Not getting any good breeds of dinos in SP

garygihad

Hi there,

I am relatively new to Ark, and I am confused about the amount of certain types of creatures spawning (not spawning) in single player. I can't seem to find things like Equus, Gigas, the climby cat thingys, and a lot more. I know some are "rare", but my question is, do only certain types of dinos spawn in single player?

- Do you have to be a certain level for them to spawn?

- Am i missing an update or patch?

- Do other maps have to be unlocked?

Sorry for the super noob questions but there is a lot to this game. I am playing single player on the island and I just can't seem to find anything good. I am level 65, and the best i have found is a few Yuttys.

Can someone let me in on this? I wanna find the giant big foot ape and the rock guy and all the fun stuff. But where?! Or how?! 

Thanks a bunch!

Dear, garygihad

You should have access to all the dino's of The Island in single player. Some dino's are map restricted (wyverns,griffins, rockelementals...etc) and only spawn on their main map. Each dino on The Island has different regions with which they will spawn in and in other regions they can be quite rare to find! The Giga's are usually found in mountainous areas like the Rex as well. As well as Titanboas are usually found in the swamp area of the map, and Mosasaursus are usually found in very deep waters alongside squid. I suggest for you to look around and explore The Island more to find your desired dino(or look up on the wiki where they spawn).

Also if you are looking for map exclusive dino's, join the singleplayer map which has said dino you desire. Tame it then upload it to the terminal at one of the obbys(giant floating red, green,blue structures in the sky) and then i think you can redownload it on your The Island singleplayer server. (unsure since i play mostly official PVE servers)

Also, as you level up in the game, i believe The game will start spawning in higher level dinos as the day progress(don't quote me on it XD)

(>^.^)> Flash <(^.^<) 
Tribe: Glowboys 
Servers: NA-PVE-OfficialtheIsland 342, NA-PVE-ScorchedEarth 370, NA-PVE-Ragnarok 81, NA-PVE-Aberration 277

Your character level doesn't influence the lvl of wild dinos. The difficulty setting does. By default it is set at 0.2 which won't yield very high levels. Maxing it at 1.0 will yield up to lvl 120 wild dinos. If you want lvl 150 dinos in SP then you need to edit your ini file with a difficulty override setting. ( Can't remember the setting out of my head and am not at my pc with Ark on , but just do a search and you'll find it )

59 minutes ago, Wikus said:

Your character level doesn't influence the lvl of wild dinos. The difficulty setting does. By default it is set at 0.2 which won't yield very high levels. Maxing it at 1.0 will yield up to lvl 120 wild dinos. If you want lvl 150 dinos in SP then you need to edit your ini file with a difficulty override setting. ( Can't remember the setting out of my head and am not at my pc with Ark on , but just do a search and you'll find it )

I believe that setting is

"MaxDifficulty" checkbox

Theres also UseSinglePlayer setting that boost your tamed dinos stats and lower boss stats to make it more managable to play solo instead of a tribe, doesnt do anything for max levels just the stat numbers.

I actively play singleplayer due to my work/childcare schedule is hard to find time to play with other people when they are online. I use DestroyWildDinos everytime i log in to my SP world to refresh the maps dino levels. And dangers. Its always New when i play the giga or titan i was avoiding last time isnt there this time.. There might be an alpha raptor in its place but thats part of the fun, the Unknown.

1 hour ago, garygihad said:

Thanks guys. Ill try the dinowipe next time I'm on.  As soon as i posted this i ran into a few things i hadn't seen, even the unicorn! Ill keep looking around. Thanks for letting me know about the map restricted dinos too. 

Don't go near a Giga, unless you plan on dying and losing your dinos.  I have thousands of hours played, and I still avoid every Giga I see, unless I specifically have set up a taming trap, and am fully prepared to tame one.

Archived