Community Crunch 138: Mysterious Mysteries: Introducing ???????, Fourth of July 2x Breeding, New PC Bug Reporting System, & Small Tribes Clusters Coming!

Jen

3 hours ago, cc4prez said:

This is probably the stupidest thing you could do... Clustered ark official servers died for a reason, now you are choosing to make a thriving idea into an already failed idea. Here is a better solution that you are currently using on the main cluster to fix the same issue that is described here. Create new FRESH servers that don't allow transfers into them for 4 weeks because that's how long it took the tribes to build to where they are now currently. Instead of taking your concerns from the people who got wiped you should take ideas from the vast majority of players who are making these servers thrive and are enjoying there escape from the megatribes. Please reconsider this decision.

Please

39 minutes ago, AndrewLB said:

Can anyone explain how there are megatribes when the limit is 6 players per tribe?

They unofficially team up, often helping each other with tames and materials. This will be such a bigger issue if they cluster the small tribe servers since people will just build up so big that no one else has a chance to build. The reason that people enjoy this game mode is that of the competitiveness trying to build up with 5 other players to be the "alpha" of a server, then once you have reached that goal other servers will come crossark raid you. 

You guus are making the most stupid bone headed move I've ever seen. Stop listening to the salty people who get wiped twice because they build in idiotic spots. 

Small tribes are still nearly at full pop. You will crush that. Honestly don't understand how you guys are so disconnected with your player base it's actually disgusting.

Way to go ark devs... can we all get around of applause ? They managed to make the game even worse than it was before with all the small tribe clusters. Now to add it onto the stuff that needs fixing but won’t get fixed anyways. The ark devs don’t even listen to the community they just assume that the player and will like crossark because they obviously loved it before right. Like we are all dying to get into a cross ark server right. Like can you plz call whoever keeps saying “hey why don’t we do cross ark servers” and fire his ass cause all you guys are doing is ruining the game. Lmao Maybe start asking the community what to add instead of people in the business because I know most of us are smart but it seems like you guys came up with this idea of clustering the small tribe servers after smoking a truck full of weed. Like my god get your poop together 

Clustering the small tribes servers is going to cause more problems than good.
REASONS: 
- it reduces the number of viable opponents, which in turn results in one tribe controlling an entire cluster (even with 6 people this WILL happen)
 -you're recreating the cluster-server problem (which is essentially reason 1)
 -the incentive to restart after getting wiped is reduced to zero due to the inability to build while the large tribes worry about each other since the large tribes will assume dominance over their cluster and continue to keep the server under rule without being kept in check by the threat of the unknown.

Essentially, you're creating a scenario where the unknown factor is taken out of the equation for tribes which in turn makes it possible for the experienced players to recreate legacy before transfers were re-enabled. What you'll see is a bunch of dead servers after a month.

Additionally, this is NOT what anyone that I've talked to signed up for when they joined the 6-man servers.

EDIT: *FRESH* clusters that are non-transferable to/from for the first 4* weeks are a good idea though.

Edited by PureWin

9 minutes ago, PureWin said:

Clustering the small tribes servers is going to cause more problems than good.
REASONS: 
- it reduces the number of viable opponents, which in turn results in one tribe controlling an entire cluster (even with 6 people this WILL happen)
 -you're recreating the cluster-server problem (which is essentially reason 1)
 -the incentive to restart after getting wiped is reduced to zero due to the inability to build while the large tribes worry about each other since the large tribes will assume dominance over their cluster and continue to keep the server under rule without being kept in check by the threat of the unknown.

Essentially, you're creating a scenario where the unknown factor is taken out of the equation for tribes which in turn makes it possible for the experienced players to recreate legacy before transfers were re-enabled. What you'll see is a bunch of dead servers after a month.

Additionally, this is NOT what anyone that I've talked to signed up for when they joined the 6-man servers.

EDIT: *FRESH* clusters that are non-transferable to/from for the first 4* weeks are a good idea though.

Yesssss omg great points

34 minutes ago, panci said:

It sounds good, clusters are big and tribes are small. All the people complaing are raptoring teamers

No we are a legit 6 man that just beat center boss on hard. Already set up on 2 maps as alpha. We will own then cluster within the 1st week and crush all others till the cluster dies. We've done it before on clusters and it will happen again. This is why it's stupid.

Edited by Meth_is_Deth

WC this will KILL small tribe servers. You will see the population numbers plummet. 

This not only makes it easier for one tribe to rule them all but it puts lower level tribes at a disadvantage. I can hide across 40+ servers right now with this change I will have less than 5. 

