Your favourite Dinosaur [Personal Question]

Mosasaurus

I love all dinosaurs in ARK: Survival Evolved. Just how every dinosaur has a unique way to be tamed and look. I have quite a couple of favourite dinosaurs but I wanted to ask your favourites! Here is the format I guess haha.

Land Dino:

Aquatic Dino:

Air Dino:

Mammal Dino:

Most Favourite our of all:

Just a question I wanted to ask haha. 

58 minutes ago, Mosasaurus said:

I love all dinosaurs in ARK: Survival Evolved. Just how every dinosaur has a unique way to be tamed and look. I have quite a couple of favourite dinosaurs but I wanted to ask your favourites! Here is the format I guess haha.

Land Dino:

Aquatic Dino:

Air Dino:

Mammal Dino:

Land Dino: Bear or saber tooth tiger

Aquatic: dont have any yet

Air: Argy for sure

Mammal: Dont have yet but do really want a rhino or mamoth

Favourite of all argy as it makes every other dino even better if it can be carried by it

Land Dino: you may think im joking but im not the parasaur its a good starting pack mule it runs ok enough to get you away from most beginner threats and can take on low to medium level raptors and it has great stamina also its a decent enough swimmer to get you across most rivers before piranhas can do any serious damage but the sonar ability makes it an incredibly valuable member of the team on a parasaur you dont get into a fight unless you want to or your unlucky or just plain not using this incredibly useful ability and you can tame multiple parasaurs and use them as a sort of a perimeter alarm very useful on pvp servers

Aquatic Dino: kind of cheating since it can go on land to but Baryonyx nice and fast and can stun megalodons the dilo of the sea also yeah it can go on land

Air Dino: Rock drake powerful and fast in the air especcially with its dive and latch onto walls ability getting a rock drake is the turning point in aberration when things start going your way for once

Mammal Dino: Chalicotherium incredibly strong for its size relatively fast good weight and a ranged attack and you can breed it without having to worry about an egg that could die if its even 1 degree out of its preference for long enough? yes please

Most Favourite our of all: it hurts me to say this cause i love my parasaurs but chalicotherium is my favorite taming my chali Brick was when the island truly opened up for me

I am assuming dino means any tame in the Ark sense rather than strictly dinosaurs.

Land dino: yutyrannus. Love its animations and fluffyness.

Aquatic dino: Basilosaurus. Love a good cetacean. 

Air dino: lightning/fire wyvern. Such a good alrounder.

Mammal dino: thylocoleo. Quick, fast, nimble and vesatile mount. 

Favourite of all: hard one this, lets say the wyvern, so versatile.

Special mention if allowed: rock drake. Love its glide mechanic. Awesome tame.

Land Dino:  Allosaur - fast, deadly, and I'm addicted to them.

Aquatic Dino: Mosa - A high level mosa is a beast

Air Dino: Fire Wyvern - Safer than a Lightning Wyvern (less chance of killing yourself) Just like the ARGY, I use them for fighting, pack mules and scouts

Mammal Dino: Thylacoleo - If I played a No-Flyers version of ARK, the Thyla would be my most used tame.

Most Favourite our of all: ARGY - such a great utility dino for those unable to get Wyverns. can be used as fighters, pack mules, and scouts

Land Dino: Rock drake. most versitile dino ever

Aquatic Dino: squid. you cannot get dismounted off of it by shock

Air Dino: Lightning wyvern. basically living assault rifles

Mammal Dino: Thyla. They are beast at fighting and getting around and can fit in some caves. they can go in swamp cave if you raise them inside.

Most Favourite our of all: Rockdrake. I aint sayin wyvern because rock drake can go underwater

Land Dino: Therizinosaur - fast, deadly, great harvester, boss beast & can get some nice colours

Aquatic Dino: Squid... owns the sea

Air Dino: Argentavis - loved this from the beginning, TLC pass just made it better

Mammal: Thyla - just so much fun, and looks good too

Most Favourite - hard to chose between those 4, but I guess if I have to pick just 1 it's the Therizin

Land Dino: Thyla, sloth or Unicorn/Equis (I ride a uni but I dont know if there is a difference between unis and horses)

Aquatic Dino: Basil, only because of jellies, without jellies probably...mosa

Air Dino: wyvern (I like the ability to back up as well as the tankiness)

Mammal Dino: Shinehorn so stupidly cute.

