Pick up dinos with Argy

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

if they just disabled the ability to grab players off of ankylos and doedicurus like literally every other dinosaur the argentavis can grab, it would fix it.  the reason this is an issue is because before the argentavis TLC you couldn't lift doedicurus or ankylosaurus with the argent so picking players off them was enabled.  they overlooked it, during the TLC and never disabled it.

On 8/25/2018 at 2:09 PM, Onimusha759 said:

I think the real bug with argies is the fact that whenever u pick up a wild dino in its claws u can kiss ur hp goodbye.  Wats the point in being able to grab things if its gonna wreck u long b4 u drop it in ur pit.  In case of raptors u get pounced off of the back of ur bird...The OP problem sounds like precision problem on the players side.  Da dino obviously has a larger hit box, aim outside of da players hitbox but inside da dinos, problem solved.

Raptors can do that when you pick them up? I've never tried this, but that seems like a ridiculous bug.

Guys do think about it from a realistic point of view. In the real world, if you attempt this, the giant bird WOULD go for the more likely target to grab, the rider. It would take a LOT of training to get the bird to ignore the rider and pick up the dino under the rider and that's if you can even get it to accept that type of training.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/22/2019 at 3:09 PM, Onimusha759 said:

So now the real problem, is the grab ever gonna be fixed with how you carry the dino?  I cant carry anything hostile to my taming pit without said dino shredding my argy while its carrying it.

Not all hostile dinos will attack while being carried. Only ones I've carried that have attacked my argy has been Tintaboa and Troodons, all others don't even attempt attacking while being carried.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/8/2019 at 1:12 PM, Dolphinsong said:

Not all hostile dinos will attack while being carried. Only ones I've carried that have attacked my argy has been Tintaboa and Troodons, all others don't even attempt attacking while being carried.

Thats wrong, a wolf, thyla, bary, and raptor have all shredded my argy to near death while carrying it and some players have reported actually getting pounced off their argy from a carried raptor.  Either ur glitched/modded or ur 1 lucky bas.

2 hours ago, Onimusha759 said:

Thats wrong, a wolf, thyla, bary, and raptor have all shredded my argy to near death while carrying it and some players have reported actually getting pounced off their argy from a carried raptor.  Either ur glitched/modded or ur 1 lucky bas.

I carry raptors all the time with my Argy.

there is a trick to it, but once you know it, they will just sit there curled up.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 10/30/2019 at 4:55 PM, WarpSpasm said:

It is a strange bug. I picked up a baryonyx to drop in a pen and tame, while I was flying upwards the bary was peaceful but when I leveled out or dived it was hostile.

Same.  I think its a forgotten string of coding problem and not a bug.  Every time you grab something with another flier it instantly points the creates head away from your bird(Back towards the camera).  The argent did this prior to tlc2 as well.  Now though, the argent doesnt reposition its carried prey anymore.

Archived