SmallTribe Rules

Crasher334

Well how far are you away from the other tribe? I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure the closest distance permitted to another tribe when watching is 100m. If you are less then that you may be guilty of aiding and abetting. If you are not sure how far you are away just hit walk and then count 1 every second. That's 1metre. Also make sure you don't talk to them in voice chat or text chat as that would count as assisting. There are people watching and they will quickly file a report if you break any of the rules so be careful.

In all honestly I think you should play it safe and declare that you are neutral. Erect a large sign next to your base or where you are standing and state your neutrality in say font size 12 and use easy to read language. If someone does file a report you will have an image of your signpost to prove you were not taking sides.

1 minute ago, ForzaProiettile said:

Well how far are you away from the other tribe. I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure the closest distance permitted to another tribe when watching is 100m. If you are less then that you may be guilty of aiding and abetting. If you are not sure how far you are away just hit walk and then count 1 every second. That's 1metre. Also make sure you don't talk to them in voice chat or text chat. There are people watching and they will quickly file a report. 

In all honestly I think you should play it safe and declare that you are neutral. Erect a large sign next to your base or where you are standing and state your neutrality in say font size 12 and use easy to read language. If someone does file a report you will have an image of your signpost to prove you were not taking sides.

one of the guys just started chasing me so i got close enough and in voice chat said "I'm just a spectator" like 3 times is that fine?

Just now, Crasher334 said:

one of the guys just started chasing me so i got close enough and in voice chat said "I'm just a spectator" like 3 times is that fine?

Hmm well technically you have committed multiple felons namely going closer then the permitted distance and talking to an another player. I'd be very surprised if someone hasn't filed a report to the ARK Fair Play Board. If I was in that situation I would have engaged in combat ie attacked the player which would then protect me from being liable for the distance felony as I would be then classed as engaging an enemy player as opposed to assisting one.

Just now, Captnmorgan said:

If you get involved in anyway i would assume it would be considered teaming. I suggest you just move along and mind your own business. But thats just my opinion. 

Or he can declare his neutrality with a billboard as I suggested. If he places it down where he is standing and doesn't move from the location he would be classed as a spectator in most cases, provided of course he has counted his 100m distance.

• Volunteer Moderator
1 minute ago, ForzaProiettile said:

Or he can declare his neutrality with a billboard as I suggested. If he places it down where he is standing and doesn't move from the location he would be classed as a spectator in most cases, provided of course he has counted his 100m distance.

His  or her comment in the edit part about chasing and killing them I assume would be teaming. Thats why i would suggest to them to move along as if he or she cant control themselves just to sit and watch then it may get them in trouble. Its just my opinion I have nothing to do with support. 

• Volunteer Moderator
2 minutes ago, TripleBox said:

Not even allowed to PvP on Official PvP servers anymore, this is the weakest poop I've ever seen.

https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/code-of-conduct/

You are more then welcome to pvp but the small tribe servers have different rules for them link located above. They are new servers which dont allow teaming its what the community wanted as some new servers to try. Feel free to play on them if you want or not its up to you. But they have rules to them. 

49 minutes ago, Goaty said:

lol this anti teaming stuff is just dumb. let people do what they want... dont make it like unofficial...

Anti-teaming is not dumb. That prevents the new servers to burn to the ground, just like vanilla officials.

Mega tribes are already abusing the rules and ruining the small tribe servers. But seeing your comment you are not playing on any of the small tribe servers, so why would you even make such a statement?

I don't see the issue here. You're not assisting one side with the raid. None of them have any of your items/bloodlines. You're just in the same place as two other tribes that are fighting. No attempt to get around the 6 person tribe limit.. I don't see which rule you've broken.

I'd go with the billboard claiming neutrality if you're really that worried about it. ?

18 hours ago, ToXiN said:

Anti-teaming is not dumb. That prevents the new servers to burn to the ground, just like vanilla officials.

Mega tribes are already abusing the rules and ruining the small tribe servers. But seeing your comment you are not playing on any of the small tribe servers, so why would you even make such a statement?

Because ark was ment to be a massive mega tribe type game. That's why there aren't any limits or rather big limits on official servers.... Idk why you say "mega tribes" are running normal officials... they aren't lol that is what official pvp is..... Massive tribe wars attacking bases off server and setting up fobs. You have your home servers that can be attacked at any time and you can go attack anyone you want at any time. This big wars can be rather fun, yes laggy but its still fun destroying your enemy lol.

only because little 10 year olds cry about them loosing their dodos because some guy killed them doesn't mean devs should change everything. Adding these new servers just means you can't play big, but doesn't justify the fact teaming shouldn't be allowed lol. Either way these rules are starting to make to feel like unofficial servers ...

