Pick up dinos with Argy

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've definitely experienced the same issue... with picking up anklo's... between the game lag on certain servers and the mechanics of the Argy (not sure if that plays a role but the delay is definitely visible with the talons)...it very frustrating.  Much like the anklo's harvest positioning on hills can be highly frustrating trying to correctly position it for harvest... sometimes even requiring you to be on top of the node to harvest. WC needs to address when they have time to prevent frustration & time wasting. :)

53 minutes ago, cptbuzkil said:

I've definitely experienced the same issue... with picking up anklo's... between the game lag on certain servers and the mechanics of the Argy (not sure if that plays a role but the delay is definitely visible with the talons)...it very frustrating.  Much like the anklo's harvest positioning on hills can be highly frustrating trying to correctly position it for harvest... sometimes even requiring you to be on top of the node to harvest. WC needs to address when they have time to prevent frustration & time wasting. :)

Let me help with that  @Jatheish @Jen.  This should help em see...Maybe lol

This bug forum is ridiculous, and still nothing new about "common solutions"...

Why remove the old bug forum when the new one is a hundred times worse? There is NOTHING here to help anyone, and every time someone asks for help the topic gets shut down, even though there are solutions. 

If WC doesn't bother to help their players, at least let the players help each other.

After the most recent patch update to 1.19.777.2 on pc I can no longer join ark servers or host my own dedicated server anymore. my game loads fine to the main screen but afterward when I go to join or host the game goes into the loading screen but stops at SHOOTERENTRY. any ideas on what the problem is or could be???/ I checked all my drivers and they are all updated. before this update I had no problems what so ever joining or hosting on my pc.

I had tried picking up a Bary (that my tribemate was riding) with my Argent on Official Server yesterday and it picked up my tribemate instead of the Bary.

Also, what is with the cooldown(CD) on Pickup on PvE? Really see zero point to that. Shouldn't be a CD on PvE imo, I miss often due to server latency... (On PvP yes I get that, but not PvE, come on! Get rid of the PVE CD please!)

P.S.  I agree 100% with @Weiss "at least let the players help each other" like how World of Warcraft has "Customer Support". I miss having the Support Forums.

On 10/1/2018 at 12:22 AM, Ryuk said:

This is still not fixed? LMAO yikes. I filed a report about this a long time ago using the method they recommended on this forum. I guess they're all too busy working on DLC than focus on fixing their game...

22 hours ago, Onimusha759 said:

Thats how theyve always been sadly...

Truth.  It's not great, and most likely will not change.

I personally have a bugger of a time lifting a mounted anky and not just plucking the rider off.  What I've found is when it happens 2-3 times in a row, I land the Argy and dismount, punch it, remount, and then it -USUALLY- works.  The Anky rider does the same thing, dismount, punch, remount.

Why punch?  The creature moves a little, and it might not do anything but my theory is that it forces the creature to "resync" with the server.  Regardless of any truth behind my reason, it's what we do when stuck in a player-pick loop.

2 hours ago, TheDonn said:

Truth.  It's not great, and most likely will not change.

I personally have a bugger of a time lifting a mounted anky and not just plucking the rider off.  What I've found is when it happens 2-3 times in a row, I land the Argy and dismount, punch it, remount, and then it -USUALLY- works.  The Anky rider does the same thing, dismount, punch, remount.

Why punch?  The creature moves a little, and it might not do anything but my theory is that it forces the creature to "resync" with the server.  Regardless of any truth behind my reason, it's what we do when stuck in a player-pick loop.

Im Curious, has any1 tried mounting tha ank after its been picked up?  Sounds lik it wud b a vry effective fix, not 2 mention easy lol.

1 hour ago, TheDonn said:

Ah you cant do that.  All you can do is access inventory, even if you hold 'e'.

Thats a pity...Ok a variation then.  Y not attempt to mount the ank as the argy attempts to grab it?  Since the players in mid animation the grab may not register him as in the way of the anks hitbox.  Idk if thisll work, im a solo guy so teamwork troubleshooting isnt something im used to on ark.  The closest thing iv dun to tht is punching my tames in da the face XD

My wife and I use an Anky/Argy to team farm and in the beginning it was very frustrating.  The best way I've found to pick both up about 75% of the time is to be on either level ground or on top of a rock.  Come at the Anky from the side, aiming for the tail, from a lower level.  Angle up just before pickup.  

There may be other methods that work for you.  After hundreds and hundreds of attempts, all I can figure is that picking too high or from the wrong angle and the Argy can't "see" the Anky mesh/hitbox so it grabs the player.  On steep terrain or inside of buildings, grabbing the Anky at any kind of a downward angle bumps the meshes together and causes a drop.  Lastly, at times when it's really laggy, wait for the lag to go away...  ? 

Archived