the old ark or new ark?

drdino234

so i wanna say thank you for every one look at my other posts thank you!

so what do you like the old ark with the core dinos no tek and all that

are the new ark with all the tek and moded dinos  

in my opinion i like the new ark because of the story, thanks for reading bye now!

what map would you like to play out of all of them? ad, rag, se, ect

On 6/29/2018 at 4:26 PM, drdino234 said:

so i wanna say thank you for every one look at my other posts thank you!

so what do you like the old ark with the core dinos no tek and all that

are the new ark with all the tek and moded dinos  

in my opinion i like the new ark becues of the story    thanks for reading bye now!

I liked Ark a lot better before it was released as a full game last year but that doesn't mean i dont enjoy playing it now. Im not worried about tek or no tek. But i liked old school ark. Its hard to get a tribe going now most people dont want to grind on official anymore.

14 hours ago, Vengecide said:

I liked Ark a lot better before it was released as a full game last year but that doesn't mean i dont enjoy playing it now. Im not worried about tek or no tek. But i liked old school ark. Its hard to get a tribe going now most people dont want to grind on official anymore.

So true. I think that the people who grind have moved on to longer tribes and everyone else just tries to steal everything lol.

I prefered the days without tek though. I dont really see it as a super op thing (heck ive never actually seen people use it seriously) but i just liked the theme of the game more back when the ark was still a island. I got into ark  a long time ago after watching frankieonpc do a small ark series and i feel like he captured the feeling of the game perfectly in those videos. since then i've felt like ark has been getting away from that feeling. I still enjoy it however ?

I miss the good old times, when ark come out on xbox (early access) u came on a new server, then u had to grow up and u had the knowledge that theres a amount of players like 100. So u know ur opponent. And now there are griefers and megatribes who ruin the game. On the old ark no one was raiding u cuz u had some alli friends and that kind of stuff.. Just a question of time where ur base is gone..

make some server where u cant trans dinos and chars and items

and offline raid protection

amd everything is fine

Guest DJRone89
On 7/1/2018 at 5:15 PM, ChargingParacerParacer said:

Old. The pre-flyer nerf days when it was still in early access and still had the potential to be amazing. now it's 'complete' yet still broke in a lot of ways and too much content is worse than it used to be.

Lol people still can’t let go of the flyer nerf hahaha

Not going to lie old ark was pretty fun running around with clubs n stuff, that's when I had real good times raiding little stone bases and when pvp was kind of small scale. However I still love the new meta of massive tribe wars transferring 50 odd people and setting up a fob to attack your enemys. However the lag can be annoying. Either way I'm all for the tek stuff lol I love sci-fi and It fits ark quite well (being on a space station and all) It makes for some interesting PvP.

Now the arks were made for all extinct life, but specifically for humans that became extinction. Arks were made to fix earth  and rebuild humanity or the new evolved humans. I'm just wondering what extinction will be like in PvP official servers.. I'm wondering if  the map will be extremely PvE oriented for the bosses and stuff similary to how aberration is. I've seen some sort of pattern each DLC has become more PvE oriented which is kind of annoying.  What base locations will be available , and what new OP items will be added for PvP

Either way we will get to know the real truth of the arks and story of ARK when Extinction is realised but I really hope they start saying more about extinction DLC in the coming months.

• 1 month later...

I prefer the old ark. Seems like nobody actually plays the game with punching trees and taming and actually having to work their way up to things anymore. Everyone just buys all their dinos and bp's and everything. Nothing wrong with a little trading here and there but to buy all your stuff just isn't playing the game imo.

On 7/3/2018 at 5:05 AM, Goaty said:

Not going to lie old ark was pretty fun running around with clubs n stuff, that's when I had real good times raiding little stone bases and when pvp was kind of small scale.

Spawn in the south on a smalltribe server. They're like rabid hyena like zombies, with NO LOrd of the Flies (no Alpha tribe), yet in a Jurassic Park environment. 

Old Ark! Reasons: no stupid fantasy-creatures, Dodos fighting back, no stupid mechanics like getting dismounted every 5 minutes, no eels, no jellyfish, no Tek-crap, less a**holes on the servers and so on and so on.

Anybody remembers the early Plesiosaur-taming method without scuba? Eat your lazarus chowder, lure it down to a cave, get on a ledge and shoot it until it's out - without the annoying running away-mechanic. :D

Archived