RIP Small tribe servers!

benreel

wow..      way to rek a great thing wildcard.       These servers are / were very popular,  keeping a high pop on almost all servers, most or all of the day

We didnt sign up for small cluster isolation ..   If we wanted to play on a small cluster,  we would have joined a small cluster.   

we had a couple different bases on different servers (to get access to different dinos  and materials)   now their not linked..  rip  small tribe cluster.  it was really sweet while it lasted...

I've been playing ark for well over 2 years. I hope they do not make them clustered. This is not how people are wanting to play small tribes. If this were the case, we would all go play a clustered unofficial with 3x. RIP small tribes. Fix this asap and do not cluster them wildcard. They are popular. Why fix something that isn't broken?

Absolutely the worst idea ever. If you want these whiny kids to have a chanice make a cluster of fresh small tribe servers, leave it clustered for a month and then introduce it into the rest.  Don't screw with everyone and their poop on ALL the other seriver to appease a small majority. Like your going full retard.

17 hours ago, Nbonga said:

Ouch.. wish there was a better solution. I do understand the complaints of people trying to start late, but this will just result in a few tribes gaining control of a cluster and then everyone leaving of boredom. 

I guess this is why we can't have nice things.. 

There is a better solution. Tribe membership should count cluster-wide. When you join a tribe, your character should be in that same tribe regardless of what server you transfer to. 

I dont get it.. first the Small Tribe crews complained there were to many alphas teaming up.. they fixed that,  have updated TOS and now the only true fix; clustered servers.

Now thats not good enough?! Now you want unclustered servers ruled by megatribes?! Bah.

Please tell me how clustering the small tribes does not make it easier for the alphas to take better control of less servers please. Then tell me how that fixes small tribes. It just means they have less servers to wipe you on after they wipe you once. It's a foolish idea.

Just now, XStrat33 said:

Please tell me how clustering the small tribes does not make it easier for the alphas to take better control of less servers please. Then tell me how that fixes small tribes. It just means they have less servers to wipe you on after they wipe you once. It's a foolish idea.

I mean, everyone should have 6 people max, so you have just as much of a chance as others. Granted there are still many things that need to be done to force the no allying, but at the same time I don't get why you need to be on 30 of the same map when you cant trade/ally/share breed lines/ect. anyways. I'm not even being sarcastic here either, I honestly don't understand why you wouldn't just focus on one server since its not like you benefit off of the others unless the tribe on your cluster is blocking valuable resources. That is just a waste of time and leaves your base on the main server vulnerable to an offline attack. 

its about competition..     tbh..    i dont think 8 servers really provide enough competition for a really good 6 man tribe..   same poop happened to clustered servers back in the day

the real question should be..   since small tribe servers are doing so well,  WHY would you want to make such a drastic change?

I called the small tribe success way before the server suggestions thread..  and im calling its demise if this plan stays on course.

I fail to see how clustering small tribe servers will have any beneficial effect. All it does is remove player choice and freedom and limit PVP. I play on a small tribe server and one my good and fast sources of income is from raiding easy bases on other small tribe servers. Clustering them won't solve the mega issue only active admins will.

Funny how you put the control of something so mundane into the hands of real life humans and it all falls apart. Seems like real life to me. I want to play a game, not real life. I want to get away from real life. Stop forcing me to deal with 12 yr olds in game when I am trying to escape them by playing the game. :-))

Archived