6 hours ago, Goaty said:

Because ark was ment to be a massive mega tribe type game. That's why there aren't any limits or rather big limits on official servers.... Idk why you say "mega tribes" are running normal officials... they aren't lol that is what official pvp is..... Massive tribe wars attacking bases off server and setting up fobs. You have your home servers that can be attacked at any time and you can go attack anyone you want at any time. This big wars can be rather fun, yes laggy but its still fun destroying your enemy lol.

only because little 10 year olds cry about them loosing their dodos because some guy killed them doesn't mean devs should change everything. Adding these new servers just means you can't play big, but doesn't justify the fact teaming shouldn't be allowed lol. Either way these rules are starting to make to feel like unofficial servers ...

I just don't understand how you not get that these new small tribe servers were made to counter mega tribe play style. It's simple as it is. :)
Since these servers are in "experimental" state the rules may change to tailor them to the 6 man play style.
If you wanna team up and play with 100 other players you go vanilla official. If you wanna play in a small tribe you go the small tribe servers. If you think the devs made these small tribe servers to let the mega tribes migrate and do the same I think you are wrong.

7 hours ago, Goaty said:

Every single of these megatribes cheat, undermesh and abuse all possible flaws in the game and rulesets because they can and there are no real consequences, PERIOD. Taking the risk of playing the devil's advocate here, if tribe X don't abuse the rules, their opponents sure will. hence why the official network is an unplayable cancer for anything but megatribes.

I can't pretend to have any numbers related to the playerbase, but from my own experience (4k hours since EA on Official servers), the vast majority of the playerbase consists of small tribes of 10 players or less. As far as I'm concerned, if megatribes weren't such a pita, why would the the amount of unofficial servers increase on a daily basis? Why are small tribes servers slot capped since their launch?

Maybe you should think about what you type instead of calling people complaining "10 years olds". Pretty typical from people with no arguments to attack the messenger rather than the message.

Regards.

20 hours ago, Darkholis said:

Every single of these megatribes cheat, undermesh and abuse all possible flaws in the game and rulesets because they can and there are no real consequences, PERIOD. Taking the risk of playing the devil's advocate here, if tribe X don't abuse the rules, their opponents sure will. hence why the official network is an unplayable cancer for anything but megatribes.

I can't pretend to have any numbers related to the playerbase, but from my own experience (4k hours since EA on Official servers), the vast majority of the playerbase consists of small tribes of 10 players or less. As far as I'm concerned, if megatribes weren't such a pita, why would the the amount of unofficial servers increase on a daily basis? Why are small tribes servers slot capped since their launch?

Maybe you should think about what you type instead of calling people complaining "10 years olds". Pretty typical from people with no arguments to attack the messenger rather than the message.

Regards.

Idk if you have been living under a rock or something but many tribes have been dev wiped and globally banned since release because of aimbotting and undermeshing. The vast majority of mega tribes have come to realise that wildcard will now give out punihsments to an ENTIRE tribe even if you have done nothing wrong. This has led to all tribes to become legit in some way. I have been in a tribe that got dev wiped for aimbotting. I personally and no idea it was happening but still many innocent people got banned just because they were associated with that tribe. Legacy and the start of new servers was pretty much the only cancer that was here. Now there might be a couple of tribes that cheat but the large percentage don't do aimbotting duping or undermeshing anymore...

thing is if wildcard actually payed attention to their exploitable game before release maybe this wouldn't of happened 

you also seem to be pulling figures out of no where. Show me the proof of unofficial servers being made and these small tribe servers show me them being capped otherwise I can't really believe it

also I call these people 10 year olds because they act like them, not  saying they are 10.... also how don't I have an argument. If I have something against what you say, that is an argument lol I'm not attacking anyone directly just the vast majority that seem to complain about mega tribes... join them or simply don't play official pvp.

thing about teaming is really vague. if you're raiding 2 tribes at once can you really be called teaming against the other tribe?

if you see the weaker tribe is losing and then you went on in to loot are you teaming as well? remember the raiding tribe is going to shoot you on sight.

what if you join in a fight to double cross your "ally" tribe? they are all out attacking and you're bombing their home base.

