Island Snow Cave near Impossible solo

RipRavage

So I’ve been ripping my hair out trying to make this cave feasible again.  I’ve lost tons of gear and ammo.  I even cheesed a baby Allosaurus into the cave with a master craft saddle and still this cave is impossible.  The stupid Purlovia instantly dismount you even if you’re far away from their dirt mounds.  This isn’t good game design it’s garbage fake difficulty.  It’s annoying because I’m running out of artifacts of the strong that I stockpiled before they redid the cave spawns.  There were literally 7 Purlovia right near the cave entrance.  What is with the hard on the devs have for letting garbage creatures dismout and stun you, I know let’s make low level Raptors do it now too, so everybody is forced to have mounts off of passive.

single player (spent a few seconds through your posts to make that assumption) not pve? roleplaying like newbs gaming? if not, you can play dirty. kite dinos towards huts you can use to shoot from. clear the area and block spawns with foundations. place bed next to artifact. next time you can walk it.

pve on the other hand is more difficult. there are speed runs on youtube that you can search for. breeding a badazz dino is also doable but still risky. allo means nothing. what stats and saddle did it have?

57 minutes ago, eESTlane said:

single player (spent a few seconds through your posts to make that assumption) not pve? roleplaying like newbs gaming? if not, you can play dirty. kite dinos towards huts you can use to shoot from. clear the area and block spawns with foundations. place bed next to artifact. next time you can walk it.

pve on the other hand is more difficult. there are speed runs on youtube that you can search for. breeding a badazz dino is also doable but still risky. allo means nothing. what stats and saddle did it have?

80 armor 15k hp 500 melee, the stats weren’t the problem, the instant dismount was, I was a mile away from the mound when the Purlovia jumped.  Once I was dismounted everything instantly stormed it in the entrance.  I really hate that the cave literally has to be cheesed  because the spawns are so bad.  I’m single player, so I could just cheat if I wanted to, my point is that I don’t want to.  Most of those speed runs are prior to the rework of the cave or involve using rexes and multiple people to avoid everything.  It’s really dumb that purlovia can hit you while you are grappling hooked 25 feet up in the air.

Tek helmet can detect buried purlovias. In this case you might want to resort to sending a dimorphodon or something to the location to investigate it as a scout and trigger the purlovia to pounce: then you can kill it.

Tek helmet doesn't require artifact of the strong to obtain. And if you really want to farm it easily: it is obtainable on ragnarok and can be acquired in a little temple near blue ob within 5 seconds with zero risk.

8 hours ago, RipRavage said:

80 armor 15k hp 500 melee, the stats weren’t the problem, the instant dismount was, I was a mile away from the mound when the Purlovia jumped.  Once I was dismounted everything instantly stormed it in the entrance.  I really hate that the cave literally has to be cheesed  because the spawns are so bad.  I’m single player, so I could just cheat if I wanted to, my point is that I don’t want to.  Most of those speed runs are prior to the rework of the cave or involve using rexes and multiple people to avoid everything.  It’s really dumb that purlovia can hit you while you are grappling hooked 25 feet up in the air.

This game was never designed fully for singleplayer. Just spawn that artifact and move on, don t waste your time. Also caves are bugged. After a dino wipe caves have hundreds of creatures. After you clear them once (by killing all) they spawn normally.

Trust me, I also play single player. That bad bugged "not for singleplayer" game design is not worth your time and effort.

I was once flying on an argentavis about 10 walls up and a purlovia jumped and dismounted me...

15 hours ago, RipRavage said:

So I’ve been ripping my hair out trying to make this cave feasible again.  I’ve lost tons of gear and ammo.  I even cheesed a baby Allosaurus into the cave with a master craft saddle and still this cave is impossible.  The stupid Purlovia instantly dismount you even if you’re far away from their dirt mounds.  This isn’t good game design it’s garbage fake difficulty.  It’s annoying because I’m running out of artifacts of the strong that I stockpiled before they redid the cave spawns.  There were literally 7 Purlovia right near the cave entrance.  What is with the hard on the devs have for letting garbage creatures dismout and stun you, I know let’s make low level Raptors do it now too, so everybody is forced to have mounts off of passive.