Most Favourite our of all: Shinehorn or sloth.

9 hours ago, Mosasaurus said:

Land Dino:

Aquatic Dino:

Air Dino:

Mammal Dino:

I dont really have a favorite land dino or aquatic dino. My favorite air dino is a wyvern. No favorite for a mammal dino either. I like all of ark each dino is unique for somthing. 

All my comments regard PvE ARK only.  PvE.

Land:  Ankylosaurus.  They are slow, but tough tough tough, gather metal, flint, and berries, do surprisingly well in the water, and I just really enjoy riding them around.  Don't 100% know why, but I sure as hell love me a good Pokey.

Water:  Tusoteuthis.  I like their attacks, and shock-immunity (while it lasts) is incredible.  And, its a huge raptoring squid.  And, its amazing.

Air:  Really, none.  Wyverns are good at fighting but I'd rather be on a Giga, Griffins can get you around fast but a speed-pumped Hopper is more fun, Pelagornis isn't really good for anything, Tapejara can fly in weird directions but Thylas can climb everything, and Ptera is kinda cool but MOSTLY obsoleted by Griffins  Since the flier nerf I would rather be on a grounded dino if possible.  And yes, I am still not 100% OK with the flier nerf.  It was too big, they didn't take the time to do it right.

Mammal:  Procoptodon!  They have fantastic carry-weight, are great with stam usage, gather berries and thatch well, and with ~30 points into speed they are amazingly fast, not to mention their hopping abilities...

Favorite:  Out of THIS list, my favorite is the Procoptodon.  I love them so much.  If you have never done so, I strongly urge you all to breed one, and speed-pump it.  Get the full imprint (its easy, they are lenient on imprints) and dump into speed.  And then find a pack of Hyaenodon and right-click roo-kick them.  And then piss yourself laughing.

In regards to the flier nerf comments, try to understand:  Air travel is as big a part of the game as land travel.  If people don't ride fliers because they aren't as fun, they ride land dinos.  One will be preferred.  One will be the primary.  In my opinion, it is not "better" for the game to use only fliers, just as it is not "better" for the game to use only ground mounts.  Fliers are, for the most part (and strictly in my opinion), boring as poop.  To me, it is because of their speed that they are boring, excepting the Pteranodon, which is boring because WildCard chose to nerf it 2 times while it nerfed and then buffed all other fliers.

Land Dino : Sabertooth before, now Thyla, love them ❤️

Aquatic Dino : Mosa before, he was the best sea dino at first, and raptoring hard to tame x) Now I prefer The KRAKEN :D

Air Dino : Ptera before the nerf, now Griffin as he's the fatest and as you can shoot from him.

Mammal Dino : Saber/Thyla

Most Favourite Dino : Spino before, now Thyla

Land Dino: Therizino is my ultimate harvesting weapon. All my wood, fibre, berries - and in some cases corpses get hauled by the vegetarian rex.

Aquatic Dino: I just like sharks so I gotta give it to Big Tooth.

Air Dino: Even while nerfed I find getting an army of Pteranodons and using them as a fast travelling convey the easiest thing in the world.

Mammal Dino: Dire Wolves are elegant so I'll go with that.

Overall: If the Alpha Fire Wyvern's AI wasn't so terrible, I'd use it for everything.

On 7/3/2018 at 10:45 AM, Mosasaurus said:

Land Dino: Ol’ Raptor or Dilophosaur

Aquatic Dino: Mosasaurus or the Collosal Squid. Dunno.

Air Dino: Griffin 

Mammal Dino: Dire Wolf, any day.

