sequel Why not a Narrative game for ARK 2 or a Spin-off ?

Supertoto

I was thinking about ARK and it's potential sequel and I think that an Adventure/Narrative game would be awesome, he can also be a spin-off! The game would be called "ARK: Chronicles" sort of episodic, each episode would have the name of the survivor being played, and by survivor, I mean a survivor from the Explorer Notes (like Helena, Rockwell, Diana,...). As they develop an episode of "ARK: Chronicles", they will still be able to develop new content for the original survival game! So, every episode would put us in the shoes of a survivor from the Explorer Notes:

First Episode: "ARK: Chronicles - Helena" (I'm not good at creating titles): We could play Helena's arrival on the Island until the end of her story in Extinction, or maybe even go beyond Extinction. We would see why not sequences where Helena studies dinosaurs and create the famous Dino Dossier, her meeting with the other characters and her Ascensions.

Second Episode: "ARK: Chronicles - Rockwell": Like Helena, we could play his arrival on The Island until its transformation in Aberration, we would know a little more about his reasons to inject himself with Element. We could see sequences where Rockwell studies the plants and create the famous Rockwell recipes.

Third Episode: "ARK: Chronicles - Mei-Yin Li": Like the others, we could play his arrival too until the end of her story. We could find out more about his taming skills and the reason why everyone calls her the "Queen Beast".

And others Episodes for others characters like Diana.

The characters who have not survived for a long time could appear in the episodes of the main characters such as Nerva (who was present only on The Island) or Rusty (who is the teammate of Diana on Aberration). That means there would be 3 or 4 main episodes!

I really want to know more about their story because in an ARK: Survival Evolved, we arrive well after the events of the Explorer Notes and it's a survival game, so the story is only in the background! I think a sequel or a Spin-off where we would play their story would be really interesting! The story is very rich and very interesting and I think that in ARK it is not sufficiently exploited, which is really a shame because it has a real potential! 

I'd like to know your opinion on that, and if anyone from Studio Wildcard reads this I'd also like to know a lot about yours !

Oh another story piece the notes in the game state the helena knew maxwell, mei-ying, nerva, ( i know i missed some but i have only played on the island and googled the story from the other games).

and we know that nerva is a roman soilder, mei’ying is from ancient china, and we can asuume max well and helena are from around the same time period give or take a hundreed years, i hope that if this idea were to be done it would answer lore questions like who built the arks and why, (provided thats not answered in the upcoming expansion).

but anyways i would play a game that explained the story better.

Did some digging now this may not be true but SPOILER if, what i read is true those who built the ark are evolved humans called homo deus who are facing extinction the arks were desinged to have humans ascend and become homo deus, at least if what i read is true which means the game is most likely set in the future, since the game refrences the romans, ancient china, ancient egypt, and american colonists around when they first came to america, so if they made a game like mentoind above it woulde either show charecter relations or explain the fall of homo deus provided that what i read is true. Ps i think i got off topic.

22 hours ago, Reinsnitz said:

a narative game... I would never buy it, after minecraft story mode... nah... I bought the game and all expansions on 2 platforms caus I love it and want to support it, but no... not story mode ark... no.

Why ? There’s a story behind ark ! But I understand that you don’t like narrative games

7 minutes ago, ArianaGaming said:

Hello,

I am sure the game ARK will live on. If I could add my most wanted feature it would be cross platform leaderboards. But yes people would abuse that as well. I am sure that would make PvP even more crazy.

But yes leaderboards ARK style.

Regards,

Ariana 

That's not the subject of this thread but why not

ARK is good because you don't have some crappy story interfering with your gameplay. Hardly anyone that plays this cares about the story. I don't know about Rockwell other then when I kill him its +15 levels. That's all I need to care about. Same goes for dinos I know they each come with some story but what most players care about is what it does and how do I kill it.

On 7/1/2018 at 5:52 PM, ForzaProiettile said:

ARK is good because you don't have some crappy story interfering with your gameplay. Hardly anyone that plays this cares about the story. I don't know about Rockwell other then when I kill him its +15 levels. That's all I need to care about. Same goes for dinos I know they each come with some story but the only most players care about is what it does and how do I kill it.

