Raft building

KodahWomble

Well the guy in that video is using console his hotbar has the icons.. So it works for him 

Im on steam so i cant test console sorry.. But on steam whenever i build rafts i do it the way that guy does.. Except i dont use fencefoundation i just use a pillar placed freehand, ermm.. Also my version is a little different i put down more ceilings and pillars..

Build the 3x3 then pillars on the 8 outside foundations going up... Ceilings ontop of those pillars.. Then Ceilings outwards.. Then another pillar down from the ceiling and a foundation attached to the pillar that will snap to the existing foundations.. Then demo the pillars and the foundations should stay like how i built my barge i dont think it would be different on console..

JPEG_20170611_100425-747x1328.jpg

Sorry, this is mobile that I’m on. I just haven’t seen anything discussing raft building and extending for mobile specifically, so I’ve been trying the console methods without any luck. I just don’t know if it’s even possible, since it sounds like they’ve changed some things for the mobile version. I’ll give your method a try.

i don't know if all methods to extend raft building is all the same but maybe you can try following this video, and Yes i've tried this on ARK mobile and it worked for me.

here's my raft that i build with those methods, i'm using it to taming and exploring the map for resources XD (sorry for lowres screenshoot)

36446332_10204708407746338_4401992147234979840_n.jpg

36396821_10204708407266326_2395249363434602496_n.jpg

On 6/28/2018 at 10:37 PM, Phyrist said:

Ah shoot my bad i didnt realize was Mobile.. I usually skim the All Activity.. My phone doesnt seem to be able to run the mobile so i cant test for you either 

Hey, no problem. The method you described worked where others weren’t, so it was super helpful. I ended up extending the back one row and the front one and then adding a middle second level. Glad I didn’t try to go bigger, if the mobile build limit is that much lower.

It’d be nice if there was a mobile specific guide, since the more I play the more I find is different from the PC/console versions. I get the need for some things to be adjusted, though some are pretty annoying, especially when playing SP. pretty sure the raft build limit on PC/console is 88, so it’s disappointing to learn that mobile is 65. That’s a big difference.

5 hours ago, KodahWomble said:

Hey, no problem. The method you described worked where others weren’t, so it was super helpful. I ended up extending the back one row and the front one and then adding a middle second level. Glad I didn’t try to go bigger, if the mobile build limit is that much lower.

It’d be nice if there was a mobile specific guide, since the more I play the more I find is different from the PC/console versions. I get the need for some things to be adjusted, though some are pretty annoying, especially when playing SP. pretty sure the raft build limit on PC/console is 88, so it’s disappointing to learn that mobile is 65. That’s a big difference.

Sorry my bad, I quoted 65 limit from a video I watched on YouTube, but after counting my own raft (which I believe is maxed), I counted 85. I might have missed a couple of pieces because it’s difficult to see them all, but looks like it would also be 88.

• 5 months later...

Archived