It's ridiculously hard. It took 4 of us with 200+ damage shotguns and 2k shells which is a lot of grinding. They need to look at this cave again. 

5 hours ago, Voidstar said:

This game was never designed fully for singleplayer. Just spawn that artifact and move on, don t waste your time. Also caves are bugged. After a dino wipe caves have hundreds of creatures. After you clear them once (by killing all) they spawn normally.

Trust me, I also play single player. That bad bugged "not for singleplayer" game design is not worth your time and effort.

I was once flying on an argentavis about 10 walls up and a purlovia jumped and dismounted me...

This. ^

I do all caves legit in singleplayer , except this one. This specific cave just isn't worth the aggro on yourself. Just spawn in the artifact when you need it or just cheese the cave with god mode.
This cave was specifically designed for tribes and is brutal hard and the only one I don't even bother to try and do legit in single player.

9 hours ago, Rintrahhh said:

The yutyranneus is perfect for this cave. Its roar will make the purlovia pop out of the ground. If you do get stunned by one you wont fall out of the saddle either. Also, when the animals get the purple ring around them from the roar it makes them weaker and easier to kill.

I never thought of a Yutyrannus, that’s what I will try next.  Thanks for the tip dude.

I rised theris inside the cave, they are helpful, since doesnt agro purlovias/direwolves, and heal fast with veggie cakes.

I am not 100% sure, but looks like the lootcrates gives only garbage if a tame is on the vecinity, thats the cons, but not 100% confirmed.

The lazy solution as many other challenges on this game is lagnarok, You only have to break two rocks literally and is a free DLC.

1 hour ago, SpCowboy said:

I rised theris inside the cave, they are helpful, since doesnt agro purlovias/direwolves, and heal fast with veggie cakes.

I am not 100% sure, but looks like the lootcrates gives only garbage if a tame is on the vecinity, thats the cons, but not 100% confirmed.

The lazy solution as many other challenges on this game is lagnarok, You only have to break two rocks literally and is a free DLC.

I’m not too worried about loot, I just want to run the cave to do it. I’ve cleared the cave before the spawns were all messed up I would just like to make an actual cave run my method of getting the artifact of the strong.  If worst comes to worst I guess I’ll just hit the ragnarok artifact, but I would rather not.

6 minutes ago, RipRavage said:

I’m not too worried about loot, I just want to run the cave to do it. I’ve cleared the cave before the spawns were all messed up I would just like to make an actual cave run my method of getting the artifact of the strong.  If worst comes to worst I guess I’ll just hit the ragnarok artifact, but I would rather not.

Maybe a complex network of ziplines with motor pants + cactus broths XD, at least sound funny.

45 minutes ago, SpCowboy said:

Maybe a complex network of ziplines with motor pants + cactus broths XD, at least sound funny.

I’m willing to bet the purlovia will still activate and hit you on the ziplines.  The worst thing about purlovia is the only way to unearth them without a mount is grenades or rockets, and that’s just a waste of resources.

16 hours ago, RipRavage said:

You can speed run the cave but need to place 2 respawn points that are out of harms way. I use to do this back in October on an official xbox server with spawn points behind the first crystal wall and on the ledge where the first red drop comes up at. First I would aggro the purlovia and bears in the corners, then run like hell from the wolves and apes. Very possible but you will die a lot and need a very fast character to make the run before you freeze to death. Unless you already have this build as I did or mind wipe, it is easier for you to just use a tame. 

3 minutes ago, MandaBear said:

You can speed run the cave but need to place 2 respawn points that are out of harms way. I use to do this back in October on an official xbox server with spawn points behind the first crystal wall and on the ledge where the first red drop comes up at. First I would aggro the purlovia and bears in the corners, then run like hell from the wolves and apes. Very possible but you will die a lot and need a very fast character to make the run before you freeze to death. Unless you already have this build as I did or mind wipe, it is easier for you to just use a tame. 

I’ve tried sleeping bag running the cave, but it seems like the game spawns creatures on top of or near the bag as soon as I respawn after kiting them away.

All I play is singleplayer and it took me a while to figure out this cave. At first I thought it was impossible for single players but once i tried using the yutyranneus this cave is now one of the easiest in my opinion.

