poplava

Manticore landing still not fixed??

Can confirm this is still an issue. Done the manitcore plenty of times before, but this time, it landed once at the beginning for a normal amount of time. We got it to maybe 4/5 or 3/4 HP, and then never landed again. All it did was the dive bombs where it LOOKED  like it was about to land and then immediately took off again. I love losing all my dinos to a bug.

I just always take shotguns, longnecks, assault rifles, etc.  Honestly shotguns might be best because of the sheer size of manti, you dont "miss" with too many pellets and the damage is rather high!  If we do it, we go with 3+ people and 3 shotguns with 200 ammo each is enough to put a severe hurting on him if he thinks hes gonna outsmart us and stay in the air.

That is not to say that we haven't lost 2 Rex armies to it.  It stings to see your screenshots @poplava, because I've seen it myself...  And know how the preceding 15+ minutes of just sitting, tortuously nervous that you are waiting to see your army die, feels like.

I play on Ragnarock 383, when I was going to prepare to make the boss in the alpha my friend sent me a message that I had lost all Rexes waiting for Maticora to land, notice we made this boss a thousand times, and every time it was the even suffocate until the manticore lands, so that after the last update what was bad just got worse.

On 2/15/2019 at 12:39 PM, TravisMichael said:

I did Gamma Ragnarok boss fight not too long ago and I didn't hav much trouble with the Manticore. I'll post a link to a vid of it below in case you want to see it.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=990975610395&id=62400633

It's not really predictable, which is the problem.  You can have 4 or 5 successful boss runs in a row but all it takes is one, and you are out many many hours of raising Rexs and hundreds of thousands of hide...  And not because your Rexs were inferior, or because you didn't do the fight right, but because you don't actually get to face off against the Manticore.

4 minutes ago, TheDonn said:

It's not really predictable, which is the problem.  You can have 4 or 5 successful boss runs in a row but all it takes is one, and you are out many many hours of raising Rexs and hundreds of thousands of hide...  And not because your Rexs were inferior, or because you didn't do the fight right, but because you don't actually get to face off against the Manticore.

Well I've farmed the Ragnarok boss fight fight several times (on all difficulties) since I made that video I posted. I have never lost a Rex and the Manticore lands quite often. 

1 minute ago, TravisMichael said:

Well I've farmed the Ragnarok boss fight fight several times (on all difficulties) since I made that video I posted. I have never lost a Rex and the Manticore lands quite often. 

That is cool.  But again, if people are still having problems with it staying in the air, even you are still at risk of losing your Rexs.  So your success aside, it still needs to be fixed.

Yeah it's iffy. 4 out of 5 is good then bang he doesnt wanna land. I just had one where he didnt want to land. He got stuck between the wall and a rock pillar and just wouldnt move. Stayed there for a few minutes then decided to unstick himself. touched ground flew off and went to dame spot and got stuck again only lower. Was able to ger soe bites in before he decided to unstick himself again.  Was down to the last 2 minutes before he actually died. So happens I brought the full 19 and 1 yuty for gamma that day so it saved me.

12 hours ago, Lostpages said:

Fix the Damn Manticore!

11 good fights, 1 bad one.

But 1 bad fight costs me 19 rexes and a yut. Up his damage, up his health. Do what you have to do.

BUT MAKE HIM LAND.

Damn dude.  That's what I've been saying...  You can say its fine for tons and tons of bossruns.  But when he doesn't land for a single one, you are sooo hosed.

Sorry for your loss.

On 6/29/2018 at 6:37 AM, poplava said:

Seriously devs?? This has been reported god knows how many times, we have lost our rexes 5-6 weeks ago and never done the manticore since. 

Today we went to try again with leveled rexes (17k base, 585% melee base) and beta manticore didnt even get to 80% of hp but was forever trying to land.

http://prntscr.com/k0joso

Is this a joke to you devs? It takes atleast 5 days of our life to raise these just so they can die to a bug that was reported months ago?

Done the manticore alpha solo well over 200 times on official and there's nothing wrong with the manti core, U just don't know how to do it properly. Get a more experienced player to teach U before trying

Would also NOT take any advice on how to do it from people on this forum, it's ALL wrong, including the junk on this page.

Edited by MostSpy

I defiantly agree with everyone in this topic, the manticore does have problems landing but there are ways to help make it land. For starters you only bring land creatures if you bring any flyers the manticore will target them instead and will just stay in the air, instead have your land army just stay still which forces the manticore to come to you and eventually land right next to you.

However this method doesn't work all the time becuase the manticore sometimes just bugs out but it is one of the best methods to use to get the manticore to land.

10 hours ago, MostSpy said:

Done the manticore alpha solo well over 200 times on official and there's nothing wrong with the manti core, U just don't know how to do it properly. Get a more experienced player to teach U before trying

Would also NOT take any advice on how to do it from people on this forum, it's ALL wrong, including the junk on this page.

You’re ridiculous. It’s broken. Why don’t you enlighten us with your magical strategy to winning against a bugged dino instead of taking the high and mighty road?  

I know why. Because you’re wrong...

• Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 2

I've found that the more spread out your dinos are the more often it lands. If you have all your Rexs in one spot waiting for it to land it tends not to land.

I've seen quite often when they are all huddled but one Rex is far from the others on its own, whether it's with a rider or not the Manticore tends to land near that one. Once they are all spread out i've seen it land frequently. This is on Ragnarok btw but it's the same thing as SE.

7 hours ago, GP said:

I've found that the more spread out your dinos are the more often it lands. If you have all your Rexs in one spot waiting for it to land it tends not to land.

I've seen quite often when they are all huddled but one Rex is far from the others on its own, whether it's with a rider or not the Manticore tends to land near that one. Once they are all spread out i've seen it land frequently. This is on Ragnarok btw but it's the same thing as SE.

We ran beta Valguero last weekend and Manticore got “stuck” in the air. We used shotguns to take it down to a small sliver and had 12 minutes left. So we tried everything to get it to aggro. Dismounted all dinos spread out as much as we could, bunched together mounted/dismounted, left, right, backside, etc. 

What finally got it “unstuck” was one of use climbing up to the tallest point and then using the glide suit to fly up into the manticore. Once that happened at 2 minutes left, it activated aggro on the person and then came back down. 

Its almost like when a dino aggros on a structured and chews constantly with no regard to anything else - until you get close enough anyways. 

So if it gets stuck, try to fly up to it or around it to aggro it again. It worked for us once, not sure if it’s a reliable fix.