Arks used as storage

I came back to ARK after about a years absence and there's a disturbing trend I've noticed:

Entire official server arks are being used as dino storages.

Most of the oceanic offical servers have reached their maximum tamed dino capacity, and new players are forced to either have no dinos or leave the server.
This wouldn't be an issue if it was just overcrowding, but these servers have less than 10 active players on them at any given time.
High level tamed/bred dinosaurs are littered around the obelisks ready for transfers to SE/Ab/Rag, and no players in sight.
I'm concerned this is an abuse of the server transfer mechanism, and is ruining the game for new players who haven't had a chance to experience the island like we have.

What is the ARK team planning on doing about this issue?

Attached is a screen shot of one such server, featuring a ring of mostly rexes owned by the two or three tribes who have monopolised the server as a dino storage box.

20180702213746_1.jpg

19 minutes ago, d1nk said:

Seems like boss fight dinos to me. Perfectly normal and legal

Boss fight... You can only take 20 at a time. You cannot take wyverns.. But seems legit.

I want something done also. But lets be honest here. Most people that play this game now.. Are in the tribes that do mass dinos and use servers for storage. Go check out island OCPvE not sure which one but it wont take you long. Red is spammed with over 100 Trex.. Blue is the same and so is green. But going by the player above.. Seems legit.

In the end.. The game is dying.. The Devs and Players are to blame for it. Why would anyone pay money on this? poop I am not even going to get any DLC from this game. They are more then likely capped also as they have started to fill the others.. SE and all them are next on fill for storage line.

9 hours ago, ExistentialComplex said:

I came back to ARK after about a years absence and there's a disturbing trend I've noticed:

Entire official server arks are being used as dino storages.

Most of the oceanic offical servers have reached their maximum tamed dino capacity, and new players are forced to either have no dinos or leave the server.
This wouldn't be an issue if it was just overcrowding, but these servers have less than 10 active players on them at any given time.
High level tamed/bred dinosaurs are littered around the obelisks ready for transfers to SE/Ab/Rag, and no players in sight.
I'm concerned this is an abuse of the server transfer mechanism, and is ruining the game for new players who haven't had a chance to experience the island like we have.

What is the ARK team planning on doing about this issue?

Attached is a screen shot of one such server, featuring a ring of mostly rexes owned by the two or three tribes who have monopolised the server as a dino storage box.

20180702213746_1.jpg

I was talking to my GF about this post... Then she said I quote " They need to stop transfers. That will stop them selling dinos " I laughed at the idea.. Until I googled it.

This is why storage servers are about. This is why people keep servers unplayable. WTH people sell raptoring dino's!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 hours ago, Tankerinc said:

Boss fight... You can only take 20 at a time. You cannot take wyverns.. But seems legit.

Wasn't there a SE mission that allows them? Or am I getting confused about something. I do wonder if it will be possible to use them in the upcoming expansion. I feel like wyverns could have been something viable for end game.

I assume its a pve issue with tame capped servers . like with breeding events and the fact the whole premise is to tame and breed . introduce muts over 100s of different breeds and server transfer then as someone who left for a year and for those who continued to play . tame capped servers lol . doesn't surprise me at all . in fact im surprised you can even build maybe as everywhere is pillar spammed . rag was server capped 4 weeks into launch and over time tribes have left , player deletions have caused tribes to auto decay and although occasionally the cap is met . it does come down too . patience is all you have . but if it helps . on the server I play on we only managed to transfer our 250 dinos over from another server we use for taming and breeding which took weeks . but now over time due to our patience we have 4 accounts and 900 dinos and plan to start a 5th account , just bred 14 gigas with last  breeding event and now on abe breeding 30 drake with july breeding event . I play every day and have done since beta  . I love ark . I love dinos . I love to tame . I love to breed . roll on extinction so I can bring more new dinos to the server . may need 6th account by then lol .

This is why PvE was never ment to be a thing. PvP pretty much fits ark because dinos will be killed etc... But pve its pretty dam hard to loose dinos there lol.... Even with the decay timers a guy can just login every now and then and keep them there for a while. Maybe feed them every now and then.... PvE needs to be completely revisted... all wildcard did was make PvE for a PvP game because of popular demand but never thought it through lol... This is why  i play PvP official servers... 

Archived