Lost character

Issking71

Hi. My tribe leader recently lost his character transferring to abberation so we contacted wildcard and the response was a joke. Basically they do not support anybody that plays on official legacy servers and suggested moving to another official server. This would be great if we could actually transfer to an official server from legacy servers, so what wildcard is saying is start over. So our 200+ tames that we have put hundreds of game hours in would be lost. Also as it was the tribe leader who lost his character we now have no control of the tribe and can't even claim/unclaim dinos. Still waiting for a response and it's laughable that only now they are looking at a fix seeing that it's been a problem since the launch of abberation. I would like wildcard to address why they do not support legacy servers as this is not acceptable #losingthewill

1 hour ago, Issking71 said:

I would like wildcard to address why they do not support legacy servers as this is not acceptable #losingthewill

When they split servers almost a year ago they said they would not be supplying support to legacy servers which was full of cheated and duplicated items and dino's. They wanted to focus full support on the new servers to try and prevent that. 

They were unsuccessful because cheaters find ways and they had to many unaddressed issues but at that time if you chose to stay or join the information was provided. 

So I had to start anew topic as my last one was closed. I only started playing 6 months ago so whatever info about legacy servers was public knowledge I was oblivious to. I purchased the game and chose a server. No warning about choosing this server. Now knowing what I know now I would not of chose official legacy sever but I still do not agree with the no support policy for legacy servers given no warning was given and was still able to choose a legacy server. So 6 months of game play is literally for nothing and all I get is 'tough luck' I would transfer to an official server but unfortunately that's not an option as its not allowed. I still don't understand the issue as surely the problems that existed could be fixed. If its true and wildcard are killing off legacy then stop people being able to join or at least warn players they are joining a bugged glitchy un supported server! 

Short answer - there was a huge amount of duping and other exploits that occurred on the older servers, so much that they classed them as legacy and made transfers from them blocked so that people could not bring their cheating items over to the new servers. Supposedly the new servers had the exploits fixed so that it could not occur.  No real point in you posting here again, nothing will change and the demise of the legacy servers was broadcast before it occurred for each server.   The fact that "legacy" was in the name should have given a clue that they were different from other servers that did not have that name, and a quick search would have shown why.

Good chance for you to start over and not make the same mistakes that you undoubtedly made the first time through. 

Archived