Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kaijor

Question about donation packs

Recommended Posts

Hello,

I run a few unofficial server and have been doing so for a couple of months now. I have decided to try to create donation packs. Although, I am sort of struggling packs as I don’t want to make it too play to win, but I also want to provide people with an incentive to donate. What would you guys suggest? All suggestions are much appreciated. Thank you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FractalShard said:

I disagree, you can do a lot with donation packages, for instance, you can put an aberration version of the dinos on the map your playing

that's what i was saying. you spawn those abb dinos into the wild, not force-tame it for the donor. avoids pay-for-win accusations and builds community better. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, eESTlane said:

that's what i was saying. you spawn those abb dinos into the wild, not force-tame it for the donor. avoids pay-for-win accusations and builds community better. 

You can't pay to win with abbo dinos, their only re-skinned versions. He asked for recommendations on what he should put in his donation packages , not whether or not he should do them. Keep it on topic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, FractalShard said:

You can't pay to win with abbo dinos, their only re-skinned versions. He asked for recommendations on what he should put in his donation packages , not whether or not he should do them. Keep it on topic.

i am very much on topic. i re-read first post. op doesn't know how to handle rewards, is scared of turning it into pay-to-win and thus is looking for opinions. i gave mine which is a server wide reward. never have i suggested not doing anything. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, eESTlane said:

i am very much on topic. i re-read first post. op doesn't know how to handle rewards, is scared of turning it into pay-to-win and thus is looking for opinions. i gave mine which is a server wide reward. never have i suggested not doing anything. 

" I have decided to try to create donation packs" i.e. He wants to make donation packs without making them pay to win, but also giving incentive to buy them. A server wide setting does not give incentive for people to donate. People want things if they are dishing out cash. So anyway OP one example is doing some aberrations dinos. Another is building supply packs. Give your donators something that everyone can get normally, or in the case of aberration dinos cosmetics.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some of the things I've seen servers do is allow people to temporarily buy a server side setting boost. Something like a server wide 2x tame for 2 days if they donated, or the setting of their choice. Think of it like buying an experience booster, but it affects the whole server. Balanced and fair, and they get to choose the type of boost they want. You decide the price.

Another thing I've seen done is admin painting of dinos - the colors can be passed to offspring if admin command painted. Makes them valuable for trading. People love sweet looking dinos. But doesnt tip the scales in pvp.

Some servers have sold out a bubble shield that lasts for a couple days. Ours doesn't because offlining bases is for wusses and we dont do that (lucky server I guess). This ones marginal. Its additional defense that they pay for. It won't win them a war and there has to be a system in place that they can't buy one during a raid.

 

 

If you straight up sell in game materials or dinos, you're going to run into people calling shenanigans. Even if you sold a "starter pack" pick, hatchet and ptera, people will complain.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...