pvp or pve..

drdino234

PVP. It is the way the game intended to be played by the devs. I can't think of anything more boring and loathsome then sitting around all day singing kumbaya and base building/taming/breeding while trying to play on a incredibly laggy server filled with pillars.

I've always been a PVP player, to me PVE mode is second rate and reserved for lesser players/daddy gamers/casuals/cry babies/people that need safe spaces and players that hate competition. I once ventured onto a PVE server and was met by a guy on the beach in flak armor who used a rocket launcher to kill dinos, despite this his base was made of stone and had no roof or defences...

You need to get out more Fella.

24 minutes ago, ForzaProiettile said:

PVP. It is the way the game intended to be played by the devs. I can't think of anything more boring and loathsome then sitting around all day singing kumbaya and base building/taming/breeding while trying to play on a incredibly laggy server filled with pillars.

I've always been a PVP player, to me PVE mode is second rate and reserved for lesser players/daddy gamers/casuals/cry babies/people that need safe spaces and players that hate competition. I once ventured onto a PVE server and was met by a guy on the beach in flak armor who used a rocket launcher to kill dinos, despite this his base was made of stone and had no roof or defences...

49 minutes ago, ForzaProiettile said:

We dont just sit around singing kumbaya all day. We do actually get to play the rest of the game because we are not too busy running around murdering each or too busy just grinding out to keep our bases defended. Also do you mind not painting all PvE players with such a broad brush. I just like logging on to find someone hasnt steam rolled my entire base while I slept. Ta.

@drdino234 i don't play your game. i know the difference between small-talk and spam. you, dear sir, are going for that trade forum...hell, even your argument makes no sense. pve has action and building with different struggles. and not because they take it "lightly". it's because they've been handicapped. you are basically comparing apples to oranges. for example, if i had an ax and directed this frustration into some chopping, which would you keep, your hands or your feet? 

:cappa:

• 2 weeks later...

On official I prefer PvE purely because I want to experience ark, I like knowing when I come home from work that my base will still be there.

Back when I was un-employed I thoroughly enjoyed PvP sure 70% of my time in PvP was spent preparing for a war that happened while I was offline, but the other 30% was thrilling waging war and stomping other tribe's into submission I know part of my problems came from me making too many enemies.

But I currently enjoy a mix on a private server.

PVE because I hate getting offline raided. Feels so cheap and angering?. I don't like the land claiming and massive bases claiming giant parts of the map, but I would rather that than servers where around 80% of the players are @$$holes. And people claim land on the few ORP servers too, which would be a kind that I would like?

Archived