Every Flyer from worst to best

TheWorldEater

48 minutes ago, DonaldDuck said:

Wyvern can't be used to steal wyvern egg, and it's hard to fight wyvern with wyvern, or correct me if I'm wrong because I've seen many player's wyvern got killed by wild wyvern.

It's the opposite of drake, stealing drake egg is much easier using a drake.

I find wyverns are far by the best creature to steal wyvern eggs. They are fast enough to outspeed wild wyverns and can take a right beating from them too with out a problem. Just dont hang around once you have stolen the egg. Although you do have to watch out for wild wyverns that are not the same element as the wyvern your riding. I prefer using lightning wyverns for this as I have had problems in the past of being sniped of the back of wyverns and other flyers by wild lightnings. Apart from that I have no issues using fire wyverns for this and they are even better for taking out any alpha wyverns for milk. Poisons are the same but I am just not a fan of them. Griffins on the other hand are great but are just way to squishy if the get away isnt smooth which it rarely is.

On the other hand I hate using just a drake solo for stealing drake eggs. Much prefer a drake backed up by a pack of megalosaurus to wipe out aggroed wild drakes. Reduces the stress levels alot. 

On 6/30/2018 at 8:34 AM, DonaldDuck said:

Wyvern can't be used to steal wyvern egg, and it's hard to fight wyvern with wyvern, or correct me if I'm wrong because I've seen many player's wyvern got killed by wild wyvern.

Yes but rock drakes are trash fighters

• 9 months later...

Ptera are very useful birds for trapping argies early in the game.  My first tame on official - Ptera, my second tame on official - Argy.

Trap -

2x4 stone foundation.
Dinogate on one 2 wide side.
doorways on 4 wide sides 4 tall.
Ceilings 2x4
other 2 wide side - two rows of pillars to the ceiling.

You lead the Argy to the trap with the ptera, flying in the trap and out the back between the pillars and land, then run around to doors and close them.  The ptera can fly through but the Argy can not. while the argy is focused on the ptera, attempting to hit it, you run around and close the doors. its a very simple easy to build early trap, letting you get a good argy at low level.  This is also a effective trap for snow owls as well.

Ptera & tapa's are also very usefull when building walls that are as tall as the behemoth gate.  Tapa's especially because of their maneuverability, being able to fly forward/backward/side to side.

Tapa's are also a great mount to use for aerial taming, your tribemate can sit on the front of the bird or back of it, and fire their weapon while you keep them hovered at a safe distance. with two players you can eaily tame a rex from the back of a tapa.

The usefulness of most dino's really depends on the player, how they level them and what they attempt to use them for,  I had a small army of 10 raptors on one server that I took around and took out rex's and spinos with, and others find raptors totally useless.

This list is now totally outdated, because of the introduction of the Mana, which makes everything almost useless (in terms of combat), because all the things the other creatures can, can be also done by the Mana, just better. 

But considering ALL the abilities of these creatures it would look much different, depending on the use. 

1 hour ago, caleb68 said:

Ptera are very useful birds for trapping argies early in the game.  My first tame on official - Ptera, my second tame on official - Argy.

Same is true for getting your hands on a Wyvern or Tapejara... the Ptera can make it happen. On Extinction I was trap capturing Tapejaras super easy with a Ptera and some of the rare flowers. 

Many of the flyers are essentially 'gateways' to more easily access other flyers and dinos. 

On 6/30/2018 at 9:34 AM, DonaldDuck said:

Use a Lightning all the time to kill other wyverns and steal eggs.

The trick is just just hang out near a cliff and melee them.  (GET A GAS MASK)

Same goes for stealing eggs. Steal a Egg and just hang out and let them come to you and wipe them all out at once.

Ate a 160 Alpha last week no Issues.

And they are great for killing Titanosaur's as well, never pass up the chance well worth the experience.

Just hover and fire till close to no stamina, land nearby, rinse repeat, doing about 25k-30k damage before landing.

• 3 weeks later...

First of all: You completely left out Snow Owls which are some of the best mounts in the game. I mean their heat vision is off the charts, and their healing abilities are so useful for combat. You clearly were also taking flyers from other maps into consideration (Wyverns, Phoenixes) so why leave out the best flyer (In my opinion)?

3 minutes ago, CorruptionInTheSystem said:

First of all: You completely left out Snow Owls which are some of the best mounts in the game. I mean their heat vision is off the charts, and their healing abilities are so useful for combat. You clearly were also taking flyers from other maps into consideration (Wyverns, Phoenixes) so why leave out the best flyer (In my opinion)?

Sorry, I forgot that Extinction came out late 2018. My bad!

• 8 months later...
On 6/26/2018 at 11:17 AM, TheWorldEater said:

the queztal definitely deserves its spot as number two, but you got it a little bit wrong. the quetz is in fact the second fastest flyer when sprinting, it has insane stamina and weight, and can attack without turrets, but not as good as an argentavis. despite its large size, slow attack speed, and being easily targeted, the quetz is the king of the skies besides, obviously, wyverns and the desert titan

Archived