2 hours ago, Goaty said:

Idk if you have been living under a rock or something but many tribes have been dev wiped and globally banned since release because of aimbotting and undermeshing. The vast majority of mega tribes have come to realise that wildcard will now give out punihsments to an ENTIRE tribe even if you have done nothing wrong. This has led to all tribes to become legit in some way. I have been in a tribe that got dev wiped for aimbotting. I personally and no idea it was happening but still many innocent people got banned just because they were associated with that tribe. Legacy and the start of new servers was pretty much the only cancer that was here. Now there might be a couple of tribes that cheat but the large percentage don't do aimbotting duping or undermeshing anymore...

thing is if wildcard actually payed attention to their exploitable game before release maybe this wouldn't of happened 

you also seem to be pulling figures out of no where. Show me the proof of unofficial servers being made and these small tribe servers show me them being capped otherwise I can't really believe it

also I call these people 10 year olds because they act like them, not  saying they are 10.... also how don't I have an argument. If I have something against what you say, that is an argument lol I'm not attacking anyone directly just the vast majority that seem to complain about mega tribes... join them or simply don't play official pvp.

Dev wiping dosen't mean anything really and it just shows how clueless at dealing with the issue WC really is. Wiping a single server means nothing when said tribes have dozens if not more under their control. Besides, what prevents them from deliberatly crashing the servers to rollback prior to a wipe?

Some might suggest to IP ban players but this is easily bypassed. Even a Steam ban which is preferable is not a fullproof solution.

As for numbers, since you are obviously too lazy to open your favorite browser and google it up by yourself, here are the numbers and my references.:
https://arkservers.net/stats/
https://www.battlemetrics.com/servers/ark

WC is currently hosting 364 official servers, Legacy included. Everything else which is around 4k servers are unofficials.
Battlemetrics will show you that all SmallTribes servers are above 60-65 players count at all time, capped at peak times.

My statement still stands, you have no arguments, or at least weak ones and just keep on bitching. Get out of your glass jar if you are to argue with someone who actually does know his stuff.

Regards.

On ‎7‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 6:24 PM, Goaty said:

only because little 10 year olds cry about them loosing their dodos because some guy killed them doesn't mean devs should change everything. Adding these new servers just means you can't play big, but doesn't justify the fact teaming shouldn't be allowed lol. Either way these rules are starting to make to feel like unofficial servers …

Nonsense the lack of limits on tribe size was a severe oversight by the developers and the largest single gameplay imbalance in this game for many years that was left unaddressed until very recently.

I've been in several of these megas and it was boring as hell. I've never been so bored in my time playing this game then I was playing in a mega tribe. You join a mega tribe with the idea that you will be doing large battles and wars but in reality you spend most of your time base building and farming. When on the rare occasion you do a battle its against some crappy little tribe because you find out that your mega tribe is allied with about 20 other mega tribes in some grand alliance that controls 100 servers and it's in no ones interest to go to war because you already have 1000 ascendant BPs of every kind in your vault and thousands of explosives and all the best breeding lines.

Large tribes don't contribute anything of value to this game at all, they do nothing but detract from it and cause imbalance. When the game first came out in 2015 there wasn't any real large tribe for the first few months and the gameplay as a result was fantastic. Regular PVP happened everyday by tribes of roughly the same sizes mostly around 5-10 players. It was great for a while and then alpha tribes formed and took over servers and then finally the devs opened up the game with transfers which was good for a moth or so until mega tribes then formed.

Today we have small tribe servers which have the game feel fresh and alive again like in 2015, which is great. I am still just curious why it took the devs so long to work this out?

On ‎7‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 2:15 AM, Darkholis said:

Regards.

I can confirm much of this. I was once in a Chinese mega that had an "underground base" and used a raft to sail around under the map. That said I never saw them do under meshing per say but they did exploit the map to hide their stuff. One of their players had a very obvious aimbot which I only discovered when raiding with him when he zeroed his pistol in extremely accurately on a players head who was doing circles on a saber. Pop, Pop, Pop, Pop and he was dead.  The same player also no doubt had ESP as he always managed to find the alpha dinos for levelling us up fast. This was back in early to mid 2016 before Battle Eye and since then I have noticed a large decrease in obvious aimbotting and ESP but there is still the occasional abuser out there.

I was also in a mega tribe that is still around today that when I look back at it must have being doing some duping. I say this because when I joined I was still naïve about certain things in the game. I knew about aimbotting, ESP and that you could go under the map but duping was still something I had never encountered. I played with this tribe on their home server which was very well fortified every obelisk was locked down and they had complete control of the map. The only other tribe on the server was our small allied beta tribe.

Nothing really exciting ever happened in this tribe and I mostly just farmed on that server but I would notice that the server would very often "lag" out when we playing in it and for a reasons that did not seem to make any sense. It was a relatively low pop server with no 15-20 players on it at peak and yet it would quite often have these huge ping spikes causing it to crash. I would ask the tribe leadership on Discord and was always told the server was on a bad box or that other servers on the same box were causing it.