Reconsider this. Small tribes servers gave many of us hope that you are striving to improve the game. Clustering these servers will be a clear message that nothing has changed.

I've bought all your DLCS, if you make this move I will not give you another penny.

so, apparently your bug claims will stay hidden from the community until one of the "staff" flags it as "working". this means people will create thousands of reports for the exact same problem while the old system allowed you to jump on another thread which was having the exact same premise. being able to see several threads popping after a patch for example was a warning to others as well, to probably try to avoid said circumstances. right now, meh. i hope someone else will report my issues. i remember what the feedback for #badartforbadark was so i have no hope in text form complaints. 

• Thanks 1

Come on wildcard. If I wanted to play on a crossark cluster, I'd play on a crossark cluster. Please don't ruin small tribes by makin it a crossark cluster.

What you need to do is make tribe formation count for all of the small tribe servers. For example, if I joined a tribe on server 56, when I transfer to server 24 I should still be in the same tribe of 6 guys that I was in on 56. This will keep the game competitive with cross server raiding but limit mega tribe abuse. 

Clustering off small tribe servers is dumb. People play PVP because there is the additional challenge of getting wiped by another tribe. If people can't handle it then they should go play PVE

The clustering of small tribe servers feels like a liberal knee-jerk reaction. Overly empathetic and ultimately in the wrong direction.  

"one of the concerns we've seen is transfers.", they say but they're wrong. Transfers aren't the concern. Mega tribes are the concern. You've not only incorrectly recognized the problem, you've made corrections that are going to only exacerbate the problem or kill server population. 

Edited by Sofaaaaaa
clarity

7 hours ago, Meth_is_Deth said:

No we are a legit 6 man that just beat center boss on hard. Already set up on 2 maps as alpha. We will own then cluster within the 1st week and crush all others till the cluster dies. We've done it before on clusters and it will happen again. This is why it's stupid.

4 hours ago, Voidtoker said:

WC this will KILL small tribe servers. You will see the population numbers plummet. 

This not only makes it easier for one tribe to rule them all but it puts lower level tribes at a disadvantage. I can hide across 40+ servers right now with this change I will have less than 5. 

Reconsider this. Small tribes servers gave many of us hope that you are striving to improve the game. Clustering these servers will be a clear message that nothing has changed.

I've bought all your DLCS, if you make this move I will not give you another penny.

What these guys said is right. 

I'm in a tribe of 3 guys and we have a great hidden base location. If it turns out that our server got grouped with a mega tribe server then we're screwed and will have to start out all again on a lvl 1. If the servers didn't get clustered and we got wiped we could just move to another server somewhere far away to rebuild. If we're on a small cluster with a mega tribe we have nowhere to go. 

Don't do it Wildcard!!! you're going to kill small tribes!

Perhaps should try to enforce the rules better, issue bans on smalltribes or whaever instead of screwing over everyone... 

Ofcourse there are gonna be Alpha tribes etc that goes and wreak havoc no matter how much you close the clusters, now you'll just make it so they can rule the certain servers easier without getting attacked from other servers... way to make their lifes easier

Adding mod contests and events when you are exclusively focusing on PC with a little bone thrown to consoles is quite insulting and the more you hype mods on the sponsored mods and now doing events with mods that exclude console players (any wonder why MEGA tribes are the main and almost only official console players) the more they should be implemented to consoles in their full forms as add ons that we all know you can easily do the payment system/load settings to implement.

I understand there is a certification process for consoles but to us it looks like you have basically said FU to consoles and given up in favor of screwing your community yet again all we ask is to have the sponsored mods as either add-ons or DLC content we understand that some mods are game breakers/have stability issues but one assumes that the sponsored mods have been checked for stability before you pay to sponsor so ADD THEM ALREADY FOR CONSOLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Small Tribe Cross Ark?  Yeah I am not really onboard with that idea....

Part of what makes the small tribe servers fun is the ability to transfer...someone already built in the spot I wanted in Center, no worries, there are others servers I can check out.  Tribe took over most of Abb, no problem, there are others.  Plus it gives the bigger tribes more competition.  Really all this does is limit peoples options.  

6 people on dragons and griffins would have a hard time searching 48 servers looking for upcoming threats to them, and would meet some stiff competition.  6 people on dragons and griffins could easily search 8 servers and wipe out anyone who is growing to big.   This move will probably kill what seems like your best idea to date.

Please reconsider changing the existing servers, if you want to try cross ark small tribe, add another 16 or so servers and make two new clusters and see, don't change the servers that already exist.