Dedicated Server issues are being ignored

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 7/4/2019 at 12:54 PM, Tom77795 said:

I feel your struggle. I myself personally bought a 2nd xbox like 2 and a half years ago just so i could use one to host Ark with and one of the issues is the same as you mentioned it goes unjoinable to others randomly. 

However that issue is not even the biggest concern to me. The fact that everytime i would restart the server everything would get wiped all dinos buildings etc bugs like this are extreme and make it unplayable. 

What really surprises me is that there is no saving issue for single player so all these bugs that literally make it unplayable makes me think the Devs put them in on purpose to push for people to buy server renting OR That the Devs just straight up don’t give a crap about the player base and actually fixing these major issues.

some other issues is that sometimes after a reset if everything is not wiped it is simply just not owned by anyone and the admin commands to reclaim does not work which also just ruins the whole experience of the game.

these bugs have been around for at least 2 years now in some shapes and form. 

Bottom line is you can’t host a server using another xbox.

and judging from all these threads it seems to me hosting from a PC is very unereliable as well.

at this point i am honestly convinced Wildcard does not give a crap and is just wanting to get as much money as they can while giving half assed updates and literally no feedback to the community.

At least be thankful you did not buy Ark on the nintendo Switch because on the Switch the whole game is actually hot garbage. The textures look like clay game the framerate is so low might as well be looking at a powerpoint presentation. 

So yeah if Wildcard releases a game completely unplayable for a console like the switch of course they know how it looks they test for this stuff and clearly don’t care so 

so yeah to summarize Wildcard is just in it for the money and give no crap about the playerbase and it comes down to this they ruined a wonderful game and the only way to actually play it now and enjoy it is to basically rent a server. 

To anyone reading this conan exiles is a game like Ark just no dinos however that game actually runs smooth and playable and the devs listen to the playerbase.

these are my 2 cents on the matter. Guaranteed no Wildcard staff will actually bother to read it or to respond to these issues. Been over 2 years and these bugs just get worse and worse.

that’s all i have to say.

TL;DR: ark is unplayable pretty much unplayable unless you choose to rent a server or play in one in which case the game runs like a charm for the most part. 

Never host from windows 10. You have backups, but you're just asking to have your clients suffer.
Dedicated isn't as unstable but all the issues arise from the fact that with the weird way that Xbox and PS4 saves the files it tends to corrupt them a lot, forcing people to either start over or quit the game, or switch platforms. Most try switching to another console but then they realize that PS4 has the same issues as Xbox. Then those players either rent servers or quit the game, which means Wildcard not only cashed in from the copies of the game, but the DLC as well as the revenue they get from Nitrado hosted servers.
Another thing. Ever since the full release of the game, a lot of the dedicated issues have gotten a lot worse, but this may just be me. It's on all platforms btw. Each one has their own set of issues with a lot of console's issues coming from the terrible hardware and the only partial solution if to upgrade to an Xbox One X. It won't save you from the lack of backups on Dedicated and Single Player games, which then forces the players to rent servers to get around these issues. I'm not going to be biased here, but if you want to play by yourself and have backups, PC really is your only option. Unless you want to shell out lots of money per month to rent a server.
I've been playing Ark since 2015. When it was just on PC, Wildcard was putting so much effort into the game. Over 4 years later now, they don't give a crap.
You should also see what Abstraction Games said about ARK on Switch, Wildcard FORCED them to release it in it's nearly unplayable state!

• 11 months later...

any updates on this issue?

It's 2020, I have a functional server running on windows 10 via xbox game pass. Server is joinable for a little while then becomes unjoinable. Right now my friend (whose on xbox) is playing on the server while I am unable to join. This tells me it's still completely operational but is showing as unjoinable. Since the Ark session list is very unreliable and random, we only join through 'join game' on my xbox silver acc that's hosting the server - the option to join just disappears.

My friend just sent me an invite from within the server but it just leads me to "this game no longer exists"..

If this issue isn't resolved after the 2+ years that this thread has been created, I'll either quit the game or go back to non-dedicated servers (which are a bad experience as well)

Archived