abberation Any Tips On Getting Rock Drake Eggs?

K1ttygur1

Alright, first topic or whatever, forgive me that I could not put this as an abberation discussion thing? there was an abberation option but I couldnt click on it, But any tips on getting your first rock drake eggs? Here are things you should know about me,
1) I don't have good tames on AB, or any, I play on a cluster and I'm on a center map planning to move to AB.
2) I don't have that good of taming experience, but I have tamed a therizino (with a friend) ton of raptors, so many pterandons, attempted to tame a rex but failed, didn't knock it out but didn't die
3) I have roughly 400 melee and 1.5k health, and a ton of stam
4) I'm not that good at ark, just saying but I have experience on raising wyverns without milk
5) I also know that I should kill as many drakes as I see, but I don't know what mount is best
6) I do know drakes can turn "invisible" I owned a drake before (I claimed one) put it in the OB, went offline for 4 days, checked back, it was gone
Sorry once again, this is my first post.

There are a lot of tutorial on Youtube if you want to try it yourself using a Spino or Megalosaurus or Karkinos, but imo it's just easier to BUY your first drake from existing player on the server. It's much easier to use a Drake to steal Drake eggs. You can use a stamina drake (1500-2000 stam) for stealth or use drake with at least 10k HP & 500 melee and farm Venom for healing if you plan to fight your way in and out. 

You have to know your escape route after picking up an egg, things can get hectic so memorize it and execute it once you picked one up. Once you put the egg to safety, do a suicide on your character to remove aggro from the drakes so the next time you go there they won't chase you unless you engage.

And DON'T put the egg on your Drake's inventory, because the wild drakes will probably aggro on your drake if you do and I don't know how to lose the aggro. Also putting the egg on your drake will re-aggro the wild drakes.

The easiest and quickest way is with a rock drake of your own.

Start at the beginning of the nest where there is a giant skeleton. Go in cloaked and use the pounce to move between walls in the crevice with drake egg nests. When you get to an egg, park your drake next to it facing out so you can escape fast. Know your route out, which should be back towards the bones and straight up the sheer cliff face. 

Use first person view to check the egg level if you only want eggs for hatching. When you find a good egg and you're parked facing out, decloak and regen stamina to full. Dismount so you land right next to the egg, grab it, and get back on your drake as fast as possible. This is where it gets tricky, because rock drakes don't always do what you want them to do. When facing the skeleton bones, there is a wall to the right of it and you want to glide straight there, cloak, and pounce up the wall. Keep traveling up until you find the first spot that allows you to stop and regenerate stamina. By now you should have lost aggro if you were fast enough, or only have 1 drake chasing you to kill. Rinse and repeat to get eggs for hatching or taming basilisks.

If you find yourself trapped in a nest alcove with aggro, and half a dozen or more drakes are attacking you/ blocking the way out, you can either bite them all to death or pounce through them to escape. Killing them all is difficult and risky, even with high stats, great saddle, and 100% imprint. Spamming the attack button to pounce out will often times result in the immediate death of multiple drakes attacking you, because direct pounce hits do massive damage.

It takes a bit of practice but once you get the hang of it, it's not too bad. Make sure to bring an extra radiation suit and good luck!

So I have started up on Aberration and working to get a rockdrake egg.

Most videos I see are of people getting them with rockdrake and doesn't help my situation.

I've tried to go down with wingsuits, climbing picks and suits. I make it to the point of getting an egg and try to make my way to the spine to climb up but get wrecked and rockdrakes that hit me in the air sending me right to the floor.

Has anyone found a good way of getting your first egg?

Much easier if you have back up and not nessesarily easy on official if the ways blocked. The way I did it was went down with a tribe mate on spinos and took a spare spino for the mate boost. Walked all the way down to the drake trench. There are some nests that are reachable without deacending into the main trench where you can not get the spinos back out. Take out any drake you can once you get close to the drake nests, makes fighting back once you grab an egg much easier. Grab what you can and wreck any drake which aggroes when you steal an egg. Then get out before the radiation or mass of drakes get you. 

When we went down for eggs we had spinos, karkinos and megalos, all high lvl and best saddles possible.

After you get your rock drake go reaper hunting, get yourself a good reaper baby. I'm talking 130+ queen.

When you raise your reaper you can go solo and not give a poop about any wild rock drake anymore xd It shreds them.

Archived