Most Favourite out* (hehe) of all: Gigantosaurus, it’s so hard to tame but once I cheated out the tame in single player it was so fun, cant imagine it on multiplayer.

Now I want to try ? don’t mind me down here haha.

Land Dino: Ankys. They are one of my 1st big goals to tame when I do a fresh start, not only are the great at harvesting but they also make nice combat mounts

Aquatic Dino: Plesios, my wife and I had a pair of 100% imprinted ones on Ragnarok and our only fear was jellies

Air Dino: Hands down the argent. Whats not to love about it after the tlc pass

Mammal Dino: Megasloth. I love everything about it, great hp, great weight, crazy dps with the bug buff and they are great at gathering thatch, fibre and cactus sap

Most Favourite our of all: A tie between the sloth and argent

Land: Allos, compact and efficient high end killing machines that work well in packs. Their spawn rarity lends them to being particularly valuable. T-Rexes are a dime a dozen boss fodder. Allos are worth saving.

Aquatic: Icthy's. the scrubby little fish-dolphins are amazingly quick mounts, but suffer unjustly for being not only the only one of the few non-hostiles in the water, but the weakest. Basilo would come in second if it wasn't so god damn ugly. 

Air: Dimorphodon. I think of them more like aerial dilophosaurs. Virtually useless, they do add quite a bit of color around a base and can fend off pesky icthyornis. 

Mammal: Dire wolf. Home isn't home without a doggo on the porch, even if that doggo weighs four tons and is big enough to consider you a chew toy.

Favorite overall: Raptors. My overall combat breed of choice usually ends up as my personal entourage for touring the map, with enough jaw-power to chew through anything smaller than an alpha carno. From my first tame to my first hatchlings, it's always my Raptor pack. 

3 minutes ago, CitoaK said:

All these "mammals" are marsupials...

Fairly sure OP means mammals broadly to include all gestated babies (non egg-hatches, correct me if I'm wrong @Mosasaurus).  The only actual marsupial is the Procoptodon, since you can actually place a baby in its pouch to nourish it until it exceeds dragweight.  Thylacoleo Carnifex was a marsupial lion that our Thyla was based off of, but the in-game Thyla has no traits of an actual marsupial.  :P

Not to mention, marsupials are mammals.    :)

On 7/3/2018 at 10:45 PM, EatsMTB said:

Land Dino: Sabertooth

Aquatic Dino: Angler Fish

Air Dino: Griffin

Mammal Dino: Kangaroo

Most Favourite our of all: Griffin

Roooooo!

23 hours ago, Eleissa said:

Land Dino: Sabertooth

Aquatic Dino: Tuso

Air Dino: Ice Wyvern

Mammal Dino: Equus

Most Favourite our of all: Equus

Out of curiosity, why the Ice variant?

11 hours ago, Jabnlab said:

Land Dino: Ankys. They are one of my 1st big goals to tame when I do a fresh start, not only are the great at harvesting but they also make nice combat mounts

Aquatic Dino: Plesios, my wife and I had a pair of 100% imprinted ones on Ragnarok and our only fear was jellies

Air Dino: Hands down the argent. Whats not to love about it after the tlc pass

Mammal Dino: Megasloth. I love everything about it, great hp, great weight, crazy dps with the bug buff and they are great at gathering thatch, fibre and cactus sap

Most Favourite our of all: A tie between the sloth and argent

I have a sloth-army for relaxing jaunts at the broodmother.  They are awesome!  Also, Ankys.  Yes.

Haven't played on a while but:

Land Dino: Giga, can't beat walking around a server you're comfortable in with a 100% imprinted giga like a boss

Aquatic Dino: Spino (ok it's not purely aquatic) had some beautiful mutations on my(now deleted) official and I was in live with all of them

Air Dino: lightening Wyvern, as mentioned, I'm a giga guy, so didn't use flyers in raids at all, so my one and only wyvern lasted a long time 

Mammal Dino: thyla,  perfect scout mount

Most Favourite out of all: Pretty obvious right? ?? 

Archived