USA only country with. ..

jpcab

lol if ark celebrated every countries holidays then every day would be an event which would not be very cost effective if they were expected to do something other than gather rates each time. Best for them to just stick to their native holidays and let the rest of the community enjoy the random 2x breeding for an otherwise normal day for them.

Definitely should have a St Andrews event where untamable haggis are let loose on the Island, laying metal behemoth gates to waste and killing anything over lvl 200. Oh, and they can only turn left as their left legs are twice as small as their right (this helps them on their native mountains in the Highlands of Scotland)

29 minutes ago, Frogspoison said:

Wildcard Studios is a US company. Personally, I'm getting tired of all these posters, across the internet as a whole, who complain about US-based companies celebrating US-based holidays. I'm sure that gaming companies based in non-US countries celebrate their non-US holidays too.

Thats the reason then.its explained..wc is american

3 minutes ago, Bruvas78 said:

Definitely should have a St Andrews event where untamable haggis are let loose on the Island, laying metal behemoth gates to waste and killing anything over lvl 200. Oh, and they can only turn left as their left legs are twice as small as their right (this helps them on their native mountains in the Highlands of Scotland)

Am up for that, would love dinos with saltires emblazoned on them running round the map. Love the idea of the haggis, it would be like the turkeys all over again.  Although the length of the legs depends on the species in question.

1 hour ago, jpcab said:

The privilege of having ark events on their national holydays?

Or it happens with more countries?

IF Wildcard did an event for every China holiday, there would be one constantly.

I deal with China for business, and the factories are always closing for a holiday/festival/celebration of some type. The Chinese New year 2-3 week shutdown, is bad enough.

3 minutes ago, Aushegun said:

IF Wildcard did an event for every China holiday, there would be one constantly.

I deal with China for business, and the factories are always closing for a holiday/festival/celebration of some type. The Chinese New year 2-3 week shutdown, is bad enough.

Do the sweat shops shut down as well, At least long enough to feed the slave labor?

Guest DJRone89

To be fair only the main seasonal events are celebrated; Valentines day, Easter, Hallowe’en, and Winter Holiday.

The problem you have is when you have an evo event that falls on the same day as a US holiday and people lose their poop if it isn’t themed to that holiday, or feel offended because they assumed the event would be holiday themed even though it coincidentally fell on that holiday - I’m looking at you Grand Harvest moaners :P

With all that said, it still makes sense for some holidays to be celebrated if the company was founded there. Nothing wrong with a little patriotism.

• Volunteer Moderator

It primarily has to do with Wildcard being an American company, but a quick googling also points to July 4th being Liberation day for the northern Mariana Islands and Rwanda, as well as Republic day for the Philippines. In the case of the former two, the holiday is very much their independence day. In the case of the latter, it celebrates the day that the US released the Philippines from being an American territory and is treated as a second sort of independence day, with their first one being celebrated in June 12 commemorating their independence from Spanish rule.

All in all the day is just a very independence-y day to celebrate.

13 hours ago, Frogspoison said:

Wildcard Studios is a US company. Personally, I'm getting tired of all these posters, across the internet as a whole, who complain about US-based companies celebrating US-based holidays. I'm sure that gaming companies based in non-US countries celebrate their non-US holidays too.

Interestingly enough, several games I have played that are produced by companies outside the US also celebrate US holidays.  It seems to be especially common with Russian companies... although to be fully honest it might be because those companies are large enough to have separate and distinct divisions for large territories like US, UK, etc... and have the flexibility to run different events (or sales) in those different regions independently of each other.

23 hours ago, AngrySaltire said:

Am up for that, would love dinos with saltires emblazoned on them running round the map. Love the idea of the haggis, it would be like the turkeys all over again.  Although the length of the legs depends on the species in question.

A man who knows the many and varied species of the haggis, I salute you sir! 

I can almost see one of the wee blighters bombing about the map, singing belter by Gerry Cinnamon.

• Volunteer Moderator

Who actually cares about the reasons for putting on events? Do people actually care that there is an event because it is on 4th July, or do people just care because there's an event put on? I mean if this was any old day of the week when they put on an event it would be no different than it being put on for 4th July.

The fuss that's made about all the national days around the globe not getting ARK events is ridiculous.

Shouldn't they also celebrate chinese holiday with their buddy Snail Game? 

I never understood how it works between the two... Do Snail own WC? Was it just a asset related deal? Are they partners now? (I mean, they promoted PixArk...) 

Anyway, I want more evo events! Even if we need to celebrate some mysterious cult's holiday. 

Infinite evo event! Perma x2 everything!  (In addition to the already perma x2 from back then) 

Then x2 on US holiday on top would be nice too... 

Archived