I didn't think much of it at the time and I eventually stopped playing the game for a while but looking back at it I remember one day dropping off some spare walls into the "building" vault and discovering that there was about 400 elevator tracks in it which weren't there the day before. Now having seen videos on youtube of another mega tribe that was busted on a live video stream  by constantly placing and demolishing elevator tracks (and which when my tribe attacked their mountain base proceed to place down 100's of TEK dino gates) I can't help but wonder if my own tribe was doing the same.

11 hours ago, ForzaProiettile said:

I can confirm much of this. I was once in a Chinese mega that had an "underground base" and used a raft to sail around under the map. That said I never saw them do under meshing per say but they did exploit the map to hide their stuff. One of their players had a very obvious aimbot which I only discovered when raiding with him when he zeroed his pistol in extremely accurately on a players head who was doing circles on a saber. Pop, Pop, Pop, Pop and he was dead.  The same player also no doubt had ESP as he always managed to find the alpha dinos for levelling us up fast. This was back in early to mid 2016 before Battle Eye and since then I have noticed a large decrease in obvious aimbotting and ESP but there is still the occasional abuser out there.

I was also in a mega tribe that is still around today that when I look back at it must have being doing some duping. I say this because when I joined I was still naïve about certain things in the game. I knew about aimbotting, ESP and that you could go under the map but duping was still something I had never encountered. I played with this tribe on their home server which was very well fortified every obelisk was locked down and they had complete control of the map. The only other tribe on the server was our small allied beta tribe.

Nothing really exciting ever happened in this tribe and I mostly just farmed on that server but I would notice that the server would very often "lag" out when we playing in it and for a reasons that did not seem to make any sense. It was a relatively low pop server with no 15-20 players on it at peak and yet it would quite often have these huge ping spikes causing it to crash. I would ask the tribe leadership on Discord and was always told the server was on a bad box or that other servers on the same box were causing it.

I didn't think much of it at the time and I eventually stopped playing the game for a while but looking back at it I remember one day dropping off some spare walls into the "building" vault and discovering that there was about 400 elevator tracks in it which weren't there the day before. Now having seen videos on youtube of another mega tribe that was busted on a live video stream  by constantly placing and demolishing elevator tracks (and which when my tribe attacked their mountain base proceed to place down 100's of TEK dino gates) I can't help but wonder if my own tribe was doing the same.

I have been in a tribe that was dev wiped twice. First time a large percentage of the tribe got banned, some players even quit. This is the thing all of these player were playing legit, farming, breeding etc only a few were cheating.... but the devs still punished them because they were in the tribe, even if they had nothing to do with it. Even small ally tribes got dev wiped. 

Now recently the devs are setup an enforcement team that goes around every now and then and investigates servers that have been reported for cheating...

12 hours ago, ForzaProiettile said:

Nonsense the lack of limits on tribe size was a severe oversight by the developers and the largest single gameplay imbalance in this game for many years that was left unaddressed until very recently.

I've been in several of these megas and it was boring as hell. I've never been so bored in my time playing this game then I was playing in a mega tribe. You join a mega tribe with the idea that you will be doing large battles and wars but in reality you spend most of your time base building and farming. When on the rare occasion you do a battle its against some crappy little tribe because you find out that your mega tribe is allied with about 20 other mega tribes in some grand alliance that controls 100 servers and it's in no ones interest to go to war because you already have 1000 ascendant BPs of every kind in your vault and thousands of explosives and all the best breeding lines.

Large tribes don't contribute anything of value to this game at all, they do nothing but detract from it and cause imbalance. When the game first came out in 2015 there wasn't any real large tribe for the first few months and the gameplay as a result was fantastic. Regular PVP happened everyday by tribes of roughly the same sizes mostly around 5-10 players. It was great for a while and then alpha tribes formed and took over servers and then finally the devs opened up the game with transfers which was good for a moth or so until mega tribes then formed.

Today we have small tribe servers which have the game feel fresh and alive again like in 2015, which is great. I am still just curious why it took the devs so long to work this out?

I can tell you what you say is not true at all. Mega tribes are probably the best thing in ark. It's what keeps it alive atleast on pvp officials. Now you might think oh server populations are dead on them... but no lol servers are all owned by particular tribes. There are 3 so called alliances, which have changed massively over the months. Tribes switching sides being wiped etc. Pretty much every server is owned by one of these tribes. I am in a tribe called YSS or Why So Serious this probably being one of the biggest tribes to date. Recently there have been several attacks we have done with allys on the other side.

Also no one raids for loot lol, it just gets dropped before a tribe gets wiped.. Tribes wipe to get rid of a threat. Before you would attack a server yes you might have to farm several thousand items however this is easily done with aberration. 

Now I get some people will hate this but personally many thousands still enjoy this form of pvp. I could say many more things but no point ranting on when you don't even care.

N3_Colition_1999.png

Archived