New Rag server

Hello all, 

My wife and i decided to pick ark back up again after waiting for the TLC updates.

We decided to start a fresh rag server with the possibility of abb in the next week or so and the new expansion when released added to the cluster with similar rates. 

We play on the US west coast hours vary but usually around PST peak times. We have 3 kids and full time jobs so play time might be sporadic but we usually find some time. 

We hope for a laid back community to trade , share and have fun with.  Eventually we would like to progress into doing boss fights with the community.  

The server specs are as follows =

Server name =   low key friendly NA hosted. 150 max. Boosts in motd

Difficulty 5 (150 max dino)

Harvest ×3 Dino harvest x6

Taming x5 dino hunger while taming slightly increased

Exp x5

Egg hatch 45

Mating .01

Maturation 45

Should always be able to attain 100 imprint however if there is issues we can tweak it. 

Weight per lvl of player and dino slightly raised

There are some other slight tweaks for quality of life as we understand everyone has a life outside ark to maintain . 

Hope to see some new faces soon!

I tried to message you but I guess you can’t receive messages yet.  I don’t want to steal from the main topic anyways I was looking into renting a server as well. I am researching it. I’m like you guys I have 1 kid and another on the way. I have no time to play on official servers. Anyways if I start one and it grows you can cluster with other server’s right? I’m not asking to join yours I mean if that works out than cool but just asking because I know my guys that are in my tribe that would want to join me would want some PVP. So if you found like minded people that had the same setup then you can cluster with them right? If my question is confusing let me know. I’m at work doing 3 things at once. 

Okay cool yeah I figured a bunch out last night working with it. My friend and I decided to rent a rag server for a month to see how it is. We are part of a mega tribe but are getting tired of the crazy lag with the base we have and are looking to do something new. We would like to find a community of people that are like minded. We have about 5-10 people interested in what we start but of course they want to see what happens before they jump over.

Decided to cluster a pvp island map with the same boosts today.

I thought it might be fun to have a map to run caves on while having a pvp element thrown into the mix.  Rag will remain pve.

Assuming no problems arise from this set up I will keep it this way going forward. 

If any like minded server hosts are out there I'd be interested in adding SE or ABB to the cluster.. would prefer to be similar boosts ideally. 

21 hours ago, Slapsht2000 said:

Decided to cluster a pvp island map with the same boosts today.

I thought it might be fun to have a map to run caves on while having a pvp element thrown into the mix.  Rag will remain pve.

Assuming no problems arise from this set up I will keep it this way going forward. 

If any like minded server hosts are out there I'd be interested in adding SE or ABB to the cluster.. would prefer to be similar boosts ideally. 

Adding the island to your cluster is a great move. That will allow players who wish to move to tek to utilize more of it since a good majority of the engrams are unlocked through island bosses. 

I recently changed my maturation from 40 to 20 because some dinos were reaching juvenile without needing food. Just kinda took away some of the challenge. For imprinting, I don't know what your cuddle interval is but at 40x maturation I found .1 cuddle allowed full imprint on anything with the first session being around 47minutes. Others I've messed with have been 20x maturation with .2 and 10x with .4. Seems to be a pattern but it works. Also I put my egg hatch at 50 because that allows exactly 1 hr for giga eggs to hatch. 

Thank you for the info myosapien.  I tried just recently switched the breeding to 50 and the cuddle to .0464 as I was having a hard time with the previous set up getting 100%. I will maybe give the 40 /.1 a whirl .

You are right it does take away when you can raise a wyvern without any milk. Personally my goal is to find a setting that allows me to raise a dino within a few hours for the most part but with some challenge to it.  Official settings and RL don't coincide very well though. 

31 minutes ago, Slapsht2000 said:

Thank you for the info myosapien.  I tried just recently switched the breeding to 50 and the cuddle to .0464 as I was having a hard time with the previous set up getting 100%. I will maybe give the 40 /.1 a whirl .

You are right it does take away when you can raise a wyvern without any milk. Personally my goal is to find a setting that allows me to raise a dino within a few hours for the most part but with some challenge to it.  Official settings and RL don't coincide very well though. 

No problem. With 20x and .2 you get full imprint. Rexes & Wyverns grow in 4hrs 45 min, quetzal 9hrs 35min and giga in 15 hrs. I used SA Companion app and played with the numbers.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello Folks,  just wanted to do a quick update to hopefully drive more traffic to the cluster.  As of now there are 2 maps pve rag and pve island.  We have a few active tribes on rag and so far just 2 on the island.  

Having a good time with the folks that play here and if you're considering joining I can put together a small welcome package for you.  Currently I spend most of my time on the island running caves and getting ready to do bosses.   Look forward to seeing some new faces!

Archived