poplava

Manticore landing still not fixed??

Seriously devs?? This has been reported god knows how many times, we have lost our rexes 5-6 weeks ago and never done the manticore since. 

Today we went to try again with leveled rexes (17k base, 585% melee base) and beta manticore didnt even get to 80% of hp but was forever trying to land.

http://prntscr.com/k0joso

Is this a joke to you devs? It takes atleast 5 days of our life to raise these just so they can die to a bug that was reported months ago?

• Facepalm 1

Definitely doesn't have the behavior of dragon landing but isn't this landing behavior because it's trying to relocate a target to land next to, so if everyone is moving then he has to keep relocating. I know this happens on rag and our fix has been simply just standing still and waiting for it to land. I actually am attempting beta/alpha manticore likely later this week on our unofficial server on scorched earth and will try the same thing there hoping for the same results.

Guest chancho33015

Let me tell you....i stayed still...landed one time. This manticore has a bad AI. Also, if people leave dinos on oby they still go to the boss fight...so yah, Developers havend even finish the  game. This is still beta on my eyes. 

Problems lingering still: Cloning chamber, duplication, boss arena glitches (often with flyers not landing one time even if you stay still, also other peopels dinos, also not taking tribemates with th proper level, and more), also breeding (tricks people use), and more. I have to say this because after breeding came out it still has the same problems. Nothing has trully change exept that now you can somwhat sleep....but still...many things that are not properly balance. I am not surprice that people have problems with manticore...sometimes it never lands...even if you are still. Since they "Fixed IT" they broke it. Why cant we trap it? i mean, they might as well take tools that guaranteed doing it right so we die all the time lol

It looks like a joke, but then @Jen and @Jatheish have never been determined for their player base. I'm sure by now they have a bet of who can piss off more players. 

Absolute zero communication unless they can tweet something stupid, they are first to do that but telling us what bugs are worked on or addressing any of the issues that were done by their changes? Hell no, that would require some responsibility and actually give a damn.

It was a great game but looks like Studio Wild Card aims to make remarkably painful. 

When you introduced a buggy AI for flyers, you should revert it and work again not just let it be there for a couple of weeks or months before you get to break it even more.

The current SWC approach is pathetic, to say the least

Edited by WhiteCrow
  • Like 5

14 minutes ago, WhiteCrow said:

It looks like a joke, but then @Jen and @Jatheish have never been determined for their player base. I'm sure by now they have a bet of who can piss off more players. 

Absolute zero communication unless they can tweet something stupid, they are first to do that but telling us what bugs are worked on or addressing any of the issues that were done by their changes? Hell no, that would require some responsibility and actually give a damn.

It was a great game but looks like Studio Wild Card aims to make remarkably painful. 

When you introduced a buggy AI for flyers, you should revert it and work again not just let it be there for a couple of weeks or months before you get to break it even more.

The current SWV approach is pathetic, to say the least

this

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, WhiteCrow said:

Aye. Why fix a bug tho when they can just add more instead... like effing up Manticore battle even worse, apparently ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Lost another alpha rag fight yesterday. This is getting really old. Just make the damn thing land for XX% of the boss fight. How is that hard?

and why can I take a light pet in and get murdered unless I throw it on the ground?  How the hell does that make sense?

On 7/5/2018 at 6:36 AM, WhiteCrow said:

That's hardly a conversation they have, if anything it does more like "what can we do to stop our player-base from dropping so fast but also bring in new players. . . A new DLC! no need for "us" to fix our older maps, we can just bring out a new one with its own problems and make hollow promises to fix them as we go" 

• Like 1

we lost our boss team to buggy beta manti yesterday too. and before we had many successful runs, so we knew what we were doing. I guess we were just lucky before. this time it was landing all the time for 0,5 seconds  and taking off again (before anyone would start moving), sometimes it tried to land but couldnt, even though it was enough space and no one was moving. . we are two people, so it wasnt enough time to kill it with shotguns (we wlways have good shotties with us and bunch of ammo). not like we are surprised, because lots of people on our server complain about loosing their teams all the time. just trying to bring attention of devs to this topic and warn others

Yep. Two tribes I know wiped over the weekend and we beat it with 4 seconds left thanks to a bit of lag that stuck it flying above the rexes long enough to get the last bites in and take it down. 

We’re close to trying argies only to see how they do. Change it up a bit on strategy to eliminate the no landing issue. 

On 8/20/2018 at 5:20 PM, flamron said:

Yep. Two tribes I know wiped over the weekend and we beat it with 4 seconds left thanks to a bit of lag that stuck it flying above the rexes long enough to get the last bites in and take it down. 

We’re close to trying argies only to see how they do. Change it up a bit on strategy to eliminate the no landing issue. 

We used to use argies all the time for beta manti and we loved it. But after patch v279.275 (where flyers AI was changed) we went to do the boss with our battle birds as usual and it was terrible. Argies were landing all the time, instead of fighting manticore, which never ever happened before. We barely made it with just few seconds left in the end. So we used only rexes after that...

10 hours ago, MotherOfRaptors said:

We used to use argies all the time for beta manti and we loved it. But after patch v279.275 (where flyers AI was changed) we went to do the boss with our battle birds as usual and it was terrible. Argies were landing all the time, instead of fighting manticore, which never ever happened before. We barely made it with just few seconds left in the end. So we used only rexes after that...

It’s a loss either way I suppose. We may have time to run them today. Were the argies on follow and attack?  I think that would keep them from landing maybe?

17 minutes ago, flamron said:

It’s a loss either way I suppose. We may have time to run them today. Were the argies on follow and attack?  I think that would keep them from landing maybe?

Might be different for argies, but wyverns land, no matter if on follow and attack / not follow and attack. Having them follow and whistling passive makes them fly, but as soon as you whistle attack they start landing again :/