

Trike is actually not suppose to be a early tame since it for tanking turret and its very slow. I actually think that Parasaur are really good now since the update. Having a parasaur inside your base on turret mode to detect player on a hostile server is very good. 

Am actually not sure if you should go berry farmer to carnivore or berry farmer to flyer. Depend what you want to do.  Argy def can be use as a carnivore now with the way they heal after kill. 

One time on official rag i tame a Giga lv 140 at lv 40 i only ad a horse and a couple of ptera. Trapped him used 4 crossbow with about 600 tranq arrow. This giga really helped me and other tribe respected me for my initiative. But they could have seen this as a treat. 

I have to disagree, Trike saddle is only level 16 and like you said they are very tanky and can defend themselves quite well.  I understand a Parasaur is a quick tame but I find getting berries with them quite frustrating with thier seriously narrow AOE.  So for me start with dodo's so when I get to level 38 I can quickly tame my first pteri and make a saddle for it and then immediately go after a low level trike.  You can hit level 16 just making cloth hats afterall and then when you are making narcotics in large qty's you can level up to 38 in no time. Once I have my first pteri I'll build a taming boat and go after an argy.  Sadly though the argy can now follow your pteri through an open ceiling so trapping them isn't quite as easy as they used to be.  So best option is trap them in the boat, hop out and knock out the argy before it kills your pteri LOL.

First early game tame?   

- Whatever you run into honestly.   It almost doesn't matter for early game.  Any berry dino will be a better berry gatherer than what you have.  

- Anky is great. Easy to tame. Easy to find.  Farms everything. Can defend itself from PvE dinos.     Usually in PvP,  a passive Anky in a noob base isn't going to be targeted unless it's in the way or you're getting wiped. And if you're getting wiped then you're getting wiped and it doesn't matter what it you have.      If the sole goal is to raid, you'll get broken into but typically won't kill a passive farmer dino.  That's just a sausage move and isn't worth the effort.  Park it out of the way in a 'protected enough' spot and it'll be fine.    Of course, PvP with 12 year olds is basically all about the e-peen anyway. 

My first was a Parasaur and a Raptor.   Other people go for Trikes and Stegos.  Again it doesn't really matter. 

-K

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/9/2018 at 7:03 AM, ForzaProiettile said:

Violence and lots of violence on a regular basis is the bread and butter of PVP servers. Anything less is not a real PVP server. Your community nonsense is what existed prior to the introduction of Small Tribe servers - entire PVP servers where no one ever attacked anyone. PVP servers in name only.

There is a reason why those safe zone servers are very much dead and why Small Tribe servers are flourishing. It is because people are sick of this peace loving community crap and hand holding they want action and blood and lots of it.

The player base of ARK have wanted true PVP for quite some time and finally the floodgates have been opened. There can be no going back.

insane amount of violence is not what most people like. precrossark servers where you could have nice community and fight intruders is. small tribes servers are flourishing because most people want to play with friends rather that they have to team up in megatribes with strangers so they can survive. ark is not designed as true pvp game and will never be one as people that can invest more time in ark will always defeat people that can play for few hours every week

On Wednesday, July 04, 2018 at 5:20 PM, Brutal69 said:

I am starting fresh on small tribe servers and I was wondering what is your guys oppinion on a starting mount that is versitile and able to hold its own weight?!

1)Ptrenadons - are amazing when bred but little weight and stam become very tiedious to use

2)Argies - are super useful especially with the smithy saddle however slow and difficult to store and stay under the radar

3)Iguanadons - not so popular to find however no stam and can put up a fight

4)Dire bears - amazing stats can hold its weigjt but very hard for an early tame

Whats your suggestions!? Let me know your oppinions

Brutal69

A raft.

:)

23 hours ago, OttoGrunf said:

insane amount of violence is not what most people like. precrossark servers where you could have nice community and fight intruders is. small tribes servers are flourishing because most people want to play with friends rather that they have to team up in megatribes with strangers so they can survive. ark is not designed as true pvp game and will never be one as people that can invest more time in ark will always defeat people that can play for few hours every week

ARK was originally designed as a survival PVP game that was the developers vision for the game. PVE didn't even exist as a mode until months after the first release.

The reason small servers are flourishing is because of the action. People get bored sitting around in their giant base full of dinos unable to attack other tribes because of some alliance nonsense. With small tribes there is no reason to be polite, everyone is the enemy and people love that. PVP players by nature have a blood lust and the developers have given them what they seek.

3 hours ago, ForzaProiettile said:

ARK was originally designed as a survival PVP game that was the developers vision for the game. PVE didn't even exist as a mode until months after the first release.

The reason small servers are flourishing is because of the action. People get bored sitting around in their giant base full of dinos unable to attack other tribes because of some alliance nonsense. With small tribes there is no reason to be polite, everyone is the enemy and people love that. PVP players by nature have a blood lust and the developers have given them what they seek.

While I agree with most things you post on this forum I disagree with you on this one. 

IMO its not just any one thing that makes small tribe servers such a success. It has something for everyone. For Pvpers yes lots of action. For builders it has 3x harvesting, for those who hate megas it has small tribe rules, for those who want to breed / tame it has predictable rates that make sense. It is the perfect solution for the perfect storm of dissatisfaction that has been brewing over the normal official network.

To the OP:

I have more of a reactionary build / tame order that has evolved over a long time of living on hostile servers. And it works... very good.

1. Build several rafts. Make one a factory raft with all your crafting stations and push it into some terrain. Make a few fetch boats to which you will sail around gathering stuff and bring back to your factory boat. Then build a taming boat. Over time you will lose a raft or two to raiders but they will gain nothing and its easy to keep up with their attacks.

2. Tame Purlovia(s) with your taming boat. Once you are at this point you really can't be wiped. Whatever happens as long as you keep duplicate structures and all your precious mats on your purlovias you can always come back.

3. Tame an Argie

4. Tame an Anklyo

5. Harvest mats store prefabbed structures on purlovias (and turrets / ammo)

6. Plop down a metal base. My favorite is to use metal tree bases. If made right they are so insanely hard to raid / wipe. If made wrong they are very easy so learn how to first.

7. Build your argie breeding lines.

8. Tame Pachys

9 Tame Pacers.

When raiders come drain the turrets of their fobs and believe me when I say a herd of high level Pacers can win fights against rexs reapers theris. Use your agrie swarm to gib quetz attacks and laugh at titan/gigas as they can't reach your tree base. Use lots of metal traps to prevent stego drops. 

It works. Try it.

Archived