By "players" you mean you ?

On 6/27/2018 at 12:10 PM, Supertoto said:

I was thinking about ARK and it's potential sequel and I think that an Adventure/Narrative game would be awesome, he can also be a spin-off! The game would be called "ARK: Chronicles" sort of episodic, each episode would have the name of the survivor being played, and by survivor, I mean a survivor from the Explorer Notes (like Helena, Rockwell, Diana,...). As they develop an episode of "ARK: Chronicles", they will still be able to develop new content for the original survival game! So, every episode would put us in the shoes of a survivor from the Explorer Notes:

First Episode: "ARK: Chronicles - Helena" (I'm not good at creating titles): We could play Helena's arrival on the Island until the end of her story in Extinction, or maybe even go beyond Extinction. We would see why not sequences where Helena studies dinosaurs and create the famous Dino Dossier, her meeting with the other characters and her Ascensions.

Second Episode: "ARK: Chronicles - Rockwell": Like Helena, we could play his arrival on The Island until its transformation in Aberration, we would know a little more about his reasons to inject himself with Element. We could see sequences where Rockwell studies the plants and create the famous Rockwell recipes.

Third Episode: "ARK: Chronicles - Mei-Yin Li": Like the others, we could play his arrival too until the end of her story. We could find out more about his taming skills and the reason why everyone calls her the "Queen Beast".

And others Episodes for others characters like Diana.

The characters who have not survived for a long time could appear in the episodes of the main characters such as Nerva (who was present only on The Island) or Rusty (who is the teammate of Diana on Aberration). That means there would be 3 or 4 main episodes!

I really want to know more about their story because in an ARK: Survival Evolved, we arrive well after the events of the Explorer Notes and it's a survival game, so the story is only in the background! I think a sequel or a Spin-off where we would play their story would be really interesting! The story is very rich and very interesting and I think that in ARK it is not sufficiently exploited, which is really a shame because it has a real potential! 

I'd like to know your opinion on that, and if anyone from Studio Wildcard reads this I'd also like to know a lot about yours !

They kind of did that with Ark Park even though it has little to do with the actual story of the game.  I think the talk of an Ark 2 at this point is ridiculous, Ark even though they claim it’s out of early access it is the farthest thing from the truth.  Ark has tons of bugs and Non implemented features that were promised for years at this point.  Knowing how shady indie developers work I’m assuming wild card will pull a Primal Carnage and screw it’s fan base by releasing a slightly modified version of the first game as a sequel.  Look up Primal Carnage and it’s sequel Primal Carnage extinction, that’s my money how an Ark 2 will work.

1 hour ago, RipRavage said:

They kind of did that with Ark Park even though it has little to do with the actual story of the game.  I think the talk of an Ark 2 at this point is ridiculous, Ark even though they claim it’s out of early access it is the farthest thing from the truth.  Ark has tons of bugs and Non implemented features that were promised for years at this point.  Knowing how shady indie developers work I’m assuming wild card will pull a Primal Carnage and screw it’s fan base by releasing a slightly modified version of the first game as a sequel.  Look up Primal Carnage and it’s sequel Primal Carnage extinction, that’s my money how an Ark 2 will work.

2 hours ago, FractalShard said:

You know why the narrative in ark currently works? It works becuase it's optional. Imagine Ark with an updated graphics engine and all those damn bugs gone. I would buy that over a railroad game.

2 hours ago, SublimeRaptor said:

Although I don't think ark should become a narrative, I do think the story needs to be presented better cause ark has a pretty interesting story but you can miss out on it entirely by not collecting the explorer notes.

I said a "SPIN-OFF" ! Not an actual sequel, that would make no sense to make a narrative sequel to a survival game

3 hours ago, Supertoto said:

I said a "SPIN-OFF" ! Not an actual sequel, that would make no sense to make a narrative sequel to a survival game

The title of the post has ARK 2 in it, so I thought it was appropriate to point out that ARK 2 shouldn’t even be on the radar at this point.  They need to focus on the core game and not sequels or spin offs.  They couldn’t even bother making ARK Park consistent with game lore.  They’ll just keep letting snail games make cheap ARK related games.

Archived