Island Snow Cave near Impossible solo

RipRavage

On 7/1/2018 at 11:58 PM, RipRavage said:

It’s annoying because I’m running out of artifacts of the strong that I stockpiled before they redid the cave spawns.  

So many posts in this thread,none helpfull lol.. ?

So heres my cup of tea:

I run to the same problem as you.I wanted to get the artifact but this cave is just too hard to solo..defently group only area.

The solution which wasnt thought of by me was of my friend:

Simply gather this artifact in other maps,then transfer back to your server.

On Ragnarok this artifact is crazy easy to get.

I got mine on the Center which wasnt bad either.

• 4 months later...

I just did it solo by breeding a Thylaco (brought from Ragnarok) and pulling the baby into the cave. The thylaco is quite fun, as it can climb to avoid mobs and recover from falls, so you can get creative. I also had a vulture on the shoulder.

For the Purlovia, I tried:

- disrupting their pounce with an arrow at the start. Never managed it.

- trying to trigger them while running with the mount. Never worked.

- using a shield. It works somewhat, as you walk in front of the mount, you get stunned but not the mount that then tanks the Purlovia

- using a grappling hook, or hiding, and sending the mount to the mound. It will get pounced upon but with a good saddle it works as their do not suffer durability hits. You can take potshots at the Purlovia during the mount stun

- placing a metal spike  between you and the mound, most of the time the purlovia will turn not reach you with its jump. Keep your shield up anyway, just in case.

- in case of many purlovia, try to make a bigger barrier of spikes.

What worked was a combination of spikes / shield / hook. But I was really close to deplete the durability of my armor.

I play single player, but with S+ and AA mods, and settings to not waste too much time. Plus I allow myself to save at the entrance of the cave, and restore if I die, but not save/restore inside the cave. I find it brings a nice but not punitive challenge, but it is definitively not an hardcore mode.

On 11/7/2018 at 12:49 PM, colas said:

I just did it solo by breeding a Thylaco (brought from Ragnarok) and pulling the baby into the cave. The thylaco is quite fun, as it can climb to avoid mobs and recover from falls, so you can get creative. I also had a vulture on the shoulder.

For the Purlovia, I tried:

- disrupting their pounce with an arrow at the start. Never managed it.

- trying to trigger them while running with the mount. Never worked.

- using a shield. It works somewhat, as you walk in front of the mount, you get stunned but not the mount that then tanks the Purlovia

- using a grappling hook, or hiding, and sending the mount to the mound. It will get pounced upon but with a good saddle it works as their do not suffer durability hits. You can take potshots at the Purlovia during the mount stun

- placing a metal spike  between you and the mound, most of the time the purlovia will turn not reach you with its jump. Keep your shield up anyway, just in case.

- in case of many purlovia, try to make a bigger barrier of spikes.

What worked was a combination of spikes / shield / hook. But I was really close to deplete the durability of my armor.

I play single player, but with S+ and AA mods, and settings to not waste too much time. Plus I allow myself to save at the entrance of the cave, and restore if I die, but not save/restore inside the cave. I find it brings a nice but not punitive challenge, but it is definitively not an hardcore mode.

With the new Pokeballs they added in Extinction you can just throw a Yutryannus down in the entrance of the snow cave and go to town roaring

On 7/2/2018 at 10:36 AM, SpCowboy said:

I rised theris inside the cave, they are helpful, since doesnt agro purlovias/direwolves, and heal fast with veggie cakes.

I am not 100% sure, but looks like the lootcrates gives only garbage if a tame is on the vecinity, thats the cons, but not 100% confirmed.

The lazy solution as many other challenges on this game is lagnarok, You only have to break two rocks literally and is a free DLC.

Lagnarok.  LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL...bwahahahahahaa

I usually get the artifact from rag if I need it, but I do this cave solo on official from time to time for fun.

I bring 1k + shotgun shells, 1x 240 shotgun. 200+ Compound bow., 100 + flame arrows.,100+ grappling hooks, 3-4 sets of 240+ flak,  brews and potions.

Use the flame arrows to get the purvlovias out of the ground and suspend yourself from the ceiling and kill everything, move on and repeat.

Just be aware that everything will respawn by the time you are going to head back out of the cave. So you will have to fight you way out with the same method.

It does take some time with this method, but it is fun.

• 2 months later...

Sorry for necro-posting here but as it's not archived yet...

Not sure if there was a patch or something but:

No offense intented but it's fairly easy to block the purlovia-jump using a metal shield

It's even quite easy to intercept them with a crossbow

You can then take em down using your sword... however i can not recommend wearing hide armor when trying to fight the high level ones in the snow cave - lol

I hate that raptor can take you off mounts lol... and yes that ice cave is crazy hard lol... I have heard of people having baby bears follow them inside and raising them inside then leaving them on nutral so others can kite cave dino's into them... not sure if this is still possible but seems like a good idea lol

i recently did this cave solo, using a boss rex , 50 health,800 melee and only a 40 armour saddle, and also a theri using cryo pods.

the rex  for the main part of the cave where it can fit then i di throw the theri out for the tighter bits and just  clear the next large space that the rex would fit again. it was tough and the rex did loose 40k health but its doable solo.

TL:DR

Solo is possible with cryopod rex's & theri

Archived