New game start - What to choose on main menu

AgentBeowulf

Playing Ark on my PS4 Pro. Love this amazing game! Would like to start fresh, under these conditions:

Single player. Would be nice if ONLY friends could join later, but this is not a requirement.
Would like the ability to pause my game and not have my dinos starve while away. Also not a requirement.
PVE ONLY!
As many configuration options as possible
Don't want to design or change the map itself
Want to play on the base map - "The Island"
Am willing to pay about $1.00 per month. Does one "slot" mean one character?

When I start the game and look at the main menu, the amount of choices is bewildering. I need help with what to click on so I can meet the conditions above. Please help!

By default Singleplayer meets all your requirements. Dinos won't starve when you pause or quit as the game won't be running then. It's automatic PVE as you are the only one in the world. When friends want to join just choose "host non-dedicated server" in main menu. Then they can join your world. Be aware of the tether distance though.  And when it's just you then choose " single player ". This mode changing doesn't affect anything in your world.

As for settings , you can pretty much customize everything to your liking and play the game how you want to.
For a start I would suggest only switch on " Use single player settings ".Then take it from there and change what you need/want after playing and seeing what you want changed.
For example if taming still takes too long then up the taming rate etc.

If there is specific settings you get stuck with then ask here for that setting specifically.

You don't need to pay ANYTHING per month for playing single player or non-dedicated. Only your PS plus sub to play online on PS4 and your friends as well. I don't have PS4 but I doubt you can host or they can join without PS Plus.

PS: Remember to add your friends that join into your tribe obviously.

Enjoy

5 hours ago, vmoses77 said:

When I opened this website to open this game, I needed to create my account to enjoy the features, the process required email confirmation. As I used my AOL account, I already took some help from AOL tech support and I confirmed my account later to enjoy the game and the features of the website.

Sounds to me like that is your ISP that provides you with internet access. I strongly suggest you research PS Plus. PS Plus is a playstation service that is required to play online in games , thus you MIGHT need it to host your world for your friends and they MIGHT need it to be able to actually join your world. I say again that I can NOT confirm if you need it as I am an Xbox and PC player. But from my days that I did have a PS4 I can remember that PS Plus was needed for online gaming. I never had Ark on it though and can't confirm if non-dedicated hosting and joining needs PS Plus or not. I suggest asking someone who owns a PS4 or  someone here that plays on PS4 if PS Plus membership is needed for hosting non-dedicated and joining non-dedicated.

Archived