I do have an ascendant saddle on it, around 120 I think. Also theres a couple water traps that you can get stuck in so be sure to have a couple rafts and ramps ready in case the yutyranneus falls in and cant get out.

Just now, RipRavage said:

I’ve tried sleeping bag running the cave, but it seems like the game spawns creatures on top of or near the bag as soon as I respawn after kiting them away.

Those two points I mentioned do not have tames spawn on them. I placed 2 foundations (because otherwise they would despawn on official. you can probably use 1) and literally 6 beds numbered 1-6 with the names of what point in the cave they were so I could search through them quickly. on the one behind the crystal wall at the end of the iceberg jump room with the yellow drop you need to place walls in case any wolves aggro down into that tunnel as you are taking the stuff to the entrance. That way you can spawn without insta being eaten and having your beds destroyed. Also I was mistaken, that is the first red drop spot but once I placed beds there it stopped spawning there and instead showed up in the far back room just before the artifact chamber either down in the water or on the side of that ice rock above it (due to me blocking two from where my beds were I would pick up 3 in that room. 2 in the water and one on the rock above. it was a lot safer and easier to get away from since dinos wont aggro on you in the water) If you are interested in using this method I can send you a detailed walk through, but it does take a few tries to get the hang of. 

5 minutes ago, Rintrahhh said:

All I play is singleplayer and it took me a while to figure out this cave. At first I thought it was impossible for single players but once i tried using the yutyranneus this cave is now one of the easiest in my opinion.

I do have an ascendant saddle on it, around 120 I think. Also theres a couple water traps that you can get stuck in so be sure to have a couple rafts and ramps ready in case the yutyranneus falls in and cant get out.

I’ve got some ascendant yutyrannus saddles BP with around 90 armor, so I should be good.  The annoying thing is the long incubate time, but if that’s what it takes I’ll do it.

13 minutes ago, MandaBear said:

Those two points I mentioned do not have tames spawn on them. I placed 2 foundations (because otherwise they would despawn on official. you can probably use 1) and literally 6 beds numbered 1-6 with the names of what point in the cave they were so I could search through them quickly. on the one behind the crystal wall at the end of the iceberg jump room with the yellow drop you need to place walls in case any wolves aggro down into that tunnel as you are taking the stuff to the entrance. That way you can spawn without insta being eaten and having your beds destroyed. Also I was mistaken, that is the first red drop spot but once I placed beds there it stopped spawning there and instead showed up in the far back room just before the artifact chamber either down in the water or on the side of that ice rock above it (due to me blocking two from where my beds were I would pick up 3 in that room. 2 in the water and one on the rock above. it was a lot safer and easier to get away from since dinos wont aggro on you in the water) If you are interested in using this method I can send you a detailed walk through, but it does take a few tries to get the hang of. 

I’ll try dropping some foundations and beds in those spots and see how it works.  I think there is some crazy overspawn bug in single player because every time I kite stuff new creatures respawn.  I know you said those spots don’t have spawns on them but the aggro range on everything in that cave seems to be so damn high.

2 minutes ago, RipRavage said:

I’ve got some ascendant yutyrannus saddles BP with around 90 armor, so I should be good.  The annoying thing is the long incubate time, but if that’s what it takes I’ll do it.

I've got my settings tweaked a bit for breeding times to be sped up and also have the "use singleplayer settings" checked. 

I initially had 5 airconditioners set up to hatch it but it still was too cold so I set up 4 standing torches burning angler gel along with the airconditioners and that was able to incubate the egg. You can power level the yutyranneus  very easily by killing all the high level angler fish in there along with everything else of course.

2 minutes ago, Rintrahhh said:

I've got my settings tweaked a bit for breeding times to be sped up and also have the "use singleplayer settings" checked. 

I initially had 5 airconditioners set up to hatch it but it still was too cold so I set up 4 standing torches burning angler gel along with the airconditioners and that was able to incubate the egg. You can power level the yutyranneus  very easily by killing all the high level angler fish in there along with everything else of course.

I’ll just get the egg to near hatching at my base then spam torches for the last 1%.  I meant the long mature time.  I play on 5 difficulty with single player setting off.  It almost official with the exception of mature time which I have set to 6x.

Archived