Raptor Pounce. Really bad design.

Lancars

*sticks the needle on the broken record*

So basically when you're pounced your character gives up and lets the raptor rake them to death? I'm in heavy armor and i was basically pinned there till my friend came over to shoot it. For a good two minutes i lay there being slashed and getting more and more annoyed.

You know what people do when they get pounced by big animals in other games and in movies? THEY FIGHT BACK even if they are going to maybe die! You have and axe in your hand why do you just lay there and accept whats happening? Really stupid design. And yes i dodge out of the way yet suddenly find myself in third person pounced on the ground. I tried the bola and suddenly it teleported onto me so its buggy as heck.

Only way i see to bypass this garbage mechanic is have a chainsaw ready and just hold the button down when i get pounced. It allows you to damage the thing.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My biggest issue with the raptor pounce at the moment is how it can pull you off of tames that are twice its size as well as pull you off of flyers as you are holding them. Granted i dont think the flyers was intentional because they usual dont do it, but if you pick them with an argy and the timing is off they will pull you right off your bird and both you and the raptor will fall to the ground. The pounce needs to be reworked a bit so that even if it lunges at you it wont pin you down unless it actually hits your character. 

29 minutes ago, Corrigan said:

It holds you indefinitely? I feel like it holds me for a solid 10-15 seconds, if even, then I'm free. 

I would call it closer to between 5 and 10 seconds in actuality... it just seems longer when you're pinned and helpless.  If the OP is being pinned indefinitely then other issues are afoot.

14 hours ago, VoidScape said:

This could be a bug you're facing. I have never been held down for more than around 10 seconds and I get pounced by raptors all the time when I am out on my Thyla.

14 hours ago, Avgarkplayer said:

Strange. I have always return from being restrain and took the raptors out within seconds.

12 hours ago, Ranger1 said:

I would call it closer to between 5 and 10 seconds in actuality... it just seems longer when you're pinned and helpless.  If the OP is being pinned indefinitely then other issues are afoot.

I am with these people.  Sounds like you got a bugged out Raptor, which is not at all surprising considering ARK.  I get pounced on Abb all the time, pulled off my Rock Drake, and USUALLY can make it back on the Drake to polish off the Raptor.

9 hours ago, VoidScape said:

I highly doubt any of these answers will satisfy the OP anyway. By the tone of his post and the fact that he didn't bother to research how the mechanic actually is supposed to work... I would say he is here to whine and stir up trouble looking for people to cheer him in another WC vendetta spree.

So would you say that the raptor is fine as is and dosen't need any tweaking?

8 hours ago, SwishPapaSweets said:

That's how most posts go. Big dumb apes chanting about something stupid just to be instant gratitude

Same question for you.

How about you two actually comment something useful yea? The OP does sound a bit frustrated with the raptor but they are expressing their concern and how they feel it should be fixed, far from the worst post i've ever seen on here...I see more people complaining about pointless posts than actual posts on the forums. If i had to guess i would say you guys are the whiners/big dumb apes and not the OP. How about we all just quit posting and these forums die, would that make you guys happy?

This new dismount mechanic is stupid.  Basically Raptors, which are a low level common spawn which spawn in PACKs have the ability to pull you off a high end tame like a wyvern and rock drake, both of which NEED to be on passive so they don’t run or fly away instantly.  If you get dismounted by a raptor on a wyvern or Rock Drake you are most likely going to die.  I had a raptor that I accidentally bumped while killing a Rex dismount me on the center lava island mid lightning blast instantly killing me and the raptor.  This is just bad programming and fake difficulty, it doesn’t add anything, it just makes you waste time running back to your body.

Guest DJRone89
3 hours ago, RipRavage said:

This new dismount mechanic is stupid.  Basically Raptors, which are a low level common spawn which spawn in PACKs have the ability to pull you off a high end tame like a wyvern and rock drake, both of which NEED to be on passive so they don’t run or fly away instantly.  If you get dismounted by a raptor on a wyvern or Rock Drake you are most likely going to die.  I had a raptor that I accidentally bumped while killing a Rex dismount me on the center lava island mid lightning blast instantly killing me and the raptor.  This is just bad programming and fake difficulty, it doesn’t add anything, it just makes you waste time running back to your body.

Lol. The audacity of the devs to make surviving in a survival game harder. How dare they.

Just now, DJRone89 said:

Lol. The audacity of the devs to make surviving in a survival game harder. How dare they.

Its not harder, its just a waste of time, the raptors wont kill your tame theyre too weak to.  Why not work on making it so wyverns actually land correctly so you don't have to have them on passive 100 percent of the time.  A Wyvern on neutral will fly away and be long gone before you cant remount, you wont be getting back on.  Scorched has been out for how long now and Wyverns still don't land correctly, good luck trying to get back on as it hovers just out of reach as carnos, rexes, and the asshole raptors on the island rush you.

Guest DJRone89
1 minute ago, RipRavage said:

Its not harder, its just a waste of time, the raptors wont kill your tame theyre too weak to.  Why not work on making it so wyverns actually land correctly so you don't have to have them on passive 100 percent of the time.  A Wyvern on neutral will fly away and be long gone before you cant remount, you wont be getting back on.  Scorched has been out for how long now and Wyverns still don't land correctly, good luck trying to get back on as it hovers just out of reach as carnos, rexes, and the asshole raptors on the island rush you.

How dare the devs make an aspect of the game an inconvenience for you when they should be focusing on making the game as easy as possible with absolutely no challenge at all, right?

Just now, DJRone89 said:

How dare the devs make an aspect of the game an inconvenience for you when they should be focusing on making the game as easy as possible with absolutely no challenge at all, right?

Yeah, stuff like flyers having to be on passive because the landing mechanics are programmed so badly is intended gameplay mechanics.

Archived