Steam User - How do I PREVENT mods from ever downloading?

Jemcrystal

[ PVE ]

Actually not everyone on unofficial is running mods.  Just 99%.  I would really like the ability to deny certain mods.  I don't want guns.  I am okay with logging in with a pet but all the other stuff is  way over the top.  This is ridiculous silly that I get no choice in what mods/addons are loading into my pc. 

THE REASON WE GO UNOFFICIAL IS HOPING FOR BETTER NODE DROPS AND LESS HARD/HIGH LEVEL DINOS.  Not to mod ourselves to freakn death.  Trying out different servers get me well over a 100 mods in a few minutes.  This is crap organization.  I want to shut off mod downloads and have a popup that tells me if an unofficial is modded BEFORE IT DOWNLOADS THE MOD ON MY PC.

Official is to hard.  The only chance to play with others is on the unofficials.  THIS REALLY NEEDS FIXED.

Btw MADGFP-2 TheIsland is running a NOT MODDED unOfficial.

@Jemcrystal Okay, so what you really want to achieve then is understanding which servers are running mods, and which servers are not running mods. Agreed Arks join system is ridiculous, but I don't think even makes the top 50 list of fixes the game needs.

However there's a pretty good work around in your case that just requires a little extra effort. For any server you're thinking of trying, look it up on BattleMetrics.com, mods used are listed on the server's specific page, and frankly a ton of other info I find helpful when deciding on a new server to play. You simply need to check that there are no mods running (or that you're okay with the mods that are running), it even links to the mods steam page so you can see what things are. You can even join straight from battle metrics and skip the join system in Ark altogether.

Two caveats - First is, the mod list isn't always/usually perfect, but I think it will be highly accurate for your purposes of, "is this server running mods yes/no?" Second I've found some wonkiness with their search function, if you're having trouble looking up the server you're interested in, make sure you are searching for the EXACT server name, capitalization and characters included. Someone else may know more about the search quirks on battle metrics, but when in doubt that always seems to work for me.

Find unofficial community with a discord for easy communication. Meet the people admins etc, review mod list and rules. Then check server stats on battlemetrics uptime and population. Then join server.

Reddit has an ark server ad section. Look for no mods, or low mods.

Some servers have 20-30+ mods. Some people like waiting forever to load into the game. 

Archived