Snaky

Guest DJRone89
2 hours ago, Paroxyde said:

#MakeScientificAccuracyAThingInGames

#DinosShouldTakeYearsToMature

#ArkIsRealLife

Please, not the realism argument.

#AllServersToBecomeNoTame

You can’t expect the damage to structures to be more life like but turn a blind eye to riding around on a giant millipede. I still love the whole “adding Wyverns made the game unrealistic” argument - but taming a Rex is perfectly acceptable lol

1 hour ago, DJRone89 said:

You can’t expect the damage to structures to be more life like but turn a blind eye to riding around on a giant millipede. I still love the whole “adding Wyverns made the game unrealistic” argument - but taming a Rex is perfectly acceptable lol

The main argument against Wyverns and other nonsense like Rock Elementals is that they don't or belong in a game about Dinosaurs. 

Get some Megatheriums. They do so LOVE them some crunchy Arthroplueras. Mmmm. Mmmm. Add some acid for extra spiciness. Claw licking good.

Megatheriums are immune to the acid damage of Arthroplueras, get a damage bonus against bugs, and when they kill a bug, they get a massive damage and resistance buff where they go Hulk mode. Name it "Orson the Bug Slayer".

1 minute ago, Daedros said:

Get some Megatheriums. They do so LOVE them some crunchy Arthroplueras. Mmmm. Mmmm. Add some acid for extra spiciness. Claw licking good.

Megatheriums are immune to the acid damage of Arthroplueras, and when they kill a bug, they get a massive damage and resistance buff.

They are great in the swamp cave, that's their real niche role.

Guest DJRone89
2 hours ago, ForzaProiettile said:

The main argument against Wyverns and other nonsense like Rock Elementals is that they don't or belong in a game about Dinosaurs. 

The sea creatures aren’t dinosaurs either, they don’t belong either, right?

5 hours ago, ForzaProiettile said:

Now come on Forza, I know you are well aware this game has never been strictly about dinosaurs.  The dragon was a thing ever since its earliest concept art and trailers. ?

10 hours ago, Paroxyde said:

Well, unless the stone is made of chalk, it should be more acid resistant than untreated iron as I assume what metal is from the rust spots on all metal buildings. So damage should be Thatch>Wood>Metal>Stone>Tek.

As far as strictly acid damage goes I agree.  I think for building (or for armor) that "metal" equates to steel... just not "stainless steel".  Thus the spotty corrosion on an otherwise somewhat shiny surface. 

On 7/5/2018 at 11:14 AM, ForzaProiettile said:

Then take out the lore then. Take out the main reason "ARK" existed. Take out the non-existing world and replace "Island" with something more realistic about dinosaur. Take out the mammals that don't belong to the ice age.

This isn't just "a game about dinosaur" anymore.

1 minute ago, Vaculity said:

Then take out the lore then. Take out the main reason "ARK" existed. Take out the non-existing world and replace "Island" with something more realistic about dinosaur. Take out the mammals that don't belong to the ice age.

This isn't just "a game about dinosaur" anymore.

Lore? No one even cares about the so called Lore. Its just fluff material to keep the small amount of role players happy.

I don't know of anyone that plays this game for the story. All I know about the story is that I got some kind of weird chip in me and that bosses give you extra levels.

Just now, ForzaProiettile said:

Lore? No one even cares about the so called Lore. Its just fluff material to keep the small amount of role players happy.

I don't know of anyone that plays this game for the story. All I know about the story is that I got some kind of weird chip in me and that bosses give you extra levels.

"No one even cares" and then why some people posted about explorer notes or try to debunk the notes behind if they dont care about it?

2 minutes ago, Vaculity said:

"No one even cares" and then why some people posted about explorer notes or try to debunk the notes behind if they dont care about it?

Well as I said there are a small amount of role players that care about that stuff. Most players do not.

Put it this way if the devs in a patch suddenly deleted all the Lore from the game few players would notice and even fewer would care enough to complain about it on the forum.

On ‎7‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 11:37 AM, DJRone89 said:

I accept that the game is not realistic... riding dinos and all !  

--- But we should have realistic physics and the applications of said physics...if you don't accept that at the least  then I suppose we should all just sit back and watch our legs drift off into the sunset as that's not realistic either ?   ?

• 1 month later...

This was the worst update ARK ever made!

- Never take a Titan again, because there is Arthropluera.
- If the tribe is offline, play turtles and after the bullets run out, use Arthropluera. Then you will never need bombs for offline attacks.

The price to tame an Arthropleura is ridiculous, so you can go out destroying everything. In this way, all ARK players will be displeased with the Wildcard

• 2 months later...
4 hours ago, Charlie12345 said:

After 5000 hours on ark, this finally killed it for me.  Moved to Prim+ after about 2000 hours because it was less unbalanced between alphas and non-alphas due to brick being so hard to damage.  Now its easy...  This will kill prim+ IMHO

whaaaat ? if anything arthos help the little guy more. Now guys who cant farm a vault of C4 a week can fight back against alphas.

Arthros are EXTREMELY easy to counter. They take 5x explosive damage and a 1.5 headshot multiplier. Along with the added 3x ranged weapons multiplier since the damaging patch. For example, a fabby shot does 300 damage, not including saddle reduction, would do 900 per body shot and 1,350 headshot. 500 base HP, level one, so unless they're hella bred a complete maximum of 2 clips; 1 for headshot. Just as an example. Along with, they are not breedable, unless modded, so they must be tamed. 

• 1 month later...

I actually think being able to damage metal and tek structures goes well with their abilities however it should deal damage at slow rate similar to low level wild dinos attacking a wood wall. The structure should be able to survive for a reasonable amount of time to enable defense of the structure rather than being destroyed in only a few hits. Yes they SHOULD be able to damage metal but they should also have to work hard for it. If you want to kill structures faster bring more than one

• 7 months later...

Archived