Community Crunch 138: Mysterious Mysteries: Introducing ???????, Fourth of July 2x Breeding, New PC Bug Reporting System, & Small Tribes Clusters Coming!

Jen

Guest DJRone89
17 minutes ago, GP said:

Doesn't matter, doesn't mean the new feedback won't change anything. No-one knows how big or small the player feedback was that prompted this change in the first place. The backlash could easily outweigh the original feedback.

I’m intrigued to know where info like this comes from (rhetorically). I like to follow as many channels as possible so I’m missing out on debates :)

A lot of feedback i saw was from twitter and i also watched a lot of youtube vids where megas were starting to come on small tribes and wipe people.e.g uncle apex and a few others...

Although more small tribe servers were needed as they were overflowing the point of them were  no megas and at first there were none and people had fun however as they kept adding e.g up to over 50 servers now megas became interested as now they had lots of servers to crush. They were not interested while there were like 10 or 20 servers but once it got big then they wanted a piece.

I feel the point of these clusters is to break them up again and make any mega tribes uninterested in them again so only small tribes play which means good competition.

And to those who say well we alpha we just wipe the servers constanly and they will die so please dont wc. Well errrr dont kill your own servers by doing this. You are in control  no mega to wipe you, so show a bit of self restraint,raid have fun but dont wipe down to the ground and people will stay on. 

Just my 2 bits could be wrong but only way i can see megas out. However i do really like the idea as keep these as are and make like 20 (2 clusters of 10) to see how these go down 1st maybe to see which does best.

3 hours ago, GP said:

80%? Where you pulling your wild numbers from?

This thread perhaps? After reading the first three pages of comments, i think there was one supporter. Everyone else against.

But... that doesn't mean people dont support the idea. Usually people content with things as they stand don't take the time to post their support. Would be interesting to start a poll.

• Volunteer Moderator
29 minutes ago, AndrewLB said:

But... that doesn't mean people dont support the idea. Usually people content with things as they stand don't take the time to post their support. Would be interesting to start a poll.

Yes, that's the thing a lot of people overlook. Anyone happy with the change are more likely going to just be happy and carry on playing. They wouldn't necessarily have a reason to post about the fact they are happy. This is why often people only ever see negative feedback because those unhappy actually have a reason to post.

2 hours ago, GP said:

Yes, that's the thing a lot of people overlook. Anyone happy with the change are more likely going to just be happy and carry on playing. They wouldn't necessarily have a reason to post about the fact they are happy. This is why often people only ever see negative feedback because those unhappy actually have a reason to post.

As much as that usually is the case in general, every single time a major change is announced for Ark, whether it be the flyer nerf, the decision to go back on their word and segregate off the early access servers to slowly kill them off, or the recent structure decay proposal.... there was clear support AND opposition to the plan. This time though, it seems incredibly one sided.

Edited by AndrewLB

On 7/2/2018 at 9:50 PM, AndrewLB said:

Can anyone explain how there are megatribes when the limit is 6 players per tribe?

Mega tribes are tribes that exist accross multiple servers.  And 6 to a tribe doesn't fix that either as 3 6 player tribes could all be one mega teibe.and.leave no evidence that they are working together.  Just existing on a server will take up spaces allowed for other tribes.  I hope this answered your questions.

Don't cluster the servers cause if you do you'll be saying goodbye to a large quantity of players how currently enjoy the small tribes. yes you could improve mega tribes moving to new servers instantly. but it is currently in a nice and some what playable state. ALSO ADD SOME GOD DAMN AUSTRALIAN SERVERS, PvP is hardly possible with 300 ping, or even some asian servers. Just dont cluster the servers. you would have to be brain dead to do that. 

16 hours ago, Darkprince388 said:

Mega tribes are tribes that exist accross multiple servers.  And 6 to a tribe doesn't fix that either as 3 6 player tribes could all be one mega teibe.and.leave no evidence that they are working together.  Just existing on a server will take up spaces allowed for other tribes.  I hope this answered your questions.

They wouldn't be able to have multiple tribes across multiple servers if their tribe counted on all the servers in a cluster instead of just one. An example to help explain; say you join a tribe on server 56 and then transfer to server 42. As soon as your character loads in on server 42 you should be able to open your inventory and see that you are still in the same tribe of 6 guys you were on server 56. Then, if you leave the tribe on server 42 the game should remove you from the tribe on 56 too. This way, you can only be in one tribe, no matter where you go. 

Additionally, add a 24 to 48 hour cooldown on leaving/joining a tribe and mega tribe abuse will be very difficult and inconvenient. 

This WILL work. I've been screaming it from the mountain tops since the announcement. Hopefully it will catch on. 

While I don't play on the small tribe servers having them clustered will make it easier for them to police. "Mega" tribes that are teaming up will be more prevalent and push to take over their cluster, making it easier to see them breaking the no teaming rules.

It all comes to enforcement, how they handle rollbacks if they ban a teaming group, and how often they check up on them.

On 7/4/2018 at 8:28 PM, Darkprince388 said:

I understand what a megatribe is. How would grouping these servers off into small clusters change this? It seems to me that tribes can work together regardless of how many servers are in the cluster.

They wouldn't be able to have multiple tribes across multiple servers if their tribe counted on all the servers in a cluster instead of just one. An example to help explain; say you join a tribe on server 56 and then transfer to server 42. As soon as your character loads in on server 42 you should be able to open your inventory and see that you are still in the same tribe of 6 guys you were on server 56. Then, if you leave the tribe on server 42 the game should remove you from the tribe on 56 too. This way, you can only be in one tribe, no matter where you go. 

Wildcard can't even design a properly functioning redundant transfer system to prevent duping and characters from going poof and you expect them to make a massive new system that keeps track of all that?  Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but that's never gonna happen. If they could, they could have used this to fix the tame cap on PVE servers by limitiing tribe tames to 500 total across all servers. But with the current setup, many tribes have 500 on EACH  of 5 servers and sometimes have multiple accounts for additional 500 per tribe per server.

On ‎7‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 9:29 PM, NuggetInTummy said:

Don't cluster the servers cause if you do you'll be saying goodbye to a large quantity of players how currently enjoy the small tribes. yes you could improve mega tribes moving to new servers instantly. but it is currently in a nice and some what playable state. ALSO ADD SOME GOD DAMN AUSTRALIAN SERVERS, PvP is hardly possible with 300 ping, or even some asian servers. Just dont cluster the servers. you would have to be brain dead to do that. 

Oceania servers are well overdue. There is no legitimate excuse for WC not to create some. I know in the past they have talked about lacking spare hardware but if you go into the server browser and look at the current OC PVP servers most of them rarely reach 10 players at peak time.

I think it would not be unreasonable to at least reconfigure one of these dead servers to a Small Tribe setting.

Here is the official Small Tribes Poll, Give this random comment an upvote if you like the change, If you dislike the change, please reply with 1 constructive sentence on why . 

Me personally, I don't mind the change but would prefer not to mess with something that is currently working. I feel the clusters will go dead after a few months due to the fact that you can't just hop on a random server to build up over a weekend and go after a built up tribe that targeted you early on. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...