Extinction concerns

Surgat

The new expansion looks great in the trailer, I'll say that right away. However, after reading over the different highlights for the upcoming dino types a few thoughts have come to mind. For now, let's use the Enforcer for example. It will be possibly crafted or tamed (my bet if its a tame, it will "eat" element for kibble). Now that's all fine and such, but as of late several people such as myself have dropped the normal servers where you have Tek and are playing on no-tek servers. I implore that the developers keep individuals on such servers in mind when working on the new expansion. I wouldnt have any issues with fighting waves of hostile corrupted dinos in order to obtain element to use for taming the new creatures even if it takes a lot of effort. Some will just say to play on a regular server, but I ask you to keep in mind that some folks simply rather not deal with the tek features for various reasons.

Currently Tek is learned via killing bosses as everyone is aware of. Inanimate devices and nothing more than a simple tool. Not a single creature to date has relied on the use of any tek to acquire. So why should players forgo the work they have put in on their home servers just so they would be able to use the new dino which is synthetic? We have the means to create element on non tek servers with the charging stations, thought that would be a waste, and we now have tek rexes roaming around being tamed. I've played the normal tek servers and as stated, it just didnt have that much appeal to me. I chose to play without it and have voiced the concerns of many others besides myself.

I'm still confused... They are not dinos though and we know for sure the Scout is a craft while the Enforcer has yet to be determined. 

Organic dinos are just like normal??? 

I don't get what's the matter. I'm pretty sure prim player can get those at launch too unless it's a craft. Prim+ probably 6months after the release though... 

I mean, the crafted dinos are basically like the tek armor, you will be fine without. It makes no sense that you can craft a scout when you can't even make a turret. While the tameable should be tameable just fine no matter how futuristic they look. 

I don't get it... :Jerbfat:

Guest DJRone89
4 hours ago, Paroxyde said:

I'm still confused... They are not dinos though and we know for sure the Scout is a craft while the Enforcer has yet to be determined. 

Organic dinos are just like normal??? 

I don't get what's the matter. I'm pretty sure prim player can get those at launch too unless it's a craft. Prim+ probably 6months after the release though... 

I mean, the crafted dinos are basically like the tek armor, you will be fine without. It makes no sense that you can craft a scout when you can't even make a turret. While the tameable should be tameable just fine no matter how futuristic they look. 

I don't get it... :Jerbfat:

I’m in the same boat. OP wants the devs to change the new DLC taming mechanics to suit their individual needs.

I’ve drawn the conclusion that they think it’s unfair that people like them who choose to play a different way than intended, get punished for their actions.

1 hour ago, GP said:

I'm personally hoping that you craft it rather than tame it. We've got loads of taming methods for other creatures on the other DLC's, lets just go fully in another direction and start crafting these tek creatures. Taming them wouldn't make sense anyway.

Plus, that means you can harvest parts and build them, mix and match possibly? idk.

Guest DJRone89
1 hour ago, Vaculity said:

Plus, that means you can harvest parts and build them, mix and match possibly? idk.

I’ve heard that may be the case. Potentially you can harvest parts from different levels to achieve a higher level, kind of like a synthetic breeding process so to speak. Of course this is all speculation.

2 hours ago, Vaculity said:

34 minutes ago, DJRone89 said:

I’ve heard that may be the case. Potentially you can harvest parts from different levels to achieve a higher level, kind of like a synthetic breeding process so to speak. Of course this is all speculation.

Meanwhile I'm hoping for Custom Robo

18 hours ago, DJRone89 said:

Nah, its confirmed, at least for one particular mechanical creature (Scout).

The Scout, on the other hand, is a drone originally designed to be part of the security force of the abandoned city. The only way to get your own is to destroy one in the wild and harvest the raw parts it drops. High-level Scouts drop high-level parts, so you’ll get the best crafting results by attacking and rebuilding the strongest